7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
View Poll Results: Are you committed to buying an R2C Intake once available?
Yes. I am patiently waiting.
71.43%
No. I'm not sure why I even voted.
28.57%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

R2C Performance Products Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:29 PM

i so want this intake badly..
Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
I agree completely. Alpha/Cattman, maybe you can see if that would change things if they are really going to hold off production?

It would be such a shame if Alpha gets the final unit fitted and they end up just putting it on a shelf. All that engineering for nothing...
I know, right? I think the sticker shock turned some people off re: 6th Gen... $300 for an intake is a lot of money, I totally agree... but this will be, hands down, the best available. And considering this thing is designed/manufactured 100% in the USA, that's another bonus.

The black chrome finish really is a sight to see in person.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oolatec
I know, right? I think the sticker shock turned some people off re: 6th Gen... $300 for an intake is a lot of money, I totally agree... but this will be, hands down, the best available. And considering this thing is designed/manufactured 100% in the USA, that's another bonus.

The black chrome finish really is a sight to see in person.
Hey, if you want the best, it's gonna cost you. This intake will be the best of the best, and like you said 100% made in the USA. Those who are losing patience.... hold off on jumping ship just yet, and lets try to work something out with them. If enough of us can put deposits down, or hell, pay in advance, maybe they will do something for us. Cattman please chime in, and Alpha, please talk to them when you go in.

Otherwise looks like we may be forced to build frankenstein intakes with insert_manufacturers_name_here tubes/heatshields with the R2C filters.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM

i know what u mean.. we all really need this intake badly
Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 AM

Great news guys. Hold out for at least another several weeks. I just got a reply email from Ed at r2c and after talking back and forth with him a few times he has decided to move foward with the development of the CAI. so hold tight and give them the time to finish production.

Last edited by KillaKam; 03-10-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM

thats a great news.. cool
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Awesome news.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Great news guys. Hold out for at least another several weeks. I just got a reply email from Ed at r2c and after talking back and forth with him a few times he has decided to move foward with the development of the CAI. so hold tight and give them the time to finish production.
Nice man, thanks for talking to them. Keep us posted if you hear anything else. Mind if I ask what you two talked about?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Nice man, thanks for talking to them. Keep us posted if you hear anything else. Mind if I ask what you two talked about?
No problem I am just trying to get some companys to move foward with thigns instead of backing out.

I suppose I can state what I was talking to him about. I basically brought the conversaition up from a win, win situation stand point of view. I basically told him people were goin to jump ship and go with some other company, there are some that have been waiting to purchase this CAI and only this one, and I brought up the idea that he should allow pre-orders that way he can see how many people really are interested in the product and if he does not get the number that they are looking for; scrap the project and return all the money (WIN, WIN because hes not losing out on anything). That was basically it.

So I am not sure as of yet if he is going to be doing pre-orders but he is going to move foward with the product.

I JSUT HOPE THOSE THAT SAID THAT THEY WOULD BUY ACTUALLY DO SO AND PURCHASE THE CAI SO i DON'T LOOK STUPID AND SO THAT ANOTHER COMPANY DOSN'T TURN THEIR HEADS AND LOOK AWAY FROM THE 7TH GEN.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Hey, which ever way, deposit, pay full price up front whatever!! I'm definitely in!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by BEEMERZE1
Hey, which ever way, deposit, pay full price up front whatever!! I'm definitely in!!!
Me too.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:34 AM

Third....ASAP
Old 03-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Im game for the deposit, JUST GET US THIS INTAKEE ALREADYYYY
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 AM

I was thinking about going for a Stillen CAI before I stumbled on this thread. Seems like everybody has decided R2C is a much better brand. Is this manufacturer proven to make higher quality intakes? And what do you guys think the R2C intake would cost ~$300?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Invizion
I was thinking about going for a Stillen CAI before I stumbled on this thread. Seems like everybody has decided R2C is a much better brand. Is this manufacturer proven to make higher quality intakes? And what do you guys think the R2C intake would cost ~$300?
should be around this 300 dollar mark, now were just waiting on a word for production.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Invizion
The R2c will be the best available, period. While they have just started in the consumer market, they have been manufacturing intakes for the military for close to 20 years. 100% manufactured in the USA, best filtration on the market, period.

