Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   Remote Start "oem keyfob" (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/673112-remote-start-oem-keyfob.html)

smooth703 12-13-2013 04:52 PM

Remote Start "oem keyfob"

i wanna get a remote start installed but still use my oem keyfob has anyone had this done. if so what alarm did you go with i've seen it done on chevy's and other brands but yet to find a nissan with it done

jwsvtcobra01 12-13-2013 06:53 PM

remote start OEM fob

go to your local install shop, dont trust a best buy or big box retailer, go to local mom and pop where the installers really know what they are doing, ask for these 2 exact parts

Xpresskit DB-ALL and xpresskit THNISS3C

one is the bypass module for the push to start maxima and the other is a t harness made specifically for the maxima, its is literally a plug and play install absolutley no wires need to be cut, i am a proffesional installer with a 09 maxima and this is what i used, it will allow you to start the car by pressing lock 3 times, both peices should retail around 200 total and then whatever price the shop wants to install it

james

smooth703 12-13-2013 08:37 PM

nicee.. thanks for the info i know just where to go

GNCMaxima 12-13-2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by jwsvtcobra01 (Post 8888933)
go to your local install shop, dont trust a best buy or big box retailer, go to local mom and pop where the installers really know what they are doing, ask for these 2 exact parts

one is the bypass module for the push to start maxima and the other is a t harness made specifically for the maxima, its is literally a plug and play install absolutley no wires need to be cut, i am a proffesional installer with a 09 maxima and this is what i used, it will allow you to start the car by pressing lock 3 times, both peices should retail around 200 total and then whatever price the shop wants to install it

james

I love you? No homo? :)

STiiLO 12-13-2013 10:23 PM

LOL I'm not going to lie, I am an installer from best buy and I could tell you some don't know their ****. Depends where you are but if you are in NY you could come to me. He is right about the parts the DBALL2 is better than the FLCan because it does a lot more things for your vehicle including the (3X Lock from OEM Fob for remote start) Some of us do know our stuff bruh;)

nissandemigod 12-14-2013 02:34 AM

james

Hi new to the forum, although been lurking for years! Anyways, does this method using the parts you listed work with the 2010 Maxima SV model also? I also want remote start without an extra keyfob to carry around. Can this install be done myself (jack of all trades kinda guy), or should I get it professionally installed, and if so how much and how long should it take. Thanks

nissandemigod 12-14-2013 03:38 AM

Also, I can not seem to find the part thniss3c anywhere online.
Also, it says this module is for Dball2Pro on the product description. Can I just buy the Dball or do I have to have the Dball2Pro? Which one exactly?

pdub34 12-14-2013 07:38 AM

It all depends on how experienced your installer is at a big box store, I went best buy and my installer is a pro at it, been doing it for years. Got it done, if you want better range I'll get the smart start u can start your car from your phone and also track it.

jwsvtcobra01 12-14-2013 04:35 PM

remote start OEM fob

my bad stilo, ive been installing for over 15 years and i started at circuit city then was at 6th ave elecgronics and now at a small shop its just throught the years most of the bad installers like the under paid kids and stuff are all at the big box stores of course theres always gunna b very good installers still at large companies, didnt mean to offend anyone i was just making a recommendation to the original poster that he should maybe try a mom and pop shop before letting a newbie mess with his car.

jwsvtcobra01 12-14-2013 06:41 PM

dball

@nissandemigod, its fairly pointless to try to track down the pieces online, amazon, ebay, etc. the dball or dball2, both will need to flashed for your exact vehicle, to do this you need a piece called XKLoader2, its a USB controller to flash xpresskit bypasses, any shop that deals with xpresskit will have this piece and b able to flash the module, the thing is most wont flash anything for a customer to take to install themselves because they want the labor for their shop

STiiLO 12-15-2013 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jwsvtcobra01 (Post 8889242)
my bad stilo, ive been installing for over 15 years and i started at circuit city then was at 6th ave elecgronics and now at a small shop its just throught the years most of the bad installers like the under paid kids and stuff are all at the big box stores of course theres always gunna b very good installers still at large companies, didnt mean to offend anyone i was just making a recommendation to the original poster that he should maybe try a mom and pop shop before letting a newbie mess with his car.

