Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   Just Waxed the car (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/600017-just-waxed-car.html)

ANNINO 06-07-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by sgirgiss1214 (Post 7591627)
I can think of some things but they cn't be discussed on these forums, lol.
Nice setup btw!!

Thanks!

I may have been exaggerating a bit... haha

2010BlackMax 06-07-2010 11:05 AM

ok finally got the pics uploaded. darn busy weekends!!!

Anyway the pics just dont do it justice. when i drove it in the rain a few days ago, black car owners know what im talking about, the car was nice and hazy. When that road grime or haze dried, i was able to wipe off the road grime to a shinny smooth surface with just my finger. I didn't do this on the whole car, didn't want to scratch it, but i was amazed.

The car was washed with dawn, then clayed, then1 coat of Z5, then some Z6 spray, then Z2. Then washed with regular car soap, then driven two days, now the pictures here they are
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2521.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2520.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2519.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_2518.jpg

Flip2cho 06-08-2010 03:37 AM

^^^^^^Nice and Shiny^^^^^^

you only wash with dawn if you are going to clay the car I hope. (sounded like it because you said you washed with regular car soap afterwards) Dawn or any dish soap takes away waxes which is what you want if your going to clay. Any other time it's not a good idea. Too harsh or a soap. But it sounds like you already knew that. Nice Job!

GM_Traitor3.5VQ 06-08-2010 07:21 AM

Nice work with the Zaino. Used those products on my past vehicles (2001 Grand Prix GTP in Metallic Green) and was blown away by the results. Have you tried layering the Z5 or Z2 along with the Z6 inbetween applications? My new Max is navy metallic blue and just want to see if the work with worth it. Nice lookin car!

2010BlackMax 06-08-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7592644)
^^^^^^Nice and Shiny^^^^^^

you only wash with dawn if you are going to clay the car I hope. (sounded like it because you said you washed with regular car soap afterwards) Dawn or any dish soap takes away waxes which is what you want if your going to clay. Any other time it's not a good idea. Too harsh or a soap. But it sounds like you already knew that. Nice Job!

Thanks! yeah absolutely only wash with dawn to strip all the old wax or grease that is on the car. I never never ever use dawn to wash, man that would take all my hard work right off the car!! Thanks again!

Originally Posted by GM_Traitor3.5VQ (Post 7592782)
Nice work with the Zaino. Used those products on my past vehicles (2001 Grand Prix GTP in Metallic Green) and was blown away by the results. Have you tried layering the Z5 or Z2 along with the Z6 inbetween applications? My new Max is navy metallic blue and just want to see if the work with worth it. Nice lookin car!

This is my first time I have used this product! I sure don't see changing now. I am very impressed as well. Yeah i did layer the applications. I used the Z5, then the Z6 then the Z2. I would like to do another layer of Z2 soon. I also just about bought the Z8 grand finale spray. I have heard great things on that stuff too, as in the people were blown away with the initial z2 and z6, then they used the z8 and were wowed all over again. So I may try that.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!! Our car is basically stock. I just have the windows tinted at 35%.
All in all would HIGHLY recommend this product!

GM_Traitor3.5VQ 06-08-2010 08:35 AM

Zaino is great stuff... love the easy-on, easy-off application. Since you layered the polish between the Z6 spray, was there better depth to the paint afterwards? I'm also tempted to try the grand finale spray as I haven't used it before. The dealer royally screwed up my paint from the get go- got swirl marks all over the thing brand spankin new off the lot when they washed it for me. Going to dawn wash it, clay bar, then hit it with some Meguiars show car glaze to remove the swirls, then hit it with the Z-AIO, Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6 and top it off with the Z8 spray. I'll post pics in the next few weeks after I can dedicate a whole weekend to it!

