7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No climate controls after aftermarket stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No climate controls after aftermarket stereo install

Today, I installed an aftermarket stero in my 2014 Maxima (no bose system or tech package). There must be some kind of adapter for the climate control and climate display system. I can't find any information on this anywhere. I installed the steering wheel control module and everything else seems to be working fine... but I had to put the factory radio back in because the climate system ren through the OEM radio.

Has anyone successfully done this and would know what I'm missing?

Help!

Thank you!
Old 04-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Hi,

I've done it. This thread shows what some others did and what I did too(page 2). It can be done. https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...ml#post9112233
Old 04-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the info! I need to really read theough this post.

I'm just confused about how the climate controls and display get connected when you remove the factory radio. They seem to need to run through the radio in order to function.

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Squiddoc
Hi,

I've done it. This thread shows what some others did and what I did too(page 2). It can be done. https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...ml#post9112233
Old 04-08-2017, 01:35 PM

On my post, there is picture of a brown wire, which is essentially 86 cent thermostat wire from home depot that i used to splice the wire from the digital thermostat to extend it below the new radio.

Any home depot will sell the 3 ply and 5 ply thermostat wire b/c most home thermostats are digital and that's what the temperature monitor is in the Maxima; basically a car thermostat for the A/C unit.

Once you pull away the interior mold and unscrew the existing radio, you will see the radio amber screen and thermostat amber screen are separate.

It's not hard to do once you see how the wires go. If I remember right, the green wire on the amber thermostat must be hooked up for the A/C unit to work once you splice the wires.

I did this a while ago, and it's still working. In fact, I upgraded to a newer 7 inch pad on the top, and the A/C and amber screen are still going. It's been almost a year now.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Awesome! Thanks for the help! Once I get it going, I'll post the details.

Thanks again! Very much appreciated