Trust me I'm not disagreeing with you I understand where you are coming from 100%. Basically telling him to be careful and have an experienced person touch his car rather than someone that just started and is learning

jkilmurray 12-15-2013 08:38 AM

What is the best way to find an xpresskit dealer short of calling every store within a reasonable radius? There is no dealer link on their website and I am in a relatively small town with only one shop that is absolutely terrible and they gouge you for anything you go there for.

Edit: Nevermind I found it after digging a bit.

bigdnno98 12-15-2013 10:09 AM

This is great info. Thanks guys.

nissandemigod 12-15-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by jwsvtcobra01 (Post 8889290)
@nissandemigod, its fairly pointless to try to track down the pieces online, amazon, ebay, etc. the dball or dball2, both will need to flashed for your exact vehicle, to do this you need a piece called XKLoader2, its a USB controller to flash xpresskit bypasses, any shop that deals with xpresskit will have this piece and b able to flash the module, the thing is most wont flash anything for a customer to take to install themselves because they want the labor for their shop

Thanks jwsvtcobra01 for the reply! Craziest thing just happened today. Bought my 2010 Maxima SV about 3 weeks ago, and today was installing a few leds, and when I was done, I closed the door and walking back to the house pressed the Lock button like 3x and held it for some reason, not thinking, and as I was walking away all of a sudden the Maxima started up!!!! OMFG, is exactly what I thought to myself. This thing already has remote start built into the OEM keyfob. I was really dreading having to pay $500-$800 to get remote start installed, but now I already have it. Woohoo! I do have to press and then hold the lock button down for about 3-5 seconds after the third lock press though, to start the car.

I must say, this is an amazing early X-mas present! So I walk back into the house and told my wife to go to the walk to the car, then started it up for her!!! She was mind-boggled!!! Told her I did a modification under the hood and now we have remote start! And because I just saved us mucho $$$$, I'm pretty sure she's getting me the Xbox One that I wanted for Christmas now, lol...

Now the only thing I need to figure out is how to just jump in the car and drive off. It worked the first time I remote started the car, but now whenever I try to drive off after remote starting, by pressing the brake the car just shuts off. I tried hopping in the car and pressing the start button first, but the car still shuts off when I press on the brake. Any ideas on how to get around this?

jkilmurray 12-15-2013 02:47 PM

With the xpresskit parts do you still have to buy a remote start system? I talked to a place and they told me I did. Just checking with you guys first so they don't talk me into something I don't need.

Ghozt 12-15-2013 03:33 PM

our car comes "factory alarm ready" as shops have told me so all you need is a bypass module to enable remote start features with the oem keyfob. just range sucks on it. of course if you ask a shop they'll upsell you on whatever they think they can.

jkilmurray 12-15-2013 06:03 PM

Yea I had one telling me I needed to buy a seperate remote start system along with the xpresskit harnesses to make it work. I'll try and call another one and see what they say. Thanks for the help.

nissandemigod 12-16-2013 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ghozt (Post 8889599)
our car comes "factory alarm ready" as shops have told me so all you need is a bypass module to enable remote start features with the oem keyfob. just range sucks on it. of course if you ask a shop they'll upsell you on whatever they think they can.

I can vouch that range is beyond sucking on using the OEM Keyfob for remote start. Worse range I have ever seen in a vehicle to be honest. Me and the wife went shopping today and I could see the car outside through the window, maybe 100ft away, and tried to remote start it while standing in line waiting to check out and nothing. No lights to confirm the lock presses or anything. Horrible, just horrible. When we left the store, and got within 50-75ft of the car, hitting the lock button on the OEM key fob 3x registered and started the car.

Worse thing about finding out we had remote start installed already, is that we cant even start it from inside our apartment, with the car about 50ft away outside. I guess the thin apartment walls are too much for the signal to reach the car.

