7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership damaged my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:44 AM

Dealership damaged my car

My local dealer as damaged 2 of my Nissans. The most recent was my 13 maxima. I had the seat rail replaced under warranty because it was rocking. The tech drug the seat out and scratched up the center console, door panel, my window tint, kick panels, and more. They also put some dents in the car. They promised me they would fix everything to make it look like it never happened. The dealer promised to use their best painless dent removal tech and would remove the dents. They ended up putting body filler in a dent about the gas door. I can see wavy body work and the pearl white does not match, it is yellow. Now my replacement seat is rocking now. I tried and tried to get them to fix the car. They refuse. They say the paint match meets industry standards. They admitted there is a run in the clear coat and sanding marks. They offered to wet sand their body work but I explained that will not make the color match.

I bought a new 02 altima from the same dealer and I had them install a spoiler on it. The drilled holes in the wrong spot of the trunk lid. They put duct tape over the holes while they ordered me a new trunk lid. While they had the car, they put a few dents in it, and severely scratched a headlight. The car had about 100 miles on it, if that.

I don't know what to do. I can't afford a lawyer and I don't want the headache. My front suspension is making noise and I have warranty. I don't want to take the car to them because I know they will say they don't hear it, just like they have with a rattle on cold startups that sounds like the timing chain.

There is one other dealer in my city but they are far from me and I'm sure they are just a ****y. What other options do I have? Ive talked to the GM and each time he has me talk to several other people that aren't the original service managers that I spoke with in the beginning. They give me the run around and I have to argue with them to fix what they ****ed up.

Im so frustrated. I feel like I have to let this suspension issue just get worse and let me warranty run out before they will fix it. What can I do? Ive contacted the corporate office and they said they don't get involved in these issues because it is up to the dealer to handle.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 PM

I'd take them to small claims court. Research the laws and guidelines in your state. You don't need a lawyer and the cost to file is generally minimal, but you do have to satisfy the court's requirements. I've also had positive results by filing a complaint with the state department of consumer affairs. Again research what's available in your state. The better business bureau is another organization that can bring pressure to bear that could help - If their a member. Most companies would rather resolve the complaint than deal with court or state agencies then have to resolve the complaint.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:38 PM
RR5

In addition to the small claims court option, post this to every social media and business review website. I'd also go as far as calling the Better Business Bureau. Many times just explaining your plan to management might be enough motivation for the stealership to right those wrongs.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:09 PM

are you able to go to another dealership in the area? it might not be too bad to travel 40-60-80 miles because you know that this particular dealership is shady
Old 10-18-2016, 10:58 PM

you have the right to have your car fixed by whoever you want,
Old 10-19-2016, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 14blackbeauty
you have the right to have your car fixed by whoever you want,
You are absolutely right, except in this case the car was damaged by the dealer. Dealer is not offering any kind of compensation. They did the repairs that are not satisfactory.
Any body shop can perform the repair, but they will be expecting a payment for their services.

It sounds like OP took the easy road, returning to the same ****ty dealer and expected a different result.
If the original dealer refuses to fix things properly, this leaves you with few choices.

Take your car to a reputable body shop and get estimate of damage and repair cost. Call your insurance company and ask their advise. They will pay to get your car fixed properly, minus your deductible. They may also
fight the dealer for cost reimbursement.
You can also take them to Small claims court.

What I would not do under any circumstances is let them work on your car again. Good luck