7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Are you committed to buying an R2C Intake once available?
Yes. I am patiently waiting.
71.43%
No. I'm not sure why I even voted.
28.57%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

R2C Performance Products Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD
Here is the link, I like this one too.

http://www.injen.com/Galleries/Produ...SP1947_Web.jpg
That heat sheild is embarassingly ugly, IMO. My advice to you: wait for the R2C. It's gonna rock.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 PM

We should be close to our date,LOL
Old 06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Just sent an email to Ed asking for an update, and will pass that along when received.

Brian
Old 06-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
Just sent an email to Ed asking for an update, and will pass that along when received.

Brian
Good luck I sent him and email 2 days ago...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This week should be the week. Do you guys think as soon as it is avail it will be on their web site, or will this .org be the first to know? How many units (as a guess) are expected to be avail for such a new product? Will R2C run out by the time the list on the web site.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can only wait one more week.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by KT88
This week should be the week. Do you guys think as soon as it is avail it will be on their web site, or will this .org be the first to know? How many units (as a guess) are expected to be avail for such a new product? Will R2C run out by the time the list on the web site.
Thanks
Originally Posted by KT88
I can only wait one more week.
To be honest no one knows... Chances are it will just go up on their web site and they will offer us on maxima.org the group buy for it either through them or Cattman.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I heard back from Ed today, he's been on the road for several weeks supporting their race team. He promised to check with engineering and get back to me on the status of the 7th gen system. Please don't take this as encouraging or discouraging until we get some useful information.

Brian
Old 06-15-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
I heard back from Ed today, he's been on the road for several weeks supporting their race team. He promised to check with engineering and get back to me on the status of the 7th gen system. Please don't take this as encouraging or discouraging until we get some useful information.

Brian
Right on man, thanks for the update. I am pumped to get this thing, whenever that may be!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I forgot, will this system be a short ram or a true CAI? Or we don't really know yet?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM

Short ram with heat shield.

Saw Ed today when they evaluated the Genesis coup... he said another 4 weeks... they are just waiting for everything to come in... tubes/hoses/etc. etc.

Just hold out a bit longer guys!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
Short ram with heat shield.

Saw Ed today when they evaluated the Genesis coup... he said another 4 weeks... they are just waiting for everything to come in... tubes/hoses/etc. etc.

Just hold out a bit longer guys!
The system is defiantly going to be worth the wait... I hope that they come out with it and don't change their mind again. This is going to be a great product. Thanx for the update.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM

Is this really going to be so much better than the other intakes? Why?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by legalize
Is this really going to be so much better than the other intakes? Why?
Search is your friend...

R2C Performance Products introduces the highest level of performance and engine protection available to Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts.The new, state-of-the-art, R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System reduces inlet restriction by over 60% when compared to other aftermarket products. High strength, polymer construction provides the finest thermal barrier to ensure a cooler, more powerful intake air charge resulting in increased power and throttle response.The need to compromise flow and low restriction for engine protection is over! The proprietary and patent pending R2C PowerFlow Filter provides the lowest restriction levels over the entire life of the filter. HLVV media technology delivers unmatched engine protection and efficiency. The PowerFlow completely eliminates the reliance on poor performing oiled cotton gauze.

http://www.r2cperformance.com/cotton_gauze.html

http://www.r2cperformance.com/techni...vantages2.html

http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-engi...dyno-tune.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O3_...eature=related

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...tem/index.html

http://www.southerncarparts.com/cama...ke-p-3058.html

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1944078

http://myg37.com/forums/intake-and-e...xflow-cai.html
Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 PM

It's coming.....

Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
It's coming.....

Is that one (of 2) for your Z?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 AM

what is the projected cost of this intake? Also can we see a pic of the part that going into the filter is there any kind of Venturi Element?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Is that one (of 2) for your Z?
Yes
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM

Yes
I would love to see your engine bay.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
The system is defiantly going to be worth the wait... I hope that they come out with it and don't change their mind again. This is going to be a great product. Thanx for the update.
No going back now... the tubes are being coated, and they are getting everything together for packaging...

carlosrg... no idea of cost, but honestly, it will be one of the more expensive intakes available... but rightfully so. The amount of R&D these guys put into their products borders on obsessive. This will be the best intake you can get for the 7th Gen.

And as far as I know, no venturi-type element. It's not necessary. They design everything from scratch for optimum performance.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 AM

I don't want to argue but the technology they have is in the filter not in the tube. If they have no venturi element that is going to be a loss, also it being made of metal with no temp coating will just heat soak the pipe and then heat up air temps. Higher intake air temps equal = less performance.

If they did everything properly engineered the the tube would be some kind of low head conductive material like plastic, or CF :-)

I need to see one of these products up close and I bet that if I took one of these intakes and then had a machine shop make me a venturi element we would see a gain.

Tho thinking about they may have implemented into the actual filter itself.

BTW I am expecting to see something like which is JWT Z kit.

Air intake gains are all about reducing restrictions, speeding up intake velocities, and air intake temp.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by carlosrg
I don't want to argue but the technology they have is in the filter not in the tube. If they have no venturi element that is going to be a loss, also it being made of metal with no temp coating will just heat soak the pipe and then heat up air temps. Higher intake air temps equal = less performance.

If they did everything properly engineered the the tube would be some kind of low head conductive material like plastic, or CF :-)

I need to see one of these products up close and I bet that if I took one of these intakes and then had a machine shop make me a venturi element we would see a gain.

Air intake gains are all about reducing restrictions, speeding up intake velocities, and air intake temp.
No s**t sherlock do some research first and by doubting this company before doing any research is asking for an argument...

