7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Dead Battery (Story Time)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dead Battery (Story Time)

Just thought I'd share my expericene if any other maxima owners have the same problem. I was in a sonic parking lot today and apparently since my car was in idle for almost an hour and it was freezing outside, my battery crapped out. Now in normal cars you would turn your key and hear clicking but in push start Nissans apparently your brake pedal gets stuck as well. I was freaking out cause I was some 20 miles from home at midnight and the car didn't give me any heads up indication as to what was wrong. Finally I said "screw it" and tried getting a jump from another driver then *poof* everything started to work. So just a heads up to any other max owners or even Nissan owners in general. If your car won't start and your brake won't press you most likely need a jump. A post like this could've really saved me from anxiety a few hours ago lol.

Last edited by Nashh; 03-04-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:36 AM

glad it all worked out for you
Old 03-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by blackmax14
glad it all worked out for you
Thanks. The whole thing was just a weird situation in general. Not being able to press your brakes has you thinking about a ton of other stuff that might've went wrong besides the battery.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:00 PM

Nashh, what exactly do you mean by, "your car was in idle"?

For the record, Nissan's in general come out the box with crappy batteries, even the dealer replacement ones IMO are crap.

I've had 3 Maxima's and a Murano and my battery gave out on me in my 03 Maxima while I was playing basketball on a hot day. In my 2010 Murano and 2010 Maxima both while I was programming my phone to the vehicle while parked in my garage.

I haven't heard of anyone having the issue you described with the brake pedal though. But for me all my vehicles get Optima batteries, and I replace them at 5 yr intervals .