2010BlackMax 06-08-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by GM_Traitor3.5VQ (Post 7592874)
Zaino is great stuff... love the easy-on, easy-off application. Since you layered the polish between the Z6 spray, was there better depth to the paint afterwards? I'm also tempted to try the grand finale spray as I haven't used it before. The dealer royally screwed up my paint from the get go- got swirl marks all over the thing brand spankin new off the lot when they washed it for me. Going to dawn wash it, clay bar, then hit it with some Meguiars show car glaze to remove the swirls, then hit it with the Z-AIO, Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6 and top it off with the Z8 spray. I'll post pics in the next few weeks after I can dedicate a whole weekend to it!

Are you kidding me they swirled your paint. Thats terrible man. Sorry about your luck there. I would just stick with the Zainio if i were you. Check out the Z-PC
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-PC Dont know much about this stuff, but if it is anything like their other products, I would think it would do a great job.

It did seem to get deeper and wetter, when i did the layers. I did have some trouble getting the last layer of Z2 off, i probably should have let it dry longer. Just running out of daylight. I did all my work in the garage in the shade. Let me know what you think of Z8. I am very tempted to get it soon:D

The Z5 sure seemed to fill in the minor swirls that I had.

Can't wait to see your pics!!!!!;)

Flip2cho 06-08-2010 02:35 PM

I have always told the dealer not to wash my car because of the fear of scratches. I am always very particular about how clean the (for lack of better terms) wash cloth is that I wash with. I'll rinse the car really hard really thorough before I start to wash to make sure I get and large parts of debris off so I am not rubbing it around. I will even rinse the cloth/sponge down really good after it has traveled to the lower parts of the car where more dirt is likely to be. It takes less time to avoid them then to get rid of them.

Mreim769 06-08-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7593285)
I have always told the dealer not to wash my car because of the fear of scratches. I am always very particular about how clean the (for lack of better terms) wash cloth is that I wash with. I'll rinse the car really hard really thorough before I start to wash to make sure I get and large parts of debris off so I am not rubbing it around. I will even rinse the cloth/sponge down really good after it has traveled to the lower parts of the car where more dirt is likely to be. It takes less time to avoid them then to get rid of them.

Try using two wash cloths/mits/sponge/etc. One for the top half and one for the bottom half. It's what I do and I never have to worry about picking something up from the bottom and grinding it all over the top even after a few wash sessions. I even go so far as to dedicate another one for the wheels and the small area on the quarter panels behind the wheels.

Flip2cho 06-08-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769 (Post 7593310)
I even go so far as to dedicate another one for the wheels and the small area on the quarter panels behind the wheels.

Yesir, Me too. Great minds think alike

ANNINO 06-09-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7593392)
Yesir, Me too. Great minds think alike

Yep, I have a horsehair brush and microfiber mit (one that looks like it has green dread-locks) for my wheels and a nice big sponge for the car. I use the brush for the face of the wheels and all the little crevacs, then use the mitt for the inside surface where most of the brake dust ends up (not sure what you call that surface but its the one behind the face of the wheel going to the other side of the tire).

GM_Traitor3.5VQ 06-09-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2010BlackMax (Post 7593152)

Are you kidding me they swirled your paint. Thats terrible man. Sorry about your luck there. I would just stick with the Zainio if i were you. Check out the Z-PC
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-PC Dont know much about this stuff, but if it is anything like their other products, I would think it would do a great job.

It did seem to get deeper and wetter, when i did the layers. I did have some trouble getting the last layer of Z2 off, i probably should have let it dry longer. Just running out of daylight. I did all my work in the garage in the shade. Let me know what you think of Z8. I am very tempted to get it soon:D

The Z5 sure seemed to fill in the minor swirls that I had.

Can't wait to see your pics!!!!!;)

Yeah I was thoroughly pissed off to say the least. I've already informed the dealer to NOT wash my car when it comes in for service, I don't care how dirty it might be. Now, because of their jackassery, I now have to spend an entire weekend dedicated to fixing the swirl marks. Ah well, I consider it bonding time with my car haha.

Really glad to hear that layering the Zaino really did pay off. I'm sure my metallic navy blue paint is going to look sick after doing a couple layers of that stuff!

