7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SV vs. 2010 SV - Premium

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:04 PM

2010 SV vs. 2010 SV - Premium

Folks:

I have a good friend who is looking to buy a 2010 used SV Premium. He also found a 2010 SV (not premium) for sale for about 1500k less. It has fewer miles (only 10k). His question to me--that I couldn't answer--is what does the premium give the buyer over the standard SV? Is it mostly bells and whistles? He was mostly concerned with ride and feel when driving. Meaning would the SV ride as smooth as the Premium? I told him I'd throw the question out to the forum, since I didn't know if both models have the same suspension system (i.e. struts, springs, suspension design, etc).

Thoughts?

Thx.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 PM

As far as I know only the sport has a different suspension setup. I'm not sure about the options though. I have a SV premium but don't know what just the SV gives you.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 PM

A few things are...

SV = Basic luxury Maxima
Cheaper Leather interior
Bose
Sunroof
Back up camera option
Trunk spoiler option

SV Premium = Top Maxima
Navi
Premium Leather
Bose
Panerama Roof
Back up camera
rear shade
Rear spoiler option

thats all I know... lol
Old 06-24-2013, 06:34 PM

Difference is just bells and whistles. The car will drive exactly the same. No differences at all in the way it will ride. That said, I'm glad that I went with premium.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would tell him to get the Premium. I'm very happy with my choice of going this route.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by esco115
A few things are...

SV = Basic luxury Maxima
Cheaper Leather interior
Bose
Sunroof
Back up camera option
Trunk spoiler option

SV Premium = Top Maxima
Navi
Premium Leather
Bose
Panerama Roof
Back up camera
rear shade
Rear spoiler option

thats all I know... lol
Navi does NOT come standard on the SV Premium. For that you would also need to have the technology package.

SV
Exterior mirror turn signals
Foglights
Driver's seat thigh support extender
Power lumbar support
Leather
9-speaker Bose system

SV Premium
All the above plus:
Paddle shifters
Xenon headlights
Driver-side auto dimming mirror
Heated front seats
Heated exterior mirrors
Driver memory function
Dual-panel sunroof
Backup camera
7" LCD screen
Cooled driver seat
Rear-seat audio and HVAC controls
One-touch up/down rear windows
Power rear window shade
Wood trim
AV input in center console
iPod integration
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM

I went with Sport/Tech cause I wanted some of the bells/whistles and I'm very happy I did. The Premium has some cool features like AC front driver seat, panoramic glass roof, and the rest like Navi, heated both front seats, etc. For $1500 it'd be WELL worth it.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 AM

When I was younger all the "bells and whistles" didn't mean as much. This is the first car I purchased that had everything and I'm glad I went this route.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by dr_2010SV
When I was younger all the "bells and whistles" didn't mean as much. This is the first car I purchased that had everything and I'm glad I went this route.

I was strongly considering a G35 and wasn't even searching around for a Max until a friend of mine came across a Max with all the "bells and whistles". I'm glad to call her my baby now.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by TKHanson
Folks:

I have a good friend who is looking to buy a 2010 used SV Premium. He also found a 2010 SV (not premium) for sale for about 1500k less. It has fewer miles (only 10k). His question to me--that I couldn't answer--is what does the premium give the buyer over the standard SV? Is it mostly bells and whistles? He was mostly concerned with ride and feel when driving. Meaning would the SV ride as smooth as the Premium? I told him I'd throw the question out to the forum, since I didn't know if both models have the same suspension system (i.e. struts, springs, suspension design, etc).

Thoughts?

Thx.
Suspension is the same.
My law partner had an 09 SV that he got rid of this year and slid into a G35X. He loved it. Now that he's seen mine (13 SV Sport Tech), he's very impressed.

The SV is a nice car. The stereo isn't upgraded and certain features are a la cart. Same power, same transmission, same ride, same driving feel. Main differences are in options and leather quality. Only the sport has a slightly different suspension tuning.

