Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Pirelli tires review

Old 11-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Pirelli tires review

I did some pretty good research on the pirelli cinturato P7 tires for my 11' Maxima SV and they all pointed the right way for rain and snow (located in MD) so I bought them. The are supposed to be all season and they rated pretty well with rain and snow. I do not recommend these tires at all. With the slightest rain I feel like I'm hydroplaning. I can't really go the speed limit when it rains without feeling uncomfortable. I don't feel it gripping at all. At first I thought I really needed to wear into them but it's been well over a year and I want to get new tires already. Just a post to not get them.

Last edited by Cruzz_control_; 11-10-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Thanks, I had them on a list of tire replacements. Those are not cheap tires.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Bificus99
Thanks, I had them on a list of tire replacements. Those are not cheap tires.
Yeah they weren't at all. I spent prob close a grand with purchase and mount, balance, realignment. So I was very disappointed. If I press into the gas on a nice turn it will kick out a bit with rain, which I mean it is fun at times but when I have other passengers I'd rather not have that happen.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Well, for me these are the best tire regards to aquaplanning that I ever had. I almost take pleasure rolling in the rain. I bought the "Plus / type but I thing the only difference is longer threadwear
Old 11-14-2017, 10:37 PM

I have these tires on now... They have lasted me over 25k so far and have at least 50% left on mine... Thankfully, they have been just fine in heavy rain and dry weather too - no experience in snow. IMO not as good a road handling tire as Conti DWS but they are lasting much longer, definitely not mad at them, but strange that I miss the DWS performance - they felt better when pushed to the limit than the Pirelli's but for daily driving - my wallet likes the Pirellis more...
Old 11-26-2017, 05:24 PM

I've had good experienced with my Michelin tires. Had the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires and were good overall. Just installed the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for a more "performance" tire. Awesome tires in bad downpours even after 5k miles in them. Still smooth and quiet like all my Michelins have been. Just a recommendation for next time when your looking for tires.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm looking to change my tires after the winter season. Did some research and those tires are ranked 1 and 2 In the best all seasons. My question is and I have 19' are you guys sticking to the 245 40 19 /245 45 18? I want to go wider maybe a 255 . Any one else played with their sizes?
Old 12-17-2017, 07:43 PM

I have these tires, I think they are excellent, have 10k on them no wear, in rain i drive pretty fast, I just have to be careful on the sections of highway that pool water, and in snow no issues so far, my size is 255/40/19
Old 04-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cruzz_control_
Yeah they weren't at all. I spent prob close a grand with purchase and mount, balance, realignment. So I was very disappointed. If I press into the gas on a nice turn it will kick out a bit with rain, which I mean it is fun at times but when I have other passengers I'd rather not have that happen.
Hmmmm....I got mine online delivered for probably $450. Then just local mounting, etc.

Did you add on some extras or something? That's a huge price difference.

Search this Thread