7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone stock, front camber on 2014???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bone stock, front camber on 2014???

I took my 14 Maxima Sport tech into the dealer today at 27k miles. I asked for an alignment, oil, rotate, etc. (now that I am out of nissan dollars I will be doing my own synthetic oil change btw,,,,80 bucks my @$$.

Anyway, after a couple hours they come back and say they did just an alignment check and the car didn't need aligned. I look at the alignment print out and the front right tire is in red (everything else green) sitting at -1.4 degrees in camber. The guy says these cars dont have a true adjustment for front camber and if he moves the right it will throw the left out.... Now come on, is this real? All my previous altima 3.5 cars and thats a first, and they were all lowered...This car is BONE STOCK on the factory 19" wheels and a year old since bought brand new. I have been wrenching on these things since I was a toddler and this is my first brand new car and I have yet to rip into it mechanically.

Is the camber truly not adjustable on the front? More so, is -1.4 truly acceptable? He says it is right at the max acceptance but I am not comfortable with this. They are going to charge me $90 bucks to come back in tomorrow to do an actual alignment. I will argue that tomorrow.

So questions:

1. Is there really no true camber adjust?
2. Is -1.4 acceptable
3. Is it truly worth it to keep having Nissan do the alignment or should I go with a lifetime firestone plan that is about 120 bucks here...