I would expect it to be slightly upwards of the $300 mark. The Infiniti/Z guys pay quite a bit more for theirs... granted, the newer models have dual intakes...

Cattman will give us the best deal we can get.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:40 AM

The R2c will be the best available, period. While they have just started in the consumer market, they have been manufacturing intakes for the military for close to 20 years. 100% manufactured in the USA, best filtration on the market, period.

I would expect it to be slightly upwards of the $300 mark. The Infiniti/Z guys pay quite a bit more for theirs... granted, the newer models have dual intakes...

It better be under $300. That's getting pricey for some
intake we've waited forever for.

Either under $300 or it better have some serious dyno results justifying it costing that much. IMO
Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 09max07gsxr
It better be under $300. That's getting pricey for some
intake we've waited forever for.

Either under $300 or it better have some serious dyno results justifying it costing that much. IMO
Well you can go get a K&N for $320.00, oops I guess that is over $300.00, Stillen has a sale $100- off the normal price of $389.00 but you still don't have a dyno test.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM

+1
Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Well you can go get a K&N for $320.00, oops I guess that is over $300.00, Stillen has a sale $100- off the normal price of $389.00 but you still don't have a dyno test.

I can get K & N all day for $230. They claim 13HP increase so thats why if im gonna spend $100 on this intake that everyone just is crazy for, I wanted some testing done. Thats all
Old 03-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think Maxima drivers are the only one in the past 5 cars that ive owned and modded that still believe in intakes for actual gains rather than just something that sounds good LOL.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 PM

I can get K & N all day for $230. They claim 13HP increase so thats why if im gonna spend $100 on this intake that everyone just is crazy for, I wanted some testing done. Thats all
Awesome go get it and tell us all about it in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ke-09-max.html

Were interested in the R2C.. bye bye
Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Awesome go get it and tell us all about it in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...ke-09-max.html

Were interested in the R2C.. bye bye

LOL Im waiting out this R2C. Just making conversation and keeping this thread alive
Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 AM

LOL Im waiting out this R2C. Just making conversation and keeping this thread alive
Yeah because what this thread need was a revival and more anti-R2C comments. Way to go sport uppet:
Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
Yeah because what this thread need was a revival and more anti-R2C comments. Way to go sport uppet:
your right, I shouldnt make jokes. This intake has been a big enough joke already
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 PM

your right, I shouldnt make jokes. This intake has been a big enough joke already
Wow
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Brian, anything new?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 PM

Wow

Nothing against product or company just it gets frustrating for alot of us when we been waiting for a while. We will get a date and that its being produced, then next day oh they stopped, now its back on ect. Ready to buy one already is all.

Ill be patient and chill out.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:46 AM

Nothing against product or company just it gets frustrating for alot of us when we been waiting for a while. We will get a date and that its being produced, then next day oh they stopped, now its back on ect. Ready to buy one already is all.

Ill be patient and chill out.
I really don't like how they were willing to turn their backs on us because of the lack of response from the 6th gen owners. They should have developed and sold our intakes first because the demand will be greater as new cars are sold and people look for intakes. IMO the 6th gen owners who wanted an intake have one already. I know that if I had purchased a 6th gen I would have had one already and there's no way I would have purchased another one for quite some time. It was a bad move on R2C's part and they wanted to punish us for it. But I guess I'll continue waiting...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 AM

