7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Room lamps inop

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 PM

Room lamps inop

Hi guys. My dome lights quit working, (2010 w/3,500 miles). I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it and it popped right away. Does anyone have any insight on this issue?
Thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 07:01 AM

First, have you done any of the interior lighting to HID yet? If not, it sounds like there is a short or loose connection somewhere. My suggestion, it has 3500 miles, take the damn thing back to the dealer and let them figure out the issue. I would think about tellign them you want a loaner as well.

If you have done the HID change, put the original bulbs back in and change the fuse again. If it doesn't pop then there is more than likely an issue with the fuse size that is needed for the HID's you put in. If the fuse does pop again, "see paragraph #1".

GL man, hopefully this is a quick fix for ya.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM

Update: I left the car at the dealer shortly after this post. They keeped it for a week but could not duplicate the problem. I got the car back and the fuse blew the following day. I put a new fuse in, didn't pop. That lasted two weeks and then it went again. This time it popped three in a row. Took back to dealer and left it. I said I don't want it back until it is fixed. Two weeks....They finnaly called Nissan support to find the 7th gen has a wiring issue in the headliner. They pulled the headliner out and what do you know, bad wiring. So it is finnally fixed. I will go and pick it up tomorrow.
The dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away and they did give me an 09 Altima to drive.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
...They finnaly called Nissan support to find the 7th gen has a wiring issue in the headliner.
Would you mind checking (when you pick it up) to see if there is a new TSB for all 7th Gens or if it is just the '10s? I hadn't heard of this one before.
TIA
Lt
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 PM

I will ask.
I wish they had called Nissan support after the first day. It's hard to drive a car like that and then get thrown into a 4cyl. Altima. I miss my car and can't wait to get it back.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
Update: I left the car at the dealer shortly after this post. They keeped it for a week but could not duplicate the problem. I got the car back and the fuse blew the following day. I put a new fuse in, didn't pop. That lasted two weeks and then it went again. This time it popped three in a row. Took back to dealer and left it. I said I don't want it back until it is fixed. Two weeks....They finnaly called Nissan support to find the 7th gen has a wiring issue in the headliner. They pulled the headliner out and what do you know, bad wiring. So it is finnally fixed. I will go and pick it up tomorrow.
The dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away and they did give me an 09 Altima to drive.

Your dealer is 1 1/2 hours away? Wow! There are over 20 Nissan dealers within a 1 1/2 hour drive of my home. Driving the Altima will help you to appreciate your Maxima even more, assuming you ever get it back.

This probably does not enter into the bad wiring thingie, but could you let us know whether you have the double-panel roof or the regular moonroof? The wiring behind the headliner is different for each of those.

Sorry you have had bad luck, and that the dealer has been holding onto your car so much. I guess I have been lucky to have had zero problems.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Your dealer is 1 1/2 hours away? Wow!
Yea, small town. 3 dealers in the area, closest is 45min., but I do not care for that dealer.

could you let us know whether you have the double-panel roof or the regular moonroof?
Double panel

I have been lucky to have had zero problems.
I have had this issue, the upper strut mount issue, and had my BCM updated to fix a passanger srs light issue. All in all, not really a big deal. I still would not trade this car for anything else. I love this Maxima.