7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2011 Max Dashboard Cracked all over!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by iMAK
Are these cracks normal on the 7th Gen? The cracks are all over the dashboard. My 2011 Max was always parked in the garage and always under shaded parks while at work.

How this is possible? Is it a manufacturing defect?

Wow, totally surprised to see all of those cracks. Especially since you have garage kept it, although garage or no garage I don't think I've ever seen dash cracking like that. Maybe, for what it's worth, it was a manufacturing defect when molding the dash pieces. Maybe, but probably not, Nissan may help?

Old 08-30-2022, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Grady09SV

I just bought a new dash cover. Better than my old one. I filled in the cracks and painted by the radio. Not a professional job but better than it was. Thanks for the pics and letting me know what you did. Taking the dash out is a bit much for me.
The dash cover looks fine. Good fix.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Turbobink
It might take a while to get a complaint/notification submitted and to get a reply, but you might consider contacting Nissan Corporate ... either directly or via any social media means that might be available.

Regardless of where you live and the climate, cars are manufactured to endure extremes and this seems over-the-top and reflective of a quality issue.

I’d think Nissan would want to know about this and I’d hope even more that they’d take steps toward a remedy.
I just noticed I have a small crack in my dashboard. That is something that has always bothered me and now my truck has one. Is there anything that can be done this early to help slow it from getting bigger? Can an upholstery shop maybe fill it with something with a color match sealant or something? I guess I will eventually be replacing the dash but have seen images of guys doing that on the forum and I’m not sure if I want to get into that anytime soon. I bet the long freeze we had a few months ago made the dash harden and become brittle. Then the sun just made it crack like yesterday.