I really need to figure out something, or a way to boost the OEM keyfob signal somehow. I would be happy if it could at least remote start within 150ft at least. But as it is now, almost makes it useless with its super short range. Anyone got any ideas how to extend the OEM keyfob signal somehow??

Ghozt 12-16-2013 05:31 AM

unfortunately i dont think you can extend it. the Viper dealer i goto now told me if i had come to them first (diff shop installed the alarm - long story) they wouldnt have upsold me on a full viper 5902 with all the add-ons, they'd have sold me a bypass module and the viper smart start system so i can use my phone to start the car. now, regardless, ive had the smartstart added to my 5902 for a while and love it. its nice being able to start it from anywhere and see where the cars at on GPS. so you wont just increase range but it really adds a ton of functionality to the remote start as well.

funkermanI35 12-16-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by nissandemigod (Post 8889056)
Also, I can not seem to find the part thniss3c anywhere online.
Also, it says this module is for Dball2Pro on the product description. Can I just buy the Dball or do I have to have the Dball2Pro? Which one exactly?

Back in Stock! A little pricey but, its the only dealer that I've come across that has it in stock. You can use Dball or Dball2. They are both compatible.

funkermanI35 12-16-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by nissandemigod (Post 8889828)
I can vouch that range is beyond sucking on using the OEM Keyfob for remote start. Worse range I have ever seen in a vehicle to be honest. Me and the wife went shopping today and I could see the car outside through the window, maybe 100ft away, and tried to remote start it while standing in line waiting to check out and nothing. No lights to confirm the lock presses or anything. Horrible, just horrible. When we left the store, and got within 50-75ft of the car, hitting the lock button on the OEM key fob 3x registered and started the car.

Worse thing about finding out we had remote start installed already, is that we cant even start it from inside our apartment, with the car about 50ft away outside. I guess the thin apartment walls are too much for the signal to reach the car.

I really need to figure out something, or a way to boost the OEM keyfob signal somehow. I would be happy if it could at least remote start within 150ft at least. But as it is now, almost makes it useless with its super short range. Anyone got any ideas how to extend the OEM keyfob signal somehow??

XL202. You might want to check this kit out. I think its compatible with our Key fobs. Correct me if I'm wrong

vball_max 12-16-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by funkermanI35 (Post 8889965)
Back in Stock! A little pricey but, its the only dealer that I've come across that has it in stock. You can use Dball or Dball2. They are both compatible.

How much approx. will the whole install cost you in the end?

STiiLO 12-16-2013 11:30 PM

If you havent installed a viper alarm like the 5902,5706 etc.. then listen to Ghozt. All you need to purchase is the DBALL and the viper smart start that connects to the DBALL.

nissandemigod 12-18-2013 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by STiiLO (Post 8890193)
If you havent installed a viper alarm like the 5902,5706 etc.. then listen to Ghozt. All you need to purchase is the DBALL and the viper smart start that connects to the DBALL.

Would I able to install Viper Smart Start with the OEM Key fob remote start I currently have which I'm guessing uses DBALL? Would I lose my OEM Keyfob remote start ability installing Smart Start as well?

STiiLO 12-18-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by nissandemigod (Post 8890577)
Would I able to install Viper Smart Start with the OEM Key fob remote start I currently have which I'm guessing uses DBALL? Would I lose my OEM Keyfob remote start ability installing Smart Start as well?

Wait...you have oem remote start straight from the dealer? I dont think they used the dball so you would have to install the dball and smartstart. And once you installed both you do not lose oem keyfob remote start thats what the DBall is for

nissandemigod 12-18-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by STiiLO (Post 8890653)
Wait...you have oem remote start straight from the dealer? I dont think they used the dball so you would have to install the dball and smartstart. And once you installed both you do not lose oem keyfob remote start thats what the DBall is for

No, I bought my 2010 Maxima SV 3 weeks ago, and found out by accident it had remote start built into the OEM keyfob already, by pressing the lock button alot of times. The KIA dealership didn't even know it had it on the car. Guess the previous owner had it installed.

