8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Recall Anounced

Old 08-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

So does anyone know if Nissian is shipping newer cars to dealers or have they stopped shipping altogether?

Reason I ask is that here in NJ, none of the three dealerships near me have taken receipt of any new maximas since the received the first communication of the stop sale over two weeks ago.

The car I want is on hold (storm blue, platinum) for me but is affected by recall

So if this is really going. To be weeks before they can sell me that car, I am hoping that they would be getting newer cars from Nissian in the meantime. But it doesn't appear to be the case as this one dealership has not seen a new maxima for weeks. And the generally get delivers once a week, as they are a rather large volume dealership (or so they tell me)

Thanks
Old 08-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Of course you are correct. In fact, I have appreciated your posts here, and have never once found an error in a post you made. Actually, I have come to think you may be associated with either Nissan or an automotive endeavor of some sort.
Nope, just a car junky.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ronalds
So does anyone know if Nissian is shipping newer cars to dealers or have they stopped shipping altogether?

Reason I ask is that here in NJ, none of the three dealerships near me have taken receipt of any new maximas since the received the first communication of the stop sale over two weeks ago.

The car I want is on hold (storm blue, platinum) for me but is affected by recall

So if this is really going. To be weeks before they can sell me that car, I am hoping that they would be getting newer cars from Nissian in the meantime. But it doesn't appear to be the case as this one dealership has not seen a new maxima for weeks. And the generally get delivers once a week, as they are a rather large volume dealership (or so they tell me)

Thanks
I think that is just coincidence. Also why would they keep adding inventory at the same rate when they have 30 cars sitting on the lot for a month.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
I think that is just coincidence. Also why would they keep adding inventory at the same rate when they have 30 cars sitting on the lot for a month.
True. The assembly line has not stopped. All cars assembled after a certain date are fine, and are being shipped to dealers.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just heard from my dealer - they said two more weeks before my car (on hold with deposit) is ready and stop sale lifted.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by constanthawk
Just heard from my dealer - they said two more weeks before my car (on hold with deposit) is ready and stop sale lifted.
That is not too bad a delay for this type problem. The new, improved fuel sending units must be made available to the dealers. The unit fits at the bottom of the fuel tank, so the fuel will probably need to be removed, then the old sending unit removed and the new sending unit installed, then refill the tank, check for leaks, test-drive the car to be sure the new sending unit is working, then make a final check for leaks.

The two time-consuming steps are, of course, getting the new sending units to the dealer, and the dealer fitting all the affected Maximas into his work schedule.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Right - I just hope it's not the dealer blowing smoke up my *** in order to get me to paper the car right away. Ive asked them for some assurance that if I paper it, it will actually be available for pickup in 2 weeks. Dont want to be paying for a car I cant take delivery of.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:27 PM

Right - I just hope it's not the dealer blowing smoke up my *** in order to get me to paper the car right away. Ive asked them for some assurance that if I paper it, it will actually be available for pickup in 2 weeks. Dont want to be paying for a car I cant take delivery of.
Can't say I blame you on this. Dealers really want to be known as honest and correct, and most try. But they are often in a position (such as this) where they really have no way to be sure of anything, in which case, some have been known to blow a tad of smoke from their poop deck.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bummer checked then VIN and mine is on the list.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
the 8th gen I envisioned it different more like this! but if we could have our dreams answered rwd 330hp that would be a miracle!
RWD 330hp = Q50.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:11 PM

Edmunds released an article today detailing the recall (at least as much info as Nissan has released). The article made it sound like it was going to be two more weeks before Nissan releases a fix to the dealerships. Not good news for those of us whose Maximas are being held hostage by the dealerships.

Here's the link: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...fire-risk.html
Old 08-15-2015, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by doctorpullit
Edmunds released an article today detailing the recall (at least as much info as Nissan has released). The article made it sound like it was going to be two more weeks before Nissan releases a fix to the dealerships. Not good news for those of us whose Maximas are being held hostage by the dealerships.

Here's the link: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...fire-risk.html

Thanks for the link . But the issue is not a problem:

He added, "The car is safe to drive". Of course, its only safe to drive until you get into a crash and you and your family blow up in a ball of fire, then, its not as safe . Reminds me of the Challenger disaster and the continuous O-ring issues.

Last edited by WasDmater; 08-15-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:35 PM

I also called the Dealership takked with Both the Service Manager and General Manager....they also said no big deal as they would notify me when the part came in......currently have 3,000 miles and am going to need service shortly so hope these parts show up soon I purchased the car 6/11/15 and still have not heard anything from Nissan? PS Dealership told me they are selling everone that they get so they seem to be oblivious to the whole issue.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:43 PM

huggle muggle

Originally Posted by wyobbagy
I also called the Dealership takked with Both the Service Manager and General Manager....they also said no big deal as they would notify me when the part came in......currently have 3,000 miles and am going to need service shortly so hope these parts show up soon I purchased the car 6/11/15 and still have not heard anything from Nissan? PS Dealership told me they are selling everone that they get so they seem to be oblivious to the whole issue.
That's interesting. I went in July 18th to buy a Coulis Red SR they had on the floor and the manager came over and said we could draw up the paperwork and it would technically be sold to me, but that Nissan had just issued the stop sale so they couldn't let me take it. So, if it's two more weeks until "the fix" is released, that will make six weeks that my car has been held hostage. Nissan was quick to issue the stop sale, but issuing the fix is a different story. I'm no mechanic, but if it's an O-ring issue at the tank, I would think that would be a relatively easy fix.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by doctorpullit
That's interesting. I went in July 18th to buy a Coulis Red SR they had on the floor and the manager came over and said we could draw up the paperwork and it would technically be sold to me, but that Nissan had just issued the stop sale so they couldn't let me take it. So, if it's two more weeks until "the fix" is released, that will make six weeks that my car has been held hostage. Nissan was quick to issue the stop sale, but issuing the fix is a different story. I'm no mechanic, but if it's an O-ring issue at the tank, I would think that would be a relatively easy fix.
Since this is a safety recall, I would think the government would require a certain amount of testing in order to confirm to government agencies that the fix corrects the safety problem. We sometimes forget that any redesigned vehicle (new generation) is required to go through rather involved government safety testing before the manufacturer is allowed to sell them in the U.S. Same regulations may apply to fixes to safety issues.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:54 PM

lol fireball explosion
Old 08-20-2015, 10:41 AM

For those of you affected by the recall and who have had your car held hostage as mine was, I received word from my dealership today that they had received the parts to implement the fix. I would assume that all of the dealerships would either have the parts today or will be getting them very soon. I just wanted to provide a heads up for everyone and pass along the good news.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:28 PM

I wish there is more information about the recall. I couldn't find more information from Google search. From the internet, there is no fix yet. From the dealership, they are waiting for instructions from Nissan on what to do next. A lot of cars get recalled for various reasons, some worse than this. Last Thursday, I got a text from the dealer that a fix is less than a week away. But when exactly can they release the car? No answer...
Old 08-25-2015, 06:16 AM

I talked to my dealer on Friday. The service manager told me the parts for the gas tank recall are ready to ship. They involve a new gas tank. He said they are automatically being sent to dealers for all undelivered cars, but for cars that are out on the road, like mine, the dealers have to put in an order for the parts.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:53 PM

Thanks Max8. I am just a kid with a shiny new toy, but is told that i can only look at it and can't open the box. So it's frustrating. Lol
Old 08-26-2015, 01:56 AM

This doesn't affect me yet (I'm ordering my car from the factory as soon as my Internet Manager agrees to my offer), but a friend at my dealership said the parts are now arriving to fix the gas tank problem that has been the major holdup. Shouldn't be long now.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

So my dealership just called, and told me that the parts arrived today and they will be able to get it installed quickly. I should be able to purchase the car on Saturday (fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon).

So I am about a day away from closing on a Storm Blue Platinum with charcoal interior!!!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ronalds
So my dealership just called, and told me that the parts arrived today and they will be able to get it installed quickly. I should be able to purchase the car on Saturday (fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon).

So I am about a day away from closing on a Storm Blue Platinum with charcoal interior!!!
My wife and I both like the Storm Blue. Low profile, but very classy. Looks like it belongs at the Country Club.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 PM

I got word from the dealership that my Maxima is ready for pick up tomorrow. I am excited. I'm picking my ride after work..
Old 08-28-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gildarts
I got word from the dealership that my Maxima is ready for pick up tomorrow. I am excited. I'm picking my ride after work..
Isn't this sort of a 'high point in life?' I always have this wonderful feeling while driving a new Maxima home. I have been doing this with the first model year Maxima of each new generation since getting my 1985 in October 1984. And it was the same feeling with Nissan Datsuns before that. It never grows old. In fact, I seem to be more excited with each new generation Maxima. Things like this really make life worth living.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:06 PM

2016 Nissan Maxima Crash Test

The last few seconds are of particular note!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:24 PM

Very impressive. I feel safer driving it now.

But, a lesson to be learned. If you're in a crash, whether you tip on the side or not: GET OUT OF THE CAR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:49 PM

I just wanna know if a good deal can be made for the tires...
Old 08-28-2015, 09:42 PM

Finally, it's nicely tucked in my garage. I didn't check the length but it's longer than my wife's 2010 Highlander.
Attached Thumbnails Recall Anounced-20150828_211130.jpg  

Last edited by Gildarts; 08-28-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Isn't this sort of a 'high point in life?' I always have this wonderful feeling while driving a new Maxima home. I have been doing this with the first model year Maxima of each new generation since getting my 1985 in October 1984. And it was the same feeling with Nissan Datsuns before that. It never grows old. In fact, I seem to be more excited with each new generation Maxima. Things like this really make life worth living.
Thank you. That's exactly how I feel now.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gildarts
Finally, it's nicely tucked in my garage. I didn't check the length but it's longer than my wife's 2010 Highlander.
When I first saw those tail lights in the Super Bowl ad, I was a little disappointed. But they have gradually grown on me, and now I think they are not bad. The lights up front certainly make up for any shortcomings in the rear. The front lights sort of resemble an angry monster coming to eat up anything in front of it.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:10 AM

I'd like to see the small front overlap or whatever it's called. That's the one that really shows a car's strength.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by stodge
I'd like to see the small front overlap or whatever it's called. That's the one that really shows a car's strength.
I have yet to decide how to take a pic that conveys how I love the new ride. Lol
Old 09-09-2015, 04:00 PM

I finally got the recall taken care of. Eleven weeks after I bought the car. It involved the following parts:
Tank Assy - Fuel
Packing-Fuel Gauge
Gasket-Exhaust
Gasket-Exhaust

The labor was over $800 (which included installing my Rocker Panel Moldings), but paid by Nissan, of course. It took them 4-1/2 hours to do and it came with a full tank of gas. They gave me a 2015 Murano as a loaner, which was several steps down from the Maxima.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:14 PM

Just an FYI from Phila PA I took my Max in for the 5000 mile service the manager said did I know there was a recall on the fuel sending unit....I said yes he said sorry they dont have the part. I asked if this was something I should be concerned about? He said once I get an offical recall notice from Nissan contact them and they will try to set something up but not to be too concerned!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the info my wife has a new platinum
Old 10-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just got my recall notice in the mail. I already knew it was coming and had called the dealer who never called me back. The notice says the fix should take an hour but the dealer may need the car longer. So I am guessing dealers must have the part now.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My car was recalled while being delivered

Originally Posted by jc53
The car that I have been negotiating to buy is on the list! I wonder if I can use that info to get the price down further?
My car was pulled while I was waiting for it to be delivered. The dealership found another vehicle for me within a day or so. The new car also had the factory painted rear fin with light and illuminated MAXIMA on driver and pass running boards at no additional charge.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got mine done the other day in about 90 mins. Brought it in under 1/4 tank and got it back full :-D
Old 10-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Expanded recall!

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/ni...o-59000-sedans

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall Anounced