8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Come see the redesigned 2016 Maxima 4/20

Old 04-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Come see the redesigned 2016 Maxima 4/20

Come See the all-new redesigned 2016 Maxima at Trophy Nissan. (5031 N. Galloway Mesquite, TX 75150 - 635 & Galloway).

Don't miss your chance to see it in person!

Monday - April 20th, from 11am-1pm
Old 04-16-2015, 03:57 PM

Looks like a few salespersons in Mesquite TX (suburb on the east side of Dallas) will be working through the lunch hour Monday.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:36 PM

Looks like I know where I'll be tomorrow. Wondering how hard they'll work to get me to trade in. ;-)
Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by MaxSleeper
Looks like I know where I'll be tomorrow. Wondering how hard they'll work to get me to trade in. ;-)
Are you in Millersville MD, where there will be no 2016 Maxima on exhibit today, or Mesquite TX, where the new Maxima is being exhibited for two hours today?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:44 AM

please post pics/videos. Maybe even test drive vids and exhaust notes
Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Are you in Millersville MD, where there will be no 2016 Maxima on exhibit today, or Mesquite TX, where the new Maxima is being exhibited for two hours today?
I am living in Frisco, TX now. Moved here a year and a half ago, just haven't updated my profile.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
please post pics/videos. Maybe even test drive vids and exhaust notes
I'll see what I can do, not sure what they will and won't allow when there. Anyone else going to be there?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:58 PM

When I arrived they were doing a salesman training session, so I was able to listen in when I could actually pay attention.

Couple things I am not sure have been posted or found on nissanusa, I know there is much more but honestly I was too busy taking pics and admiring the car in person.

Unfortunately there are no vids of a test drive or engine start, exhause note due to the car being inside the building. And more than likely not being moved out till later in the evening.

0-60 5.8 secs
7 speed D-step CVT transmission
Braking uses the transmission to assist
Active Trace control while turning or swerving, transmission and brakes assist to maintain control
TPMS in all trims
18 Gal tank
SL, SR, Plat only have BOSE & active noise cancellation.

http://s99.photobucket.com/user/DWim...20Gen%20Maxima

I took 80 different pics, trying to get different angles or points of interest but completely subjective on my part. I uploaded to my photobucket and you should be able to gain access with out a password.
Also the guy in red shirt in pic standing next to the car is approx. 5'-8", do give you a appox. height.

Enjoy,

Last edited by MaxSleeper; 04-20-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:26 PM

I thought I would be able to zip through those photos and move on. Not so. So many thoughts.

I was a little surprised to see the tag holder mounted on the front bumper. TN is a state that does not require front tags.

I was surprised to see the VIN serial # 375084. This car was assembled in March. Maybe they started with 375000, and this was the 84th built? In the past, Maxima serials usually began with an even hundred thousand #, such as 800000 or 400000.

I like the interior lighting controls, where the individual map lights are on each end, and we have a switch to turn all overhead lights on together, and a switch to turn all overhead and all lower door & 'footwell' lights on together.

I like the roof controls, where the same switch (which is easy to find by feel) is moved up to open, down to close and pushed in to tilt.

The outside mirror controls have been moved to the armrest. I like that. Much easier to find and use by feel as we drive.

Although this is a Platinum, and has a spoiler, the lower rear diffuser/valence is not blacked out. We have seen Platinums here with spoiler and the valence/diffuser blacked out.

The front seat climate controls are now on the top aft end of the console right next to the seats. Will be much easier to reach and use by feel without taking our eyes off the road.

This Maxima was running on ProContact Continentals. I think that will be viewed favorably by some here. I personally had absolutely great service from the Goodyear RS-As, but have always loved Contis. The tire size, profile, weight rating, etc, are exactly the same as the tires on the 7th gen.

First time I have seen photos of the underside of this new Maxima. That probably got the interest of modders.

I think the 5.8 seconds zero to 60 mentioned by Nissan is a very safe and conservative number. I expect some of the magazine testers to better that by one or two tenths.