I would like that Smart Start though!!! I'm sure my wife would love that, being able to start the car from her phone!

Ghozt 12-18-2013 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by nissandemigod (Post 8890577)

yeah you should be able to have one of the VSS systems wired right in. there are new "plug and play" modules for the Nissans/Viper systems now so it doesnt require all the different splicing throughout the fusebox that some installs have. i had mine installed a few years ago by a crappy shop and im now having it ripped out and re-installed using one of these same plug and play modules

STiiLO 12-18-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt (Post 8890729)
yeah you should be able to have one of the VSS systems wired right in. there are new "plug and play" modules for the Nissans/Viper systems now so it doesnt require all the different splicing throughout the fusebox that some installs have. i had mine installed a few years ago by a crappy shop and im now having it ripped out and re-installed using one of these same plug and play modules

Ghozt you're buying the T-Harness for nissan? Also he could have the FLCan installed possibly and not the DBALL meaning if he keeps the flash logic he has to use Drone by compustar instead of SmartStART so make sure you check.

Propa Teknique 12-19-2013 12:03 PM

Wow! Great information. I never thought that it would be this easier with no wire cutting. Great. I'll definitely be looking into this.

jwsvtcobra01 12-20-2013 04:51 PM

if nissandemigod wants smart start with that viper unit best is to make sure hes not using a flash logic or idatalink CA, only use the the DBALL, this way the smart start plugs directly into the DBALL and THNISS3C, all 3 pieces will be plug and play

Justin_Case 12-22-2013 09:15 AM

james

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Had this done yesterday for the Mrs.' Christmas Present by a local independent shop. I'm a gizmo guy, but the Bride is techno impaird, a second Fob would annoy her. I think she can handle 3 lock clicks on the OEM Fob. :D

donhd04 01-16-2014 08:36 PM

Anyone care to sum this page up with part numbers maybe? I just read the entire page and Im a little confused on what all I would need. I like the idea of the viper smart start just not the $700+ price tag on it. Any suggestions?

Jaykris09 01-27-2014 04:18 PM

I paid $59 for the dball2 flashed and the http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=568
For $59 $125 total including shipping. From ebay.

Racerbox77 01-27-2014 04:25 PM

Anyone had their 14' done? My guy can't get my Compustar remote start to work(neither factory or other remote). It starts the car the first time. Then won't work again until he resets it?
Says the system thinks my hood is open.

jkilmurray 01-27-2014 04:27 PM

I'm still cloudy on all of this. Am I correct in thinking that all I need to get remote start is the DBall and the T harness?

gab24m3 01-27-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jaykris09 (Post 8907611)
I paid $59 for the dball2 flashed and the http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=568
For $59 $125 total including shipping. From ebay.

Can u please post a link to flashed dball2, I can only find flashed to Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge. Anyone install these on their own yet?

nissandemigod 01-27-2014 07:15 PM

Well, my 2010 maxima has OEM remote start and I was hooking up some LED's and wiring near the interior fuse box and noticed that whoever hooked up the remote start used an "Avital remote start module".

I'm thinking this is the one below

Avital 4003L Add-On Remote Start System

I'm pretty sure this is the one used in my car, and the car turns on my clicking the Lock button 3x on my OEM keyfob

zoemayne 01-27-2014 07:54 PM

its really dumb that we have push to start but no remote start... would of probably cost nissan no parts to add this feature.

nissandemigod 01-27-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by zoemayne (Post 8907730)
its really dumb that we have push to start but no remote start... would of probably cost nissan no parts to add this feature.

Ya, last year when test driving the new 2014 Altima with zero gravity seats and remote start built in, I was shocked the new 2014 Maxima didn't even have those feature. Someone seriously dropped the ball at Nissan HQ.

mgookool 01-28-2014 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Racerbox77 (Post 8907617)
Anyone had their 14' done?

Also curious as to if this works on the 14' also! :confused: