7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Tire Recommendation for 2010 Maxima SV

Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Tire Recommendation for 2010 Maxima SV

Hi!

I did all the research online and on this forum before starting to type this post.

My mechanic tells me my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetry need replacing. I said WTF cus I got them about 30k miles ago. I kept them rotated and well inflated. I am a boring driver too. I am done with Goodyear.

I went on Tirerack and did some research and narrowed down to Michelin and BFG, despite the fact that Michelin owns BFG.

Does anyone have the BFG g-Force Comp 2-a/s?
Much cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Sports but reviews rank the BFGs at #2 right below the Michelin.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:30 PM

I changed out my Goodyear RSA's to Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3. Got them at Costco for about a grand. These work extremely well during the wet winter months where I live, plus the road noise is minimal.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am in the same boat. I am going to need tires around the beginning of the year. I am going to get the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 6 245/40/19.

I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, BFG's mentioned above and these Conti's.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 PM

FWIW, I had the Continental Extreme Contact DWS on my Acura and I LOVED them! Excellent handling in dry or wet weather. My only trade off was they only lasted about 25k miles... but I drive them a little more into the corners than most - but they handled great - quiet and comfortable. Strongly considering them for my next set (currently have Pirelli P7 Cintrawhatever they are called - and while they are a nice, quiet, decent ride, handling is not as good as the DWS, but they are lasting longer so it's all a trade off) Hope this helps...
Old 11-29-2017, 09:15 AM

I had a set of the Comp 2 a/s tires on my MINI before getting into my Maxima.

I liked them in terms of grip, noise etc... though keep in mind I was coming from factory runflats so they felt light years better compared to that.

Biggest complaint was the look of the lugs on the side wall. Looks 4x4 ish.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:45 PM

My all time favorite tire is the Nokian WR G3 if you live where it snows at all. Look them up! High performance 4 season mountain snow rated.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

You can't go wrong with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +. At the top for all session uhp tires. They were great on my 2010. Replaced them with the Pirelli p zero all season plus and I am pleasantly surprised! Really great performance for wet and dry conditions.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i am ready to change my rsa ' s but the handling is great and now i have 48,000 miles and still 5/32 left....but they are horrible on wet roads specially the hydroplaning . i have the dws contis on other cars and great ,soft ,no noise as compared to the rsa but they do not last .....would like feedback on the dws on the maxima if any of you have them...thank you

Search this Thread