7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Quad Halos by Ghozt Lighting

Old 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Quad Halos by Ghozt Lighting

I haven't posted much here yet but wanted to start out with some pictures of my modified stock headlights. Dan Evans of Ghozt Lighting did them and I can't even begin to say how pleased I am at the results. I hate that my front bumper is so messed up that it kind of ruins these pictures but I couldn't resist posting (that's the only problem with high resolution photography). I am extremely grateful to Dan for the quality work and for working with me on really getting what I had envisioned. He takes the time to explain anything you have questions about and is great to deal with. Some of you may already be on his waiting list but if there are any of you out there that are on the fence about whether this is worth the money, just do it. You won't regret it. PM Dan or look up Ghozt Lighting on Facebook if you have any questions about his work. (Please keep pricing discussions via PM as it is his business and not for me to represent. He's good, just ask.)

Name:  IMG_2643_zps6f44cd6f.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2641_zps0f45eda6.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2630_zps9d4847f6.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2629_zps82e65f39.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2627_zps8535a2db.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2626_zps275882de.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2625_zps01cd6e0a.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2624_zps1536a820.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  84.7 KB
Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 PM

They look great!! He did my headlights as well and I must say, I freakin love them!! I get plenty of compliments from people around the city. It's hard to find someone who cares as much about your car as you do and Dan's that type of guy. His workmanship is top notch and I couldn't be more pleased. Glad he did a great job on yours as well. The car looks clean!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:02 PM

how does this work? do you buy the completed headlights or do you send him your pair?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM

Halo's are great looking as are those 20'' Infiniti wheels!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 PM

I've been wondering if anyone has worked with ghost who had halogen and not stock hid.

All of the great workers in this thread are to far away from the bay area for me to just drive to get work done.

So I'm thinking of going to this spot in san jose called extreme hid. But iono uet.

Question op is ur grill all black or chrome? Hard to tell from my phone
Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2010maxSV
how does this work? do you buy the completed headlights or do you send him your pair?
I only live 15mins from him so I was able to do a 1 day swap. He usually has extra parts (the inner portion which gets painted) he painted and installed/mounted the halos ahead of time so when I got there he only had to open my headlights and swap out the inner portion and reinstall. For those who live further away I believe you can ship him your headlights and he will mod them then send them back to you.

Regardless of your situation I am sure he can work something out with you as he is really down to earth and truly enjoys what he does. It also helps if your maxima isn't your daily driver vehicle which is my case.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:18 AM

I haven't been a fan of halos on Maximas but I will admit that they look really nice on the black. There was another guy who put his halos behind the housing and that looked awesome. What caught my eye when I first looked at the pictures were those M56S gunmetal wheels. Those are amazing. I was considering some for my Maxima. Seriously, that makes your car look even more beefy. Good job on the lights. It balances out the entire look. Did you lower your car?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:23 AM

Dope. I am waiting for the night shots
Old 05-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ThinBlue82
They look great!! He did my headlights as well and I must say, I freakin love them!! I get plenty of compliments from people around the city. It's hard to find someone who cares as much about your car as you do and Dan's that type of guy. His workmanship is top notch and I couldn't be more pleased. Glad he did a great job on yours as well. The car looks clean!
Couldn't agree more! His work is great.
Originally Posted by 2010maxSV
I'm in Georgia, so I had to ship him my lights. I found some slightly damaged but functional lights on eBay for $50 each for me to run while they were at Dan's. I have the factory HID lights but because those are so expensive, I took a risk and bought the much cheaper halogen versions and only ran my fogs at night (high beams when necessary). After doing it, I wouldn't suggest that to anyone. My fogs are bright but not bright enough to compensate for the loss of the low beams. Now that I've got my lights back and installed, I'll put the temps back on eBay and try to get my money back out of them.
Originally Posted by dr_2010SV
Halo's are great looking as are those 20'' Infiniti wheels!
Thanks! I love these wheels! I was looking at some options and posted pictures of those options on the 7th Gen Maxima Facebook group page for opinions. One of the guys there introduced these to me and I had to have them. I don't personally care for completely black on black so I was going for hypersilver or chrome. But the gunmetal just sets off the black just enough and looks so classy to me. Sporty, definitely, but classy too.
Originally Posted by monstar21
I've been wondering if anyone has worked with ghost who had halogen and not stock hid.