If you take the time to read some of the links I provided you'll see where the temps dropped dramatically all measured using a scan gauge.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I'm with MaxLoverAz on this one. You should go back and read through the posts in this thread before jumping to conclusions and posting ill-informed conclusions..... One post is a quote from Ed at R2C explaining that part of their testing included holding a BLOW TORCH to the intake pipe. It had NO effect on performance gains.

You can get whatever intake you want, but don't doubt R2C's engineering... They go wayyyy over the top with their R&D.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM

There's a reason hardly anybody has the JWT kit for the Z... I'm just sayin'...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:53 PM

When I put my response I was talking to the fact that you said that it had no venturi element. I see now that response has been edited and that comment has been removed.

I am not sure why the attitude maybe it is the exhausted patience on having the product released or what have you regardless it is not appreciated.

I will admit that I saw a metal tube and thought not another WAI claiming to be a CAI intake with big promises and small results. I am not saying that is the case I am just was my initial thought.

I have seen is that they make a nice tube for some other applications and I do like that and hope to see it for our vehicle.

I will let the product speak for itself on delivery times, results, and etc.

No s**t sherlock do some research first and by doubting this company before doing any research is asking for an argument...

If you take the time to read some of the links I provided you'll see where the temps dropped dramatically all measured using a scan gauge.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:35 AM

If they did everything properly engineered the the tube
Hey, we were just reacting to your uninformed comments. Fact is, they DID do extensive R&D on what type of material to use for the pipe, whether it be their engineered plastic or metal and their results proved that in our application, the short distance and high velocity of air is not influenced by heat soak through the tube. The source air is important, of course, but thats where their heat shield comes into play. I have never seen such a snug fitting heat shield by any other manufacturer.

Bottom line is: please go do your research, you will be pleasantly surprised at caliber of R2C's products and the R&D that goes into every design.

Last edited by ANNINO; 06-18-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 AM

Annino I have lots of experience in high horse power applications, mostly forced induction, vs NA. But I have a bit of time on a dyno testing different filter elements that being either blitz, KN, Apexi, Generics knock offs, metal screens, without a venturi unit, with heat shields and with out, carbon fiber tubing versus metal tubing. Using data loggers, Air intake temp sensors and you name it. And I am talking about high horsepower applications 500-1500RWHP.

And I will make the comment that air intake temps, tubing size, tubing material, tubing shape, tubing length, velocity stack all make a difference and i will leave it at that.

Please keep in mind I am also a 7th gen Maxima owner and would like to the best possible product for our vehicle produced.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Interestingly, he (R2C) described experimenting to see if it was warranted to insulate the intake tube by putting a blow torch on the tube while in the car on the dyno - and it had no impact! This actually doesn't surprise me because I've always been skeptical about the degree of heat transfer that occurs while air passes through a relatively short tube at high velocity. Anyway, these results indicate that there's no practical advantage to insulating that tube (which ='s lower production costs).
I guess this is between you and them then. If you don't believe that they did this ^^^^^^ and it had no impact then maybe you should go apply for a job with them.

I never once questioned your 'experience', my point was only that they know what they are doing and it will definitly be the best intake for us.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:38 PM

Annino I have lots of experience in high horse power applications, mostly forced induction, vs NA. But I have a bit of time on a dyno testing different filter elements that being either blitz, KN, Apexi, Generics knock offs, metal screens, without a venturi unit, with heat shields and with out, carbon fiber tubing versus metal tubing. Using data loggers, Air intake temp sensors and you name it. And I am talking about high horsepower applications 500-1500RWHP.

And I will make the comment that air intake temps, tubing size, tubing material, tubing shape, tubing length, velocity stack all make a difference and i will leave it at that.

Please keep in mind I am also a 7th gen Maxima owner and would like to the best possible product for our vehicle produced.
And R2c's parent company, Greenless Filters, has a Department of Defense contract and makes filters for the Oshkosh, Humvee, etc. etc. They have been doing so for 20+ years.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 PM

WHEN CAN WE BUY THIS???
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by goose8924
WHEN CAN WE BUY THIS???
When they release it.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 AM

When they release it.
Hahahahahaha. Well said.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM

When they release it.
I hope it's before the 8th Gen Max is released, but I'm starting to have my doubts.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Any update on this?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by MrTeek
Any update on this?
+1, I hope Dr. Dre's Detox album doesn't release before it.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 PM

Last I talked to him I was told that since the have been busy with the race season Ed has not been keeping track and is going to check with his engineers to see how much longer. Just shot him another email to see if there was any update. I will let you all know once a reply email is sent back to me.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 PM

I am paitently waiting for all the official info on this. cant wait to hear complete specs,price,and when I can buy this,official date would be great.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I am paitently waiting for all the official info on this. cant wait to hear complete specs,price,and when I can buy this,official date would be great.
Me to! Can't wait to get a quality intake system on my car.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

My apologies for not being able to provide information on the R2C intake system project, but even though the folks at R2C are real nice and make a great product, it can be difficult to get information from them sometimes. I've asked about the status of this project a few times in emails, but the question wasn't acknowledged.

We know they don't necessary keep to their project timeline, too, but given the way our development projects can get stretched out (did I hear 7th gen catback...?), I can hardly be critical about that.

However, I had a chance to speak with Ed today, and he told me that the 7th gen system was in production now and completion should occur some time between the end of this month and mid-August.

Brian
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM

thats a good news.

Quick Reply: R2C Performance Products Intake