7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Are you committed to buying an R2C Intake once available?
Yes. I am patiently waiting.
71.43%
No. I'm not sure why I even voted.
28.57%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

R2C Performance Products Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Colnajoe
There isn't one, but I think we should start one just to give them an idea on how many are interested. I went through the thread to piece together who would seriously be interested or not, and it's between 5 and 11 somewhere. If we start a list, we might be first.....you know what I'm sayin?
Added a poll. Please don't vote unless you are serious about buying one.

When is SEMA anyway? I emailed Ed a couple days ago for an update on their progress. He said he would check with the guys about when prototype testing would begin. Haven't heard anything yet.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Added a poll. Please don't vote unless you are serious about buying one.

When is SEMA anyway? I emailed Ed a couple days ago for an update on their progress. He said he would check with the guys about when prototype testing would begin. Haven't heard anything yet.
sema is at the begining of november, so we should be seeing something by the end of the year
Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM

I stopped by to see them today so they could do some final tweaks for the 6th Gen system. They really are swamped with SEMA. But they will make a system for you guys... They said it should actually be pretty simple... which is good news!

But after SEMA... which is Nov 3-6.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
I stopped by to see them today so they could do some final tweaks for the 6th Gen system. They really are swamped with SEMA. But they will make a system for you guys... They said it should actually be pretty simple... which is good news!

But after SEMA... which is Nov 3-6.
Nice! Thanks for the update.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:42 AM

i see alot of people interested in this r2c intake, hopefully when they release it, we can get some type of group buy. I think we should have enough people
Old 10-04-2009, 06:33 PM

is the fujita and the R2C intake the same?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM

I believe the r2c will be a cold air and the fujita is a short ram. I may he wrong though.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by G9Max
is the fujita and the R2C intake the same?

Not even in the same league...

http://myg37.com/forums/supporting-v...take-sale.html
Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 AM

is the r2c gonna be a short ram?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
is the r2c gonna be a short ram?
My guess is yes, it would be a short ram with the benefits of a cold air. They use a crazy heat shield to isolate the filter from the engine heat. They have big rubber gaskets that seal against the hood. Again, this is just my speculation, but I would bet that it will be like that.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM

i agree from the site it looks like a shortie with benefits of a cai, im not to found of cai due to the risk of sucking in water
Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 AM

My guess is yes, it would be a short ram with the benefits of a cold air. They use a crazy heat shield to isolate the filter from the engine heat. They have big rubber gaskets that seal against the hood. Again, this is just my speculation, but I would bet that it will be like that.
i know its still early but any pricing on this system yet?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
i know its still early but any pricing on this system yet?
No idea. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ed. My guess is comparable to the competition. The 350/G intakes were more expensive but that was for the dual tube/filter setup.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM

I talked with Ed yesterday and he said about 6 weeks from now. After looking at their product I will for sure be buying. They are still doing the shows right now so that's why there is the wait.Their filter media technology is the best from what I am reading and am looking forward to buying this system.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Glenns25
I talked with Ed yesterday and he said about 6 weeks from now. After looking at their product I will for sure be buying. They are still doing the shows right now so that's why there is the wait.Their filter media technology is the best from what I am reading and am looking forward to buying this system.
Nice! I can't wait!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Glenns25
so 6 weeks from now they should be in production?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Just thought I'd mention that we (Cattman Performance) have signed up as an R2C dealer. I agree with all the positive things said about this outfit on the 6th and 7th gen forums. I could not be more impressed with their products, R&D capabilities and way of doing business. We very much look forward to their new Maxima intakes coming out.

Brian
Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 PM

I cant wait either..
Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cattman
Just thought I'd mention that we (Cattman Performance) have signed up as an R2C dealer. I agree with all the positive things said about this outfit on the 6th and 7th gen forums. I could not be more impressed with their products, R&D capabilities and way of doing business. We very much look forward to their new Maxima intakes coming out.

Brian
awesome, good to know!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 AM

^^awesome
Old 10-24-2009, 10:18 AM

any updates on the r2c? its been a while.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Not sure ima shoot them an email again today.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:24 PM

There are updates on this page. lol

With SEMA coming up, chances are it'll be for sale soon after.

I hope to get the production model on my car this upcoming week... But the guys couldn't promise anything.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

I hope to get the production model on my car this upcoming week... But the guys couldn't promise anything.

