Installing Paddle Shifters - Page 2 - Maxima Forums

7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Installing Paddle Shifters

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by sg1214 View Post
Damn Ghozt that looks sick, how much u pay for these?????
a buck fitty

the leather feels nice, the rest of the shifter feels about the same as the OEM ones. they are more firm and are more solid feeling when you click them to shift, feels higher quality.

its all about the little things...

Last edited by Ghozt; 08-07-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt View Post
a buck fitty

the leather feels nice, the rest of the shifter feels about the same as the OEM ones. they are more firm and are more solid feeling when you click them to shift, feels higher quality.

Nicely done! I'm now kicking myself for not getting the SV Sport
Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by GM_Traitor3.5VQ View Post
Nicely done! I'm now kicking myself for not getting the SV Sport
Have you checked your steering column to make sure you don't have the plugs/mounting bolts for it? I know someone else said they weren't there, but I know you can add these to the non-sport G's and all the connections are there.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Have you checked your steering column to make sure you don't have the plugs/mounting bolts for it? I know someone else said they weren't there, but I know you can add these to the non-sport G's and all the connections are there.
Not yet... don't have to work all next week, so might rip it apart and see if it'll work. Did you happen to snap some pictures with the column apart and the paddles detached?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm curious if you can add these as well to non sport manual column
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bmags View Post
I'm curious if you can add these as well to non sport manual column
hes gonna check tonight, i sent him some pics so he can easily see if the stuff is there. seems like it would be more expensive for Nissan to make two different steering columns, but I guess we'll see.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 AM

hes gonna check tonight, i sent him some pics so he can easily see if the stuff is there. seems like it would be more expensive for Nissan to make two different steering columns, but I guess we'll see.
That's the game plan! If the mounts are there, need to decide between the 370Z paddles, GTR paddles or just the Maxima OEM plastic ones
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM

That's the game plan! If the mounts are there, need to decide between the 370Z paddles, GTR paddles or just the Maxima OEM plastic ones
i think the GTR/370z/G37 paddles are all the same part. It's a magnesium colored paddle with black or tan leather edges. they feel a little heftier than the OEM ones but I think its still plastic.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM

i think the GTR/370z/G37 paddles are all the same part. It's a magnesium colored paddle with black or tan leather edges. they feel a little heftier than the OEM ones but I think its still plastic.
Ah, I gotcha. Going to rip the column apart when I get home from work tonight and pray I've got those connections in there. If not, going to call up my dealer and see what it might take to make it happen. Will let all the S and SV (non sport and premium) owners know tonight if it's going to work.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM

a buck fitty

nice, my Dad has the high quality plastinesium shifters in his FX, and except for the leather I can't tell the difference
Old 08-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Well, took the steering column shrouds apart to get a look.

Sorry base SV and S owners... unless you have the electric tilt/telescope steering wheel, you can't have paddle shifters. As you can see from the pics I took, there are no spare connectors that would plug into the paddle switch bases. They should mount right below the stalks on each side. As you can see, no place to put them and no connectors.

Ah well... at least I tried

https://picasaweb.google.com/1063121...eat=directlink
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Are those the plugs for them I see? They have plugs but no mounting bolts?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 AM

Are those the plugs for them I see? They have plugs but no mounting bolts?
Are you talking about the white connector that goes into the bottom of the turn signal stalk in the first picture? I thought that myself for a split second, but the same connector isn't on the right side.

If you want to check out the steering column in person, I can make a drive up to Rockville and we can see side by side what's exactly different. A bit tough to tell in pictures what connections, etc are different between the two.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 AM

Are you talking about the white connector that goes into the bottom of the turn signal stalk in the first picture? I thought that myself for a split second, but the same connector isn't on the right side.

If you want to check out the steering column in person, I can make a drive up to Rockville and we can see side by side what's exactly different. A bit tough to tell in pictures what connections, etc are different between the two.
Oh aight, yeah I thought that plug was one of them. For mine I had one white plug and one blue plug I think, each one slightly different so you couldn't plug the wrong thing in the wrong place. Sorry to hear you can't add them...

I was comparing some of our pictures side by side and yeah there is definitely some blank spots where mine has mounting bolts or holes.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh aight, yeah I thought that plug was one of them. For mine I had one white plug and one blue plug I think, each one slightly different so you couldn't plug the wrong thing in the wrong place. Sorry to hear you can't add them...

I was comparing some of our pictures side by side and yeah there is definitely some blank spots where mine has mounting bolts or holes.
Oh well... at least base SV and S owners now know it's not a plug and play possibility now

It was a fun thought while it lasted! Now to focus my attention back to my suspension and exhaust stuffs later this month
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 PM

I know im bringing this back from the dead but what if someone could find out where those plug wires connect too and also from what I see we could purchase the steering wheel with the bolts for the shifters.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by sg1214 View Post
Damn Ghozt that looks sick, how much u pay for these?????

Def not cheap since you have to buy the whole setup including the switches etc!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by STiiLO View Post
I know im bringing this back from the dead but what if someone could find out where those plug wires connect too and also from what I see we could purchase the steering wheel with the bolts for the shifters.
You'd have to get a new steering column, they mount right behind the wheel on the column itself. Probably not worth it at that cost.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 PM

I have them and rarely use them, maybe on a long exit ramp off the interstate to help slow down inplace of using the brakes, only used them a couple of times in the DS mode. to shift up.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Will they fit in 2014 Nissan Maxima S ??

oh btw, yes they fit.

Will they fit my 2014 Nissan Maxima S? Really want to put them on?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:34 AM

My SV definitely has a power telescoping wheel and tilt.