Ah, glad I'm not the only one who's as anal as I am when it comes to detailing my car. Always had separate mitts for the wheels, top and bottom of the car. I wash my mitts in the deep clean cycle in my washer after every car wash. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll have a decent weekend here in the Northern VA area with no rain in the forecast to get the job done right!

2010BlackMax 06-09-2010 09:04 AM

I bet your dark blue will look amazing!!! cant wait to see the before and after pics.

Man I thought I was crazy anal about washing my car. compared to you guys, im lazy!!!;) I use the same mit to wash my car. I do always wash the top of the car then move down. I have never scratched my car. Before this i had an 08 acura tsx. had 50k miles on it and the paint was starting to look a bit swirled, cuz it was black as well. i was getting ready to wax it when my wife and i drove the new max... well now im talking to you guys so you know how that turned out!!

I must say that the zaino system is amazing. Im so pleased with it.
If you get that Z8 grand finale spray, let me know how you like that!!!
It is nice to see others out there that can't stand any dirt and grime on our cars!
Heck we bought nice cars that cost a pretty penny, might as well keep them nice right!
I say it has always paid off for me in the past, when trading in or selling outright. People have always been surprised when i tell them how old or how many miles are on my vehicles.

Flip2cho 06-09-2010 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO (Post 7593886)
Yep, I have a horsehair brush and microfiber mit (one that looks like it has green dread-locks) for my wheels and a nice big sponge for the car. I use the brush for the face of the wheels and all the little crevacs, then use the mitt for the inside surface where most of the brake dust ends up (not sure what you call that surface but its the one behind the face of the wheel going to the other side of the tire).

Bugs are starting to be out in full force here in Florida and they are a SOB to get off! I was washing the car and when I would drive it the next day notice they are still all over the window. I have recently started using a Mr. Clean magic eraser on my windows (only, no other part of the car) to get the little buggers off. It works really good, the windows come super clean really easy.

ANNINO 06-09-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho (Post 7594563)
Bugs are starting to be out in full force here in Florida and they are a SOB to get off! I was washing the car and when I would drive it the next day notice they are still all over the window. I have recently started using a Mr. Clean magic eraser on my windows (only, no other part of the car) to get the little buggers off. It works really good, the windows come super clean really easy.

Oh nice, good tip. I'll try that.

2010BlackMax 06-09-2010 12:18 PM

I may have to try that as well. I used a diluted simple green solution on my galant, the bugs came right off. I did then put a coat of wax on about every other time I did this. Not sure if i want to try this on my max.
im in kansas, and between all the wheat and corn fields, and the bugs are crazy. i have found that if i get them washed off as soon as I can the better.

oh bugs are no fun though

dpresidents 06-12-2010 06:12 PM

Black looks so good when its clean.
I had an IS350, and man it looked so good in black.
But what a pain to keep clean...

2010BlackMax 06-14-2010 08:56 AM

just wanted to update with the bugs. I just drove the max 9 hrs friday, with 4 hrs in the dark, well that means tons of bugs. just covered the front and the windshield. I got back home about midnight. I washed the car 10:00 am the next morning. bugs came right off. no scrubbing what so ever. I am now totally sold on zaino wax!!! So excited. I hate washing off bugs

dpresidents 06-14-2010 06:20 PM

Zaino is one of the good ones, just a pain if you let it get to hot. Its sticks like a mo fo...

2010BlackMax 06-14-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by dpresidents (Post 7602415)
Zaino is one of the good ones, just a pain if you let it get to hot. Its sticks like a mo fo...

That is what I must have done putting on the 2nd coat! It was a lot hotter and more humid that day. I was wondering why that coat was tough to get off. I will have to remember that! Thanks for the tip:D

dpresidents 06-15-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2010BlackMax (Post 7602558)
That is what I must have done putting on the 2nd coat! It was a lot hotter and more humid that day. I was wondering why that coat was tough to get off. I will have to remember that! Thanks for the tip:D

Yeah keep that stuff out of the heat, or sun.
It drys like mud.