Cool thanx for the update, keep us posted
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM

What about for the donor!? Put in a good word for me man!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is just speculation, but would the intake be like that of the 370Z where the pipe is extended to the front of the grille and the filter is surrounded by a heat sheid? I know this would involve running the pipe between the battery and engine but it seems doable. So far, the intakes released (even the Altima ones) have been a short pipe that may or may not have a heat sheild that is connected to the stock air duct. Again I knew this is speculation, but maybe they are planning to extend the pipe in place of just using the stock air duct. I think this because wouldn't a polished, metal pipe have better air flow than a plastic air duct? Just a thought
Old 10-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha
What about for the donor!? Put in a good word for me man!
LOL Whenever I end up seeing them, I'll see what's up... chances are they will hook you up since they used your car.

Smokem, I know R2c will have a short ram type setup, with a heatshield. Just like all of their other systems. They believe digging into your fender well is pointless... As do I. I'm glad to be rid of my Fujita on my 6th Gen.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 PM

got an email from them back and it should be out sometime after SEMA just like Oolatec stated..
Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 PM

LOL Whenever I end up seeing them, I'll see what's up... chances are they will hook you up since they used your car.
Nice! That would be sweet... Thanks man!

I'm itching to get it on!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

R2C filters have arrived at Cattman Performance!

No, this is NOT the intake system that R2C is developing, but there have been some requests for pics that show the "hybrid" intake kit we've made from the R2C filter and the JWT POP-Charger velocity stack and bracket ($119.99 group deal special), as well as the R2C replacement filter with a 3" neck ($64.99 - last photo) that can be used with many CAI and short-ram intakes.

I think the flow rates between traditional oiled cotton (K&N-style) filters and R2C filters are similar, but the R2C clearly does a better job of filtering out engine-destroying dust and grit. Look at it his way, R2C is best for daily driving on the street, but the oiled cotton might be the best choice for the track.

Just give us a call if interested.

Here are the kit components:

Here's the assembled R2C filter and JWT velocity stack, showing the 4 bolts that attach it to the MAF inlet:

Here's the R2C filter with a 3" neck that would go with most CAI systems:

Brian
Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM

looks good
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM

nicee....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 PM

Would that fit into the stillen system? Reason Y I ask is I have the K&N filter that they supplied with it but it kinda bolts up to the shield thing that they are using.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM

bump
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM

Hey... not sure.. could you take some pics? Perhaps some pics of the filter taken off the piping as well?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 PM

Hey... not sure.. could you take some pics? Perhaps some pics of the filter taken off the piping as well?

That is the intake from Stillen with their version of a heat shield and the bolt patters to the pipe. Does that help at all?

Would I be able to just buy the cone for this application?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam

That is the intake from Stillen with their version of a heat shield and the bolt patters to the pipe. Does that help at all?

Would I be able to just buy the cone for this application?
Good pics but I think one of the filter, and where it meets up with the pipe/shield would be helpful..
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Good pics but I think one of the filter, and where it meets up with the pipe/shield would be helpful..
Pic's 1, 3, & 4 are as close as I can get. You can tell by it right there as they are drilled in a square pattern and you can see where they would line up on the head shield (pic 1) and as it shows it in (pic 3) bulleted up. Pic 4 is installed. There is nothing in-between the filter and the head shield and the only thing between the filter and the pipe is the heat shield.

I just sent an email to Stillen seeing if they could give me the specs on the cone itself that way I can give a more accurate response to the diameter of the cone.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM

Ok, I see... hmmm, do the screws holding the heatshield on go all the way through and attach to the base of the filter? From what it looks like, the filter just fastens around a velocity stack (Does the Stillen have one?), or the piping itself?

How wide is the opening of the filter where it attaches to the heatshield/piping? If there is a velocity stack (metal ring type thing that the screws secure to, and the filter is braced around), then I am pretty sure you could get a replacement R2c filter.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Pic's 1, 3, & 4 are as close as I can get. You can tell by it right there as they are drilled in a square pattern and you can see where they would line up on the head shield (pic 1) and as it shows it in (pic 3) bulleted up. Pic 4 is installed. There is nothing in-between the filter and the head shield and the only thing between the filter and the pipe is the heat shield.

I just sent an email to Stillen seeing if they could give me the specs on the cone itself that way I can give a more accurate response to the diameter of the cone.
I meant a pic of the end of the filter, to show whether it has a velocity stack or if it is some proprietary shape that STILLEN uses. As oolatec says, if the stillen one uses a velocity stack of sorts then you may just be able to swap filters. If the filter is molded to the base where the tapped holes are, then that is another story and you would need some sort of adapter, or see if by chance the bolt pattern is the same as the stock MAF, at which point you could use the velocity stack and R2C filter in the photos above.

Quick Reply: R2C Performance Products Intake