7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Are you committed to buying an R2C Intake once available?
Yes. I am patiently waiting.
71.43%
No. I'm not sure why I even voted.
28.57%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

R2C Performance Products Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Not black chrome, my friends, we are talking about the black nickel-finish, which is much cooler. But VERY difficult to photograph, as Ed and I were discussing earlier today. He's gotten frustrated trying to take a picture that even slightly shows the way it actually appears, and after looking around at other R2C kits on other websites I can see the issue. I gave him some tips that might help, but since I don't have a kit in hand yet I can't try either.

BTW, just posted the actual group deal price and terms on the 6th gen and group deals forums. Just $279.99 if we can sell at least 10 units. Obviously there's no way for me to know what the price will be on the 7th gen intake; I don't even know if they look similar since intakes are so chassis-specific.

Brian

Last edited by Cattman; 02-17-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 09max07gsxr
are there any pictures of a black chrome? Is it just a glossy black metal? Also if its under the hood not seen what does it matter what color it is?
Well, it doesn't matter to anyone else who's outside of our cars but it matters to us because it will blend with the black under the hood and look stock (though there is no such stock intake for Maximas like this) and it is more for us as owners not for public appreciation, that is, until you open the hood.

HTML Code:
Not black chrome, my friends, we are talking about the black nickel-finish, which is much cooler
Thanks for the correction.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM

Yeah I keep calling it black chrome when I really shouldn't... totally my bad.. lol

They have pics of their other systems on their website:

http://www.r2cperformance.com
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
Yeah I keep calling it black chrome when I really shouldn't... totally my bad.. lol

They have pics of their other systems on their website:

http://www.r2cperformance.com
LOL - I have the 370Z kit and I guess I have the black chrome.

Nissan 370Z

No Compromise Performance and Engine Protection!

Part #CAI 10504

The new, state-of-the-art R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System reduces factory inlet restriction by approximately 40%.

Specifically designed and engineered based on the demands of the sophisticated, high performance Nissan 370Z engine and featuring the best performing engine air filters available, R2C continues to set the standards for performance and engine protection.

Systems available in stunning, limited edition black chrome and nickel chrome finishes. Patented and proprietary R2C media technology delivers unmatched engine protection and effeciency. The PowerFlow completely eliminates the reliance on poor performing oiled cotton gauze.

http://www.r2cperformance.com/nisson_370Z.html
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Sorry, I was sort of joking about the "black nickel" vs "black chrome" distinction. Ed referred to black nickel in an email to me, but the terms seem to get mixed up and used interchangeably.

Brian
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cattman
Sorry, I was sort of joking about the "black nickel" vs "black chrome" distinction. Ed referred to black nickel in an email to me, but the terms seem to get mixed up and used interchangeably.

Brian
No worries I had a good laugh, it is a very good looking finish!

Thanks for working with R2C and becoming a reseller for their products, I hope this is just the beginning of a long successful partnership for all parties involved!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:41 AM

Any one know the HP gains on the 6th gen?, maybe it will be close on the 7th gen??
Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 PM

My dyno with the prototype showed +9whp and +5tq over the Fujita which leads me to believe that the Fujita actually loses power vs stock.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My dyno with the prototype showed +9whp and +5tq over the Fujita which leads me to believe that the Fujita actually loses power vs stock.
I def lost power on my 2nd gen g35 with Fujita's in it.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se
I def lost power on my 2nd gen g35 with Fujita's in it.
Not at all surprising.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

Can't wait for this....
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not at all surprising.
No, it isnt...although the power loss with the dual fujuitas on that car quite suprising.

However anyone looking for an intake for gains, is looking for a unicorn. Intakes provide nothing more then sound, and asethics...performance there is basically 0, especially on these motors. From my 05 maxima with a berk shortie, to my 06 g35 coupe which started with a jim wolf shortie, then switched over to an injen CAI, to my 07 g35 sedan with the HR motor with dual intakes...there were never any "gains".

I will say though, most noticible was on my g35 coupe, when I went from the jim wolf shortie, to the injen CAI...besides the CAI looking and sounding MUCH better, I felt that the car might have actually gained a little bit up top, and didnt sacrafice anything down low. Keep in mind though, I'm basing this comparison on CAI vs SR, as opposed to CAI vs stock.

Sound wise though, Injen CAI was FTMFW!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:11 AM

bump any updates?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:57 PM

^ +1, I've just bought my '10 Maxima and want to make a CAI purchase in the near future! Sounds like this kit is muy magnifico from what I've read here in this thread!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 AM

ahhhh im dying to get a price and some more detailss
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM

I'm just waiting for the call when the production unit is finalized.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 PM

Good deal!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any Word??
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM

+1 what's goin on with this intake? It's been to long for a product that was already in development.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Ther word from R2C is that they are suspending development while we see if the sales on the 04-08 version go anywhere. Unfortunately, those have been available for 3 weeks now and there are only 5 orders after so many talked so big about wanting this excellent intake for their cars. R2C is disappointed after sticking their necks out on the development costs of both systems, and I don't blame them a bit.

