7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Dash lights wont come on car wont excelerate 09 max

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dash lights wont come on car wont excelerate 09 max

Hello im new to this forum, the question is i bought and 09 maxima car ran good for 2 months the first issue i started having, windows, turn signals etc...wouldnot work found that the fusible link was bad. Replaced work out ok no problems. Now here is the problem im having now with my baby stop at a light i then notice that my dash light and radio started flickering and then all of a sudden my car would not excelerate under 2mph change the alternator still having the same issues with it. What could be the problem and how do i fix it.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Iam Majestic
Hello im new to this forum, the question is i bought and 09 maxima car ran good for 2 months the first issue i started having, windows, turn signals etc...wouldnot work found that the fusible link was bad. Replaced work out ok no problems. Now here is the problem im having now with my baby stop at a light i then notice that my dash light and radio started flickering and then all of a sudden my car would not excelerate under 2mph change the alternator still having the same issues with it. What could be the problem and how do i fix it.
Possible bad ground connection somewhere as one possible issue, I would also double check all battery connections again rule out the simple things first then move on into investigating the deeper route of the problem. Judging by the symptoms your having this seems more than likely an electrical problem. I'm sure others in here will chime in soon with some more knowledgeable advice for you but definitely check all connections again!
Old 06-18-2019, 12:05 PM

I've seen something like this happen with a friend's car. It was on a H22A motor though, but he forgot to bolt down a ground cable which caused symptoms similar to what you're experiencing. Recheck the fuses and connections.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:46 PM

Yes, very indicative of a bad alternator (yeah I know you changed it out but.....) as the regulator is integrated to the alt. Grounds/connections are also problematic. And another question, I really have never seen a fusible link go bad without a fubar type of problem. Do you know what caused that to blow?
Old 06-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by LtLeary
Yes, very indicative of a bad alternator (yeah I know you changed it out but.....) as the regulator is integrated to the alt. Grounds/connections are also problematic. And another question, I really have never seen a fusible link go bad without a fubar type of problem. Do you know what caused that to blow?

To be honest i really dont know what or how it happened only thing i do know my windows and turn signal and seats would not mo e or do anything thats how i found the fusible to be blown.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Iam Majestic
To be honest i really dont know what or how it happened only thing i do know my windows and turn signal and seats would not mo e or do anything thats how i found the fusible to be blown.
What was it?