Nissan told MaxSleeper the braking used the CVT to assist. I wonder if that is the same as 'engine compression braking' we have had on the 6th and 7th gens? I have loved it from day one, but the 'coasters' posting here have not always been quite as enamoured with it as I have.

The drop from a 20 gallon tank to an 18 gallon tank is probably due to a combination of getting better fuel efficiency and an improvement to a somewhat nebulous fuel gauge sensor in the 7th gen. We will probably get the same distances to empty as we got in the 7th gen, but with improved accuracy.

There is a sensor very clearly visible in the bottom half of the NISSAN logo on the grille. Those modding the grille area must account for this.

I will probably add more to this later, as there are so many photos to digest. Great job, MaxSleeper.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-20-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 PM

Good job getting all these photos, I really am starting to like this car more and more and do plan on taking a test drive when they hit the lots.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:42 PM

I thought I would be able to zip through those photos and move on. Not so. So many thoughts.

I was a little surprised to see the tag holder mounted on the front bumper. TN is a state that does not require front tags.
I was surprised to see the VIN serial # 375084. Maybe they started with 375000, and this was the 84th built? In the past, Maxima serials usually began with an even hundred thousand #, such as 800000 or 400000.

The outside mirror controls have been moved to the armrest. I like that. Much easier to see as we drive.

Although this is a Platinum, and has a spoiler, the lower rear diffuser/valence is not blacked out. We have seen Platinums here with spoiler and the valence/diffuser blacked out.

The heated steering wheel switch is now at the left end of the row of controls on the left end of the dashj. It had been second from the right. This will be easier for me to find while driving.

The front seat climate controls are now on the console right next to the seats. Will be much easier to see and reach.

This Maxima was running on ProContact Continentals. I think that will be viewed favorably by some here. I personally had absolutely great service from the Goodyear RS-As, but have always loved Contis.

I will add more to this, but must post or else the timer will knock me off and throw away this post.

Not sure on the VIN info but I was told that these cars that they are using for salesperson training are pre-productions and will not be sold but crushed after they are done with them.

Agree on many of your points, they made it comfortable getting to most of the controls that you would use normally when I was playing.
Wish I could of turned it on to play more with the electronics too.

Something that might be missed is that the "burger" up front has a camera under it that is used for a couple features but the main one is when you pull into a parking spot, you can use it to prevent bumper rash.

Yeah I tried to get a couple pics underneath but only so much you can do laying on the showroom floor. ;-)

Last edited by MaxSleeper; 04-20-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:48 PM

Awesome job on getting so many detail pics! New Maxima looks awesome and loving those headlights!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:39 PM

Also noticed that Nissan kept the windshield wipers from the 7th gen, with the driver side being a very long 27 or 28 inch, with the passenger side being much shorter.

The view from the front is quite impressive when the headlights, foglights and LED daytime running lights are all on at once.

This is the first Maxima in a while to have no big gap between the top of the tires and the edge of the wheelwell. Of course the drawback is that chains cannot be used with this car.

I like the all-season tread pattern on these Contis.

I have changed my mind and now like the wheels on the non-SV versions. These photos showed the wheels much more clearly. Of course I still like the SV wheels best.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 PM

Stonersss

lol jk
Old 04-20-2015, 11:11 PM

DAMN that's a beautiful car! Thanks for the pics!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:59 AM

I just spent another two hours looking at MaxSleeper's photos. A lot of detail there. Rather than adding to my earlier post, I will just put these thoughts into a new one.

I like that the rear window sunshade control has been moved to the left side of the dash and is easier to find and use.

I like that the inside latch that releases the hood is more clearly marked and is now easier to see.

Is that a door to the fuse box in plain view on the left end of the dash?

Some folks do not like wood showing on the interior, but I really like this mahogany in the Platinum.

Those are strange-shaped map/storage compartments at the lower front corner of both front doors. I'll need to check them out before forming an opinion.

As viewed from the center of the inside of the car, the 7 degree left lean of the center dash console is very obvious. I like it.

The headrest for the center seat in the rear looks like it may be hinged in order to lower it when not in use?

Those are some large speaker openings on the rear parcelshelf, and the Bose speakers beneath them in the trunk look serious.

I am glad Nissan brought back the handle just inside the right lip of the trunk lid. I use that a dozen times a week on my '09, but Nissan removed it from the gen 7.5 models.

The words 'MAXIMA' and 'PLATINUM' match a little better than I had gathered from earlier photos. Not as bad as I thought.

The front seat headrests look even thicker than those on the 7th gen, which were quite thick themselves.

The quilted seats are very nice. Nissan has put a lot of thread throughout the interior, and this gives a very plush and 'finished' look.

I am glad Nissan kept the flip-down center console in the rear seat. Our granddaughters use this to hold their drinks every time they are in the car.

I see the front seat thigh bolsters are still in this version of the Maxima. Those help on long trips.

The wheel wells sort of come back around below the tires on this car, sort of encircling them. The portion of the quarter panel just behind the front tires has sort of a splash guard that extends several inches toward the ground. This will help keep the side of the car clean.

But I may be overanalyzing this. Time to catch a few hours' sleep before heading to the west woods to cut/prune trees.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-21-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:11 AM

engine bay looks really crammed
Old 04-21-2015, 06:00 AM

Also noticed that Nissan kept the windshield wipers from the 7th gen, with the driver side being a very long 27 or 28 inch, with the passenger side being much shorter.

The view from the front is quite impressive when the headlights, foglights and LED daytime running lights are all on at once.

This is the first Maxima in a while to have no big gap between the top of the tires and the edge of the wheelwell. Of course the drawback is that chains cannot be used with this car.

I like the all-season tread pattern on these Contis.

I have changed my mind and now like the wheels on the non-SV versions. These photos showed the wheels much more clearly. Of course I still like the SV wheels best.
Agreed! The front just looks aggressive, athletic, and combined with the reduced wheel gap, makes it look very sleek.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 AM

1. Thanks for your work getting all the pics - outstanding!!

2. Nice to see that Pharrell sells Nissans!

3. Is the girl in the front seat as cute as she seems from the pics - dealer employee or customer?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
1. Thanks for your work getting all the pics - outstanding!!

2. Nice to see that Pharrell sells Nissans!

3. Is the girl in the front seat as cute as she seems from the pics - dealer employee or customer?
Yes, she was cute. About 6-1 but had heels so made her about 6-3 or so. Lol... She is an employee, not sure of the department though.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:25 AM

Yes, she was cute. About 6-1 but had heels so made her about 6-3 or so. Lol... She is an employee, not sure of the department though.
a little better than cute IMO. solidly in the hot category.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:58 AM

Good seeing you there. You got a lot more pics I see. I don't even need to add mine.

Do you remember if it was soft touch on side of center console?

And did it feel cramped? I remember what I like about Nissan is that the center tunnel doesn't press against your legs, like a lot of Euro cars.

Max looks nicer in person but for me it still is in that weird space of being nicer than Altima but in higher trim too close to Q50 price.

Mostly positive on looks except floating roof design (probably should have black not only on A-pillar but side of roof also) and side mirrors should be body color, not black.

(Looks a lot like Q50 from this back shot I took)

When I was walking around I saw that girl in the stack of smaller cubbies in a side office, maybe internet sales???

Last edited by 7speed; 04-22-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:14 PM

7speed - Yes, in higher trim, the Maxima is close to the Q50 in price. But remember that testers such as Consumer Reports found many things about the Q50 that fell short of the mark. The complaints are pretty serious in areas such as handling, reliability and performance. They do not recommend buying the Q50. Conversely, they do like the handling, performance and reliability of the 7th gen Maxima, recommend it, and had good things to say after their first drive in the 8th gen Maxima.

In a nutshell, at this time, the Q50 is sort of a 'to seem rather than to be' car, while the Maxima is a 'to be rather than to seem' car.

As for the outside mirrors, they are above the window sill, so get the same blackout that the 'A', 'B' and 'C' pillars all get. I'm not sure the car would look right with the edges of the roof blacked out. That is an interesting thought.

As for whether the new Maxima feels cramped, I have owned nothing but Maximas since 1984, and never once felt cramped. By contrast, I have been in several Infinitis over the years, and they always seemed a little snug, especially in the driver's seat.

Like you, I would like to know if the sides of the center console are soft-touch, or the hard plastic we see in almost all cars.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-22-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 AM

Well, yesterday I had my opportunity to sit through the entire sales training meeting as a participant - including receiving a workbook and a pocket guide. I was introduced as a loyal owner, and the trainer seemed genuinely excited to have me participate, and even directed questions to me - such as "How many Maximas have you owned?" He was delighted when I answered four.

One side note - only the top half of Nissan dealers are getting the intro and training, including 3 in my state.

Most of the sit-down session consisted of examining demographics and attributes of the target market, features of the 8th gen., videos of a retired race driver (Ken Thwaits) driving an Avalon, a TLX and a Maxima. He of course was not overly impressed with the Toyota or the TLX, but gave specifics of what he didn't like in terms of body roll, transmission performance, steering, braking etc. The workbook includes many pictures of the Maxima features contrasted with the Avalon and TLX. They also spent quite a bit of time using a NissanConnect simulator similar to the one linked below, and all of the salesmen were required to perform some hands on interaction.

http://www.nissanusa.com/connect

They then went through an interactive walk around examining, touching, sitting etc. Also examined quality features, construction bits, body gaps etc. There are approx. 100 pre-production cars, which will be shredded after they are done. I suspect some of the car mags may get a brief look as well. The trainer has had his for ten days, and had a little over 1,000 miles. He claims if kept below 74 mph, he was getting 32-33 mpg, but that dropped to 31 if he went over 75 much.

I was invited to sit in the back while three salesmen were also sitting in the car. I was behind the driver, and felt more comfortable than I do in my 7th gen. I later was able to sit in the driver's seat and liked it quite a bit without fiddling with the power seat. They are not exaggerating about seeking the cockpit experience - it is palpable.

They then proceeded with test drives including the trainer and 3 sales guys at a time. When I left after about 45 minutes, the first group was not back yet. The trainer apologized sincerely that I would not be able to participate in the test drives, since the cars are pre-production - which I understood completely.

Some impressions: The build quality was impressive for pre-production; I - like others - liked the car more in person than from the pics (ours was the Coulis Red/black); I liked the Platinum wheels better than I thought I would - they will suffice for my winter wheels; the 'mudflaps' are no more useful than they were on the 7th gen.

Most of my questions were answered through the presentation before I had some one-on-one time with the trainer: Phone charge from USB ports? - Yes, both; Are the rain sensing wipers adjustable/defeatable? - Yes; NAV updates? - likely from SD cards.

Here is the list of 'Accessories' presumed to be available: Spoilers (Prem. and Sport), 18 and 19 inch aluminum wheels, illuminated kick plates (these were on the trainer - cool), interior trim appliques in CF and piano black, A/S, sport and carpeted mats, shift ***** - CF, wood grain, 4DSC with blue stitching for SR, white for all others (I believe I also saw one with Maxima lettering), splash guards, trunk protector, interior accent lighting, rocker panels, rear diffuser, shopping bag hook, external ground lighting, summer tires (SR).

I couldn't match MaxSleepers pics, and don't have the IT savvy - so didn't try. Hope you all enjoy, I will do my best to answer any additional questions you may have.

Last edited by gizzsdad; 04-23-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:30 AM

Almost forgot, the NissanConnect package will be free for 6 months, then will be $11.99/mo, for basic, $19.99 for premium, $24.99 for Premium Plus.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:27 AM

Almost forgot, the NissanConnect package will be free for 6 months, then will be $11.99/mo, for basic, $19.99 for premium, $24.99 for Premium Plus.
Toyota Entune was originally supposed to cost money after the first year. But they eventually went free with it. Does anyone really pay for this stuff? What does 24.99 a month get you?
Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...-nissan-maxima
Old 04-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
Toyota Entune was originally supposed to cost money after the first year. But they eventually went free with it. Does anyone really pay for this stuff? What does 24.99 a month get you?
more driving nannies
Old 04-23-2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by george__
more driving nannies
At least the Stolen Vehicle Locator will save me the cost and time of installing LoJack.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've always been a big fan of maxima, but now it seems a new generation Mazda 6, this same just with nissan logos.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by willymk1
I've always been a big fan of maxima, but now it seems a new generation Mazda 6, this same just with nissan logos.
A little disappointing to see someone comparing vehicles that have absolutely NOTHING in common other than they are both four door sedans. The Maxima is larger, heavier, faster, more expensive, has over a hundred HP more than the Mazda, has accessories, appointments, features, etc, that have never been available on the Mazda 6, and is aimed at a TOTALLY different customer base.

I have owned SEVEN Maximas, and my daughter and her family have owned FOUR Mazdas (her husband races Mazdas). She is currently driving a 2015 Mazda 6. It is wonderful for what it is, but is is nowhere near the same ballpark as the Maxima.

PLEASE do not EVER confuse two vehicles so radically different than the Mazda 6 and the Maxima.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by willymk1
Come on,really? The Mazda 6 barely has anything in common outside of fwd.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM

A little disappointing to see someone comparing vehicles that have absolutely NOTHING in common other than they are both four door sedans. The Maxima is larger, heavier, faster, more expensive, has over a hundred HP more than the Mazda, has accessories, appointments, features, etc, that have never been available on the Mazda 6, and is aimed at a TOTALLY different customer base.

I have owned SEVEN Maximas, and my daughter and her family have owned FOUR Mazdas (her husband races Mazdas). She is currently driving a 2015 Mazda 6. It is wonderful for what it is, but is is nowhere near the same ballpark as the Maxima.

PLEASE do not EVER confuse two vehicles so radically different than the Mazda 6 and the Maxima.
The two have nothing in common. There will always be people that either are so bias towards their current car, that they can't acknowledge when the new generation is better in every way. It's completely normal! At the end of the day, the Maxima has nothing in common with that car.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:29 AM

They then proceeded with test drives including the trainer and 3 sales guys at a time. When I left after about 45 minutes, the first group was not back yet. The trainer apologized sincerely that I would not be able to participate in the test drives, since the cars are pre-production - which I understood completely.
I thought some of you may appreciate reading what my sales guy sent me regarding their test drive last week during their training. Now he is an employee, so his objectivity should certainly be viewed with some skepticism, but I have found him to be exceptionally up front with me in all of our dealings.

He also seemed to indicate that they don't expect shipments till late June. His remarks are pasted below:

"The new 2016 Maxima feels different than any other Maxima has ever felt. More substantial like a heavier German Sedan, yet still very athletic. It is revolutionary in terms of the comfort and quietness. The linear and generous power is apparent at all speeds. This CVT is undoubtedly the most responsive I've felt in Auto mode, and provides the crispist simulated shifts, in the Manual (7speed) mode, I've ever experienced.

There is one peculiarity about the ride in the back seat. It was experienced by a few of us in my driving group, and it wasn't bad, just different. When in the back seat, during a turn, it feels as if there is some sort of a 4-wheel steering that provides a sliding feel, as if the suspension allows you to slide slightly left to right. Not much different of a feel than if you are sitting on a swing, and you push your rear end from side to side, of course with your feet planted, there is not much movement or range. That is the best I can describe it.

It is fast and I was getting 31+ at 75mph for a 1.5miles stretch with a little bit of incline most of the distance.