You just don't need to ruin what is already dangling by a very thin string if you have no plans of actually getting it. To some of us this is very important. Go get your lackluster Stillen intake and be done with it. Thats all im sayin doooooode .
Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD
I really don't like how they were willing to turn their backs on us because of the lack of response from the 6th gen owners. They should have developed and sold our intakes first because the demand will be greater as new cars are sold and people look for intakes. IMO the 6th gen owners who wanted an intake have one already. I know that if I had purchased a 6th gen I would have had one already and there's no way I would have purchased another one for quite some time. It was a bad move on R2C's part and they wanted to punish us for it. But I guess I'll continue waiting...
That doesn't even make any sense. Comeplete 180 of what is actually the case. You market a product for profit. How would selling a product to a limited amount of cars (7th Gen) rather then selling it to a car that has been in production for quite a while and probably has quite a few more cars on the road with an expired warranty looking to fully commit to performance make any sense? Am I the only one that has heard of a functional business model? I can understand your frustration at this point but come on man be realistic this is a business that has to run before and after a few of us get our R2C intakes.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
KC's FINEST

Otherwise looks like we may be forced to build frankenstein intakes with insert_manufacturers_name_here tubes/heatshields with the R2C filters.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:52 PM

You just don't need to ruin what is already dangling by a very thin string if you have no plans of actually getting it. To some of us this is very important. Go get your lackluster Stillen intake and be done with it. Thats all im sayin doooooode .
What you mean if I have no plans of getting it? Thats the whole point for all my posts so far is Im waiting to buy it......?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM

I guess its not that bad if it took 7 pages to start a catfight. Not bad in my book.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 PM

That doesn't even make any sense. Comeplete 180 of what is actually the case. You market a product for profit. How would selling a product to a limited amount of cars (7th Gen) rather then selling it to a car that has been in production for quite a while and probably has quite a few more cars on the road with an expired warranty looking to fully commit to performance make any sense? Am I the only one that has heard of a functional business model? I can understand your frustration at this point but come on man be realistic this is a business that has to run before and after a few of us get our R2C intakes.
It makes complete sense. Even the owners of the newest 6th gens have had 2 years to get an intake if they wanted one. Of those who wanted one, I'm willing to bet 90% of them have purchased one from a different manufacturer already. I know if I had one already I wouldn't be buying another one now. On the other hand people are still buying new 7th gens and many of them are going to be in the market for a new intake, therefore the 7th gen intake sales currently have more potential IMO. But I respect your opinion.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:31 AM

What you mean if I have no plans of getting it? Thats the whole point for all my posts so far is Im waiting to buy it......?

Hmmmm. I see.

Last edited by Mreim769; 03-18-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD
It makes complete sense. Even the owners of the newest 6th gens have had 2 years to get an intake if they wanted one. Of those who wanted one, I'm willing to bet 90% of them have purchased one from a different manufacturer already. I know if I had one already I wouldn't be buying another one now. On the other hand people are still buying new 7th gens and many of them are going to be in the market for a new intake, therefore the 7th gen intake sales currently have more potential IMO. But I respect your opinion.
Thats cool man I can see where you are coming from. My bad if I came off harsh, it was a rough afternoon. It just makes more sense to me to sell a performance product to the car that would be coming off of warranty as oppose to a car where most people are still negotiating a lease.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 AM

I guess its not that bad if it took 7 pages to start a catfight. Not bad in my book.
Dude nobody is cat fighting. I was just having a discussion with a few people. Just trying to make sure that this intake goes through and trying to turn a couple negative comments into positive comments so it doesn't appear everyone is flaking out. With 7 pages people tend to skim, and mostly skim to the end.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Dude nobody is cat fighting. I was just having a discussion with a few people. Just trying to make sure that this intake goes through and trying to turn a couple negative comments into positive comments so it doesn't appear everyone is flaking out. With 7 pages people tend to skim, and mostly skim to the end.
Haha, I agree with all your comments, that was aimed more at the rediculous negative statements of the others. With the fragile nature of this intakes production, I think it would be wise if negative people just moved along..
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 PM

This has been going back and forth back and forth, I would like an answer on production directly from cattman or r2c themselves, Please Cattman chime in here lets us know if there gonna do this or not!

Quick Reply: R2C Performance Products Intake