I've suggested that some of the slow demand may be due to the fact that Maxima owners are cynical about getting benefit from intakes, so they will be doing a dyno sesson this week with a stock intake as the baseline (instead of the Fujita-R2C comparison that came from the first dyno test). I think that if we see some solid results from that test it will help overcome the general skepticism about the possibility of intake performance.

Brian

Brian
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM

<-- Ordering K&N. Screw this waiting game stuff
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM

Ther word from R2C is that they are suspending development while we see if the sales on the 04-08 version go anywhere. Unfortunately, those have been available for 3 weeks now and there are only 5 orders after so many talked so big about wanting this excellent intake for their cars. R2C is disappointed after sticking their necks out on the development costs of both systems, and I don't blame them a bit.

I've suggested that some of the slow demand may be due to the fact that Maxima owners are cynical about getting benefit from intakes, so they will be doing a dyno sesson this week with a stock intake as the baseline (instead of the Fujita-R2C comparison that came from the first dyno test). I think that if we see some solid results from that test it will help overcome the general skepticism about the possibility of intake performance.

Brian

Brian
That sucks that people were all talk and no walk..... Ive got my money stashed away, just waiting for this to come out for the 7th gen..
Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 PM

Screwed by the 6th Gen forum just fantastic!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM

I just sent them as email regarding the intakes and I think that it will make sence to them. I will let u all know once I get a response from them about my idea and will fill everyone in then.

Trying ti throw together something for everyone again. If I can get them to move foward I hope the ppl that said they would buy do just that.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Were burning vendors left and right when we insist on these group buys and then one actually makes a purchase. I'd rather get a superior product for an extra $50 than not get one at all or even worse an inferior product.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Were burning vendors left and right when we insist on these group buys and then one actually makes a purchase. I'd rather get a superior product for an extra $50 than not get one at all or even worse an inferior product.
Exactly. For those 38 that said that they are
patiently waiting I highlydoubt that 38 are gonna buy. Might get about 10 or 15 but we need a for sire amount and ven if that means pre-paying how many of you would do that?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Exactly. For those 38 that said that they are
patiently waiting I highlydoubt that 38 are gonna buy. Might get about 10 or 15 but we need a for sire amount and ven if that means pre-paying how many of you would do that?
Hell I offered to help pay for the darn system development on this but was ignored by R2C.

But yes (calming down) I will pay a deposit for this system....
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Brian

Brian
Ok, thanks Brian Brian!! By the way, I'm Brian too
Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 PM

Hell I offered to help pay for the darn system development on this but was ignored by R2C.

Lol well then I guess that they were never really that interested in doing anything for our gen anyways.

Sounds good if I can work something out that makes two that are willing to then.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Brian

Brian
Yeah I was afraid this would happen. Tons of people expressing interest, but only a handful actually backing it up.

Well I'm still hopeful!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 AM

I will gladly pay a deposit or whatever is needed. Perhaps we should start a new poll "I WILL put money down as soon as Brian asks..." I tried to make it clear in the original poll by putting the word "committed" in the statement, but naturally some people aren't gonna pull the trigger when the time comes I guess.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 AM

omg this is ridiculous im sooo tired of waiting for this to come out, nice weather is here and all and i would like to have an intake for the spring/summer lol....im willing to wait just a few more weeks to hear a word on production, if not i will have to go with another company
Old 03-09-2010, 07:57 AM

i know the spring is almost here and i really need that mod
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Ed called me last night for a final fitting in the next week so please wait it out guys. I'll tell them that you guys are getting anxious and considering jumping ship if they don't expedite.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha
Ed called me last night for a final fitting in the next week so please wait it out guys. I'll tell them that you guys are getting anxious and considering jumping ship if they don't expedite.
I don't think that would help the situation. Sounds like they are pretty choked about those shoddy 6th gens. I think the only solution right now is sit tight and wait it out and refrain from making a bad situation worse. That would be my thinking from a business standpoint. They have nothing to lose if they drop it all together, more so then if they get the feeling we are going to jump ship halfway through production.

Last edited by Mreim769; 03-09-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
I don't think that would help the situation. Sounds like they are pretty choked about those shoddy 6th gens. I think the only solution right now is sit tight and wait it out and refrain from making a bad situation worse. That would be my thinking from a business standpoint. They have nothing to lose if they drop it all together, more so then if they get the feeling we are going to jump ship halfway through production.
True.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 PM

I think expressing that we are very interested and many would be willing to front the money before the product is ready may spark their interest. I know I for one would have no problem paying ahead of time.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM

they shoulda make the intakes for the 7th gens first, i think the number of deffinite customers would have been alot more according to this forum
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by DMCfirestar500
I think expressing that we are very interested and many would be willing to front the money before the product is ready may spark their interest. I know I for one would have no problem paying ahead of time.
I agree completely. Alpha/Cattman, maybe you can see if that would change things if they are really going to hold off production?

It would be such a shame if Alpha gets the final unit fitted and they end up just putting it on a shelf. All that engineering for nothing...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
they shoulda make the intakes for the 7th gens first, i think the number of deffinite customers would have been alot more according to this forum
Agreed. We have 38 that voted they are going to get one, even if 1/3 followed through it would be more than double the 6th gens outcome. Not ideal, but better nonetheless.

Quick Reply: R2C Performance Products Intake