Great car, everyone was gushing about how fun it is to drive."
Old 04-29-2015, 12:23 AM

gizzsdad - Interesting post. The 'heavy German sedan' description is exactly how I felt while sitting in the driver's seat. The stitching is much more distinctive in person. All the buttons and switches seem to be much higher quality, with informantional top centers with chrome surrounds. The seats are so comfortable. The doors open and close with a solid 'thunk', with nothing sounding flimsy.

The Nissan Atlanta Marketing Director told me three levels of liner are used in the seats in order to make them comfortable in all driving conditions. She also feels the 2016 will go on sale at dealers the last half of June.

I chatted with the driver who takes these 2016 Maximas from dealer to dealer, introduces them to the crowd, tells of the new features, and answers questions. He said this new CVT has 40% reduced friction, and he regularly gets over 30 MPG in freeway driving, and got 34.7 on one 200 mile trip. He said he is frequently around 75 MPH. This in a 300 HP 3500 pound car. I think the shifting trannies will soon be considered as things that bring back memories and are still fun to drive, but not as modern or efficient as CVTs. He said this car is the most fun to drive of any CVT he has driven, and better than many of the new automatics.

The front door windows are laminated to hold down sound. There is a system installed behind the headliner that analyzes the sound in the cabin, and, if it decides the sound is at an annoying frequency, generates counteracting sound to neutralize it. If we put the car in SPORT mode, this car does NOT GENERATE sound, but simply amplifies the sound of the actual engine slightly.

The radar system is hidden behind the bumper covers in front and back, and behind the fender sides near the back of the car for cross traffic warning. The two little circles in the front and rear bumpers are simply the alert that something is near the car. There are eight computers in this car, and they are always talking to each other.

The little sensor in the lower half of the Nissan logo in the grille is the front camera.

The turning circle is 37 feet, like the 7th gen. The turning circle for the 6th gen was 41 feet. The black wheels shown at times on the SR are those from the Nissan Concept sedan, and will be an orderable option on the SR.

The car I was in had both a spoiler with brake light and the standard high mounted brake light in the rear window. I asked about that, and he said Nissan had not yet told him whether the spoilers will be orderable, or dealer installed. He said there would be a kit for removing the regular high mounted light for situations where the dealer is adding the spoiler.

The trunk on this Platinum had a double liner, with space-saving spare and tool set under two liners and a boardlike piece.

The center console has rich leather across the top and several inches down the side of the top, which overhangs the console sides. That means our arm does not touch the textured black plastic use for the bottom portion of the center console.

The color of the car I was in was sort of dark red, not the BRIGHT red we have seen in several posts here. I was sure it must be Bordeaux Black. But I checked the color code in the door. I was very surprised to see 'NAW', which is the Coulis (bright) red. This red was absolutely NOT bright (near fire engine) red, but clearly darker. So the Bordeaux Black must be nearer the much darker cherry black tone we have seen on a few vehicles.

I like the repositioning of some switches, especially the front seat AC/heat switch and the window switches. I also like the quality of the switches on the steering wheel. I like that the trunk closing handle has been restored (it was taken out with 7.5 gen). I use that handle at least a dozen times each week.

I had the driver turn on the lights, and noticed the LED low beams were a piercing blinding pure white, while the lower parking lamps each had three sort of yellowish halogen bulbs. I bet this will be something some folks change. The LED accent lights on each side of the grille are very nice. The front of this car with all lights on will draw attention.

My wife and I also sat in the back seats, and there seemed to be maybe one more inch between our knees and the back of the front seat in this car and the same distance in my 7th gen.

The wheel wells go much further around the tire toward the ground, and circle in as to 'surround' the tire, so I will not be able to install the usual small discreet mud flaps, as they would be tilted forward toward the tire.

I thought the Continental ProContact tires had a very good looking tread pattern. I have always liked Contis.

One thing that surprised me - the side sculpting that had drawn so much comment here, much of it negative, is something nobody seemed to notice or comment on. As we were moving around the car, checking out everything, I did not notice the side sculpting, and I did not hear any of the Nissan folks mention it. It was surprisingly 'unnoticable.'

