Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   Someone help - MAF sensor issue!!!!! (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/694157-someone-help-maf-sensor-issue.html)

sigloo44 06-30-2016 12:43 PM

Someone help - MAF sensor issue!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused:CHeck engine light comes on and basically kills the RPMs. I replaced the MAF sensor and cleared the code but after a few day the fu%#ing check engine light come back on.

Kills my RPM and gas efficency again.

mikekay 07-05-2016 05:11 AM

I am out of warranty and dealing with the exact same issues. I just replaced my sensor with a dealer 350+tax sensor. I tried an after market one and it didn't work the same way.

Also get an OEM air filter they have side walls that prevent scrunching sometimes dust can get past it?!?

Have you had the TSB done for the p0101 -- ask you dealer. Maybe you can still get it done for free.

no code for now but if it pops up again Ill have to go back.

Whats your gas mileage like. I get about 13.1L/100km which is quite terrible so Im really hoping the sensor was infact shot and the one I got from partsource had a compatibility issue.

Geared4me 07-06-2016 12:31 AM

mikekay, did the new sensor fix the problem? Did either of you pull the maf and clean it to see if that would help?

mikekay 07-06-2016 05:19 AM

Hey Geared,

So far it has not come back, I dont know if the TSB was already done or not... I've driven about 300km since the flip going to check gas mileage and post back. Also doing a highway run today 100km x 2 to GTA. So I will see again if it pops up.

If it does back to the dealer I go -- its not even the CEL/SES thats ticks me its the gas mileage!

mikekay 07-07-2016 06:42 AM

And its back thanks Nissan for helping me spend 322 useless dollars once again. I am really starting to hate the service they are giving me. I'll never buy another out of warranty car again...

Gonna go see if the TSB has been done on my car.

2014Maxima 07-07-2016 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by mikekay (Post 9117036)
Have you had the TSB done for the p0101 -- ask you dealer. Maybe you can still get it done for free.

What's the P0101 TSB? Reflash for the MAF?

mikekay 07-07-2016 08:52 AM

ECU flash which problem tells the computer dont ever display p0101 again...

Nissans way of fixing it is to just block it. I dont see the TSB mentioning limit spec changes.

mikekay 07-08-2016 05:33 AM

They ran the TSB and performed it for free under the Emissions warranty (8yrs/130000k)

Hope its the end of it, Although the ****ty part is I am stuck with the new MAF...

Does anyone have the TSB I would like to read if they do a IAP Relearn or not...

We will see how long the code stays away...

Geared4me 07-08-2016 09:24 AM

I sincerely hope that fixes it once and for all. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

mikekay 07-29-2016 10:29 AM

Nothing yet... no p0101

14blackbeauty 07-29-2016 02:09 PM

fingers crossed

mikekay 01-18-2017 08:46 AM

Because people rarely come back to update on problem,

This issue was resolved because of the ECU update TSB -- Never came back again...

Hurricane05 05-16-2017 01:17 PM

I drive around the the SES light on

I've been driving around with my SES light on for 2 years now. My mechanic (has earned trust) says the car is fine. Emissions are fine. Gas cap is fine. MAF sensor is fine. Needs the ECU flash per TSB. I gave it a try by contacting Nissan. They ARE NOT committed to helping their customers. Got an event number, got a call from a professional talker from Nissan, he said he would "help" me set up an appointment with a local Nissan dealer. They would need to evaluate the car first. After taking in circles, I got a "in the area of $150" B.S. maybe for putting the car on the analyzer. So, Nissan wants me to be in the hands of a dealer, who we all know we can trust......:laugh: Nissan COULD have said, we'll give you the ECU flash because we know you need it and then you let us know what happens. Nope. So I drive with the SES light on. Car runs fine. MPG is fine. 57,000 miles on the car. I did spray clean the MAF sensor and changed the gas cap. Nothing. Seems like the SES light comes on more in the colder weather. Not sure though. It occasionally DOES GO OUT. FFFF Nissan.

mikekay 05-16-2017 01:33 PM

Get a bmw -- I did! No more rocking seat! :)

Again if it falls under emissions you should be able to push them into doing the ECU program -- it is a TSB. Shove it in their face.

Sorry man dont know how else to help. I am trying to sell an MAF Sensor I bought at nissan for 400 dollars uselessly because I thought it was the sensor.

Selling it on kijiji isn't working out so well heh.

DrHarman 08-12-2017 01:15 PM

I had the same thing happen a few months back and I just replaced the air filter under the hood and cleaned the sensor for about $20 and started up first try and has been working every since.