7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Air Bag warning lights on

Old 03-22-2017, 06:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Air Bag warning lights on

Hi all,

So I am showing my son that the steering wheel can be adjusted in and out by sliding it back and forth on the Maxima, right after showing him the Air Bag warning light is blinking?
I did the reset a couple of times and it clears it for a short time them comes back on.
Do you think I might of pulled the plug apart inside of the steering wheel?
Can anyone point me to a check location and how to get to it...

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Have you tried a code reader and queried the SRS ? You should get a code thrown that will tell you. How old is the Max? My driver airbag on a '12 had to be replaced when it tripped 5 different codes for voltage/faults. More than a set of tires.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

air bag light

Sorry, new to the site. I have an 03 maxima GLE, air bag light on. I know, before everyone pulls their hair out, I've already read how to reset it and that didn't work. However, I do believe it gave me the code as to what is wrong. The light blinked three quick times followed by one long blink and kept repeating this process. So, it gave a code, I just don't know what it is and couldn't find anything on the net about it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ou_4me
Sorry, new to the site. I have an 03 maxima GLE, air bag light on. I know, before everyone pulls their hair out, I've already read how to reset it and that didn't work. However, I do believe it gave me the code as to what is wrong. The light blinked three quick times followed by one long blink and kept repeating this process. So, it gave a code, I just don't know what it is and couldn't find anything on the net about it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Not trying to be rude but this thread is for 09-15 maximas, if you direct your question there you might have a better chance of getting the correct answer. What works for 7th gens may not work for 5th gens.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My maxima is an 03 GLE. Not sure now to get this post to the 5th gen Maxima. I did try a code reader and it gave me nothing but the air bag light did seem to show a sign. It gave one long air bag hold followed by three short air bag light flashes? I believe it was telling me something, not sure what. Now it's back to a constant flash..
Old 09-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry, someone said my post went to the 7th gen post, it's an 03 maxima, GLE. I've read it's a 5th gen. Help!
Old 09-08-2017, 05:07 PM

To get to the fifth gen site hover your mouse pointer of the forums link upper left hand corner of this page and select "maxima discussions" then select 5th gen maxima. Post your question there, you should get the help you need.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max12LE
Have you tried a code reader and queried the SRS ? You should get a code thrown that will tell you. How old is the Max? My driver airbag on a '12 had to be replaced when it tripped 5 different codes for voltage/faults. More than a set of tires.
I still have this issue, going to see if i can get a code as to what might be the issue. Tool the steering air bag off this past weekend and all looks good with the wires and plugs.

Search this Thread