Another thing that surprised me was that I did not notice the 'floating roof' thing until the driver pointed it out to me.. It will not be that noticable except on light colored cars such as white or silver. The things we seem to be very conscious of in looking at photos here are things that don't stand out very much when the car is right in front of me. Sort of strange. I think lighting has much to do with this.

One thing that struck me immediately - This car did not look like the photos we have here. It stood out as a very strong-looking machine with a muscular stance. One that probably is going to surprise some folks when they see it.

The VIN for the car I was in is 1N4AA6AP3GC375072, but this serial number cannot be found by my dealer's tool that can find any legit serial. That is because this is a number from a test range and will never be on a car for sale.

I had time to chat with Scott Smith, the dealership owner. I used to see him regularly when using his Union City Nissan dealership, but then used his Morrow dealership for awhile, but am now using his Newnan dealership. He also has a Toyota dealership and a Kia dealership, and is still trying to get an Infiniti dealership. He always remembers me and thanks me for twenty years of loyal patronage.

The Service Manager at my dealer phoned me yesterday and asked me to come for tonight's event. She also said that car would be back May 7 for training the techs, and I could come for that also. She and I have been close friends for eight years, and she has always taken very good care of my car needs.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-29-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 PM

The VIN for the car I was in is 1N4AA6AP3GC375072, but this serial number cannot be found by my dealer's tool that can find any legit serial. That is because this is a number from a test range and will never be on a car for sale.

Search for another Vehicle
Order #: KW07138
Current Configuration
2016 MAXIMA PLATINUM 4DR CVT
NAW-G
coulis red , charcoal
Invoice MSRP
Prices are not available

Vehicle Information
Order #: KW07138 VIN: 1N4AA6AP3GC375072
Ordered On: 04/02/2015 Production Month: 03/2015
Rail Ship Date: Manufacture Date: 03/19/2015
Rail Receive Date: Shipping VPC: 65
Wholesale Date: Location Status: NNA
Original ETA:
Current ETA:
Vehicle Status:
RDR Date:
Dealer: 44-CV11
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA INC
Dealer Details:
SAM GRIFFIN ROAD GATE 11
SMYRNA TN 37167
Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 PM

bruddahmanmatt - After seeing your post above, I called my dealer and finally reached the person who had tried to look this VIN up. Turns out he was a new employee, and was using a system he used at his previous job, which was not a Nissan dealer. He emailed me a photo of what he had gotten on his device, and there was not much there. He was using a system called 'Manheim', which had responded with 'No MMR information available for this vehicle', and said only that this VIN had been used by Nissan for a 2016 vehicle.

You obviously are using a much better system, probably one that the person at my dealer should have used. From your info, it is clear this vehicle was never sent to a dealer, but put directly into service by Nissan as a 'show car.'

I am glad to know there is someone here who I can count on to find inside info when I need it. The Nissan Atlanta Area Marketing Director told me the 2016 Maximas will be available at dealers the last half of June. She seemed to be informed. Does that time period jibe with what you are seeing/hearing/expecting?

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-29-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM

There was a Blue Gen 8 going around the KW/Cambridge region, they were teaching the sales staff and such. I only got small glimpse of it while picking up parts at Waterloo Nissan
Old 04-30-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by george__
There was a Blue Gen 8 going around the KW/Cambridge region, they were teaching the sales staff and such. I only got small glimpse of it while picking up parts at Waterloo Nissan
Good eyes, george. Was it the 'Deep Blue Pearl' (color code RAY), which is a bright 'electric' blue, or the 'Storm Blue' (color code RBD), which is a conservative and less noticable bluish gray? We see the Deep Blue Pearl in a few of the Nissan online photos, but I haven't seen a photo of the Storm Blue yet (except on the Nissan 'build' site). The Storm Blue is #4 on my color list (behind Silver, White and Gun Metallic).
Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM

It looked like the Nissan photo one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Come see the redesigned 2016 Maxima 4/20