All of the great workers in this thread are to far away from the bay area for me to just drive to get work done.

So I'm thinking of going to this spot in san jose called extreme hid. But iono uet.

Question op is ur grill all black or chrome? Hard to tell from my phone
I can't talk about anyone else that modifies lights since I haven't dealt with anyone else but I will tell you that the quality difference between aftermarket lights and the factory lights is huge. Having stock lights modified should last you a lot longer. It might be a little more but they should last you longer than aftermarket.

For the record, my lights are factory HID. The low beams are anyway. The high beams are halogen.

The grille is all black. I found it on eBay for $88 for both the upper and lower kit. Couldn't believe it. Of course, they are sold out last I checked. I love it, though. Since there aren't any Nissan center caps that fit my Infiniti wheels, I had to go with Infiniti center caps. So I debadged the car and replaced the grille. Didn't want both logos on the exterior of the car. The quality of the grilles is much better than I expected too. The reality is that they are painted so I can get them chipped with rocks just like the rest of the body. So far so good, though, and I have a 45 mile commute one-way on a two-lane road that transfer trucks drive all the time.

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
I haven't been a fan of halos on Maximas but I will admit that they look really nice on the black. There was another guy who put his halos behind the housing and that looked awesome. What caught my eye when I first looked at the pictures were those M56S gunmetal wheels. Those are amazing. I was considering some for my Maxima. Seriously, that makes your car look even more beefy. Good job on the lights. It balances out the entire look. Did you lower your car?
If you aren't really a fan, as you say, then I take your compliment very seriously. Thanks! I love the factory lights but they just stick out on the black so I am very happy about color matching the lights. Like you said, with the black grilles, the lights just balance out the entire look. That was exactly what I was after.

Thanks again about the wheels. As I said above, the first time I saw them, I knew I had to have them. Love at first site, for sure. Sporty, sexy, and classy at the same time and the color just compliments the black. I don't know if I'll do it yet or not since it can be a little difficult to do it right, but I'd love to paint all the chrome on the car to match the gunmetal wheels. I really think that would look incredible. We'll see. To do it right, it would probably cost a good bit.

The car is lowered, yes, with the Eibach Pro Kit. The combination of lowering and the lower profile tires definitely makes the ride noticeably stiffer but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have never had a lowered car before so I was a little leery. Not now. Love it!

Thank again for the compliments!
Originally Posted by VIP_MAXIMA
Dope. I am waiting for the night shots
Yeah man, I'll have to get some soon.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:35 PM

That looks awesome and OEM. Some of the pictures made me think your car was gray, but I can't stop staring at the wheels. Is it safe to assume that the halos are 4300k? Also, how did you go about with the bumper plugs for the license plate holes? I'm thinking of making my own, and I'm looking for some pointers.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Daaavid
That looks awesome and OEM. Some of the pictures made me think your car was gray, but I can't stop staring at the wheels. Is it safe to assume that the halos are 4300k? Also, how did you go about with the bumper plugs for the license plate holes? I'm thinking of making my own, and I'm looking for some pointers.
Thanks! I love it! You're not the only one who has thought the car looked gray in the pictures. Funny. It was pretty cloudy when I took the pictures so maybe the gray clouds above reflecting in the paint lightened it up a bit. Who knows.

I'll have to get some side shots to really show off the wheels better.

Not sure what temp the halos are. I never asked. Ha!

As for the bumper plugs, I got them from BumperPlugs.com. They are $28 per pair, though. I didn't want to mess with buying the paint and trying to paint them myself but they could easily be done DIY. They are simply universal push tabs with color matched paint and clear coat.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 PM

Those look awesome and he did a great job!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:56 AM

halo's

just wondering where you get your halo from and how much were they?