Fewer miles and lower cost can be a big deal if he would be stretching to get into a premium model. It's a tough call. If your friend is looking for bang for the buck, the cheaper one with low miles might be all he needs. If he is looking for gizmos and doo-dads, the premium is the way to go....
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM
TBA

There is actually a difference in body structure of the SV and Premium models and in the rear seats.

The SV has the 60/40 split fold down rear seats with a large opening into the trunk. There is no center rear armrest.

The Premium has the same additional body stiffener behind the rear seat as the Sport, eliminating the large opening. Instead it has a small pass through behind a center armrest. This stiffener does add some rigidity to the structure over the SV model, but does not change the ride as much as the Sport's tune suspension and larger wheels.

The rear seats of the Premium (and Sport) are more individual and bucket-like vs. the flatter rear seats of the SV.

If you have any plans on carrying larger / longer items in the trunk, they will not fit through the small pass through in the Premium.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
There is actually a difference in body structure of the SV and Premium models and in the rear seats.

The SV has the 60/40 split fold down rear seats with a large opening into the trunk. There is no center rear armrest.

The Premium has the same additional body stiffener behind the rear seat as the Sport, eliminating the large opening. Instead it has a small pass through behind a center armrest. This stiffener does add some rigidity to the structure over the SV model, but does not change the ride as much as the Sport's tune suspension and larger wheels.

The rear seats of the Premium (and Sport) are more individual and bucket-like vs. the flatter rear seats of the SV.

If you have any plans on carrying larger / longer items in the trunk, they will not fit through the small pass through in the Premium.
Good catch!

This is a small thing I didn't consider. I've gotten into debates about the usefulness of split folding rear seats in the past. My old Accord's rear seats folded as one piece and people thought this was silly when other vehicles offer split folding rear seats. I've owned both. When I had split folding rears, I never ever ever used them as designed and ended up folding them both down. In my Accord, I did use the folding rear seat, but very infrequently. Now that I have the Max, I just don't care. I don't use it for hauling gear. That's what my wife's Equinox is for! ;-)

If this is your only vehicle and you find yourself hauling long stuff, I'm afraid you can't have a premium or sport model.... The cross brace makes it impossible. All you get is a ski pass through.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys, sorry for reviving this thread, just have a quick semi-related question. Does anyone know how I can tell for sure what package I have? I just bought a used '09 sv max with a tech package, but I'm not sure if it's premium or sport. It's got just about everything but the rear shade and cooled seats. I thought I'd read somewhere that red stitching in the leather only came on the sport package? Sorry for the dumb question!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 AM

don't forget about the heated steering wheel in the premium
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by bkcberry
Hey guys, sorry for reviving this thread, just have a quick semi-related question. Does anyone know how I can tell for sure what package I have? I just bought a used '09 sv max with a tech package, but I'm not sure if it's premium or sport. It's got just about everything but the rear shade and cooled seats. I thought I'd read somewhere that red stitching in the leather only came on the sport package? Sorry for the dumb question!
what kind of sunroof do you have? tire size?

premium has dual panel sunroof
sport has 19" wheels
Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

19" wheels, panoramic? sunroof that opens
Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, lets make this simple. Only the Premium edition came with the duel sunroof. All other options between the editions are swappable. The duel sunroof is only for the Premium edition.

I suspose there are a few out there that will say even the duel sunroof is swappable, which it is with a lot of money and time, but I've never know anyone to do it
Old 08-04-2013, 11:58 AM

19" wheels, panoramic? sunroof that opens
panoramic roof is just basically a completely glass roof. Sounds like you have the sport edition(I think you have a regular sun roof). The SV Premium also has different seats the bottom stretches out for extra thigh support.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah, I guess it's just a regular sunroof. I also have the seat that extends
Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 PM

I also have the seat that extends
This is available on both the sport and premium.

The dual sunroof (panoramic) is only on the premium.

If you have 19 inch wheels then it's highly likely you have the sport pckg, unless the previous owner put those on after market.

Last edited by Jig9798; 08-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cool, sv sport with tech package. Thanks guys