7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconnecting spoiler brake light

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Disconnecting spoiler brake light

Hello again maxima forums. New question can anybody tell me wich cable it is that connects to the spoiler brake light? I want to disable it and also disconnect the third brake light on the window.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:06 PM

Can't tell you which cable it is but if you are going to disconnect on a permanent basis you better check your state laws first. Some states require a third brake light and other states require if you have one it has to be functional.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Richard66
Can't tell you which cable it is but if you are going to disconnect on a permanent basis you better check your state laws first. Some states require a third brake light and other states require if you have one it has to be functional.
THIS 110%!!! Here in Cali, we require a third brake light, so I would triple-check your laws. Depending on where you are, the fines could be huge, or you could get slapped with a fix-it ticket.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by thekevinwright
THIS 110%!!! Here in Cali, we require a third brake light, so I would triple-check your laws. Depending on where you are, the fines could be huge, or you could get slapped with a fix-it ticket.
I dont really care about the laws sir. The fines in Florida are not that serious anyways. People here drive with one brake light all year im mostly concerned about how to disconnect the third brake light on the rear window and spoiler. Has anyone done that on here?
Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM

Why do you want to do this? What is your plan?
Old 01-07-2017, 02:27 PM

Don't know about Florida, but it wouldn't pass annual state inspection in New York without 3rd brake light.