8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

After market license plate frames - matte black or chrome?

Old 01-16-2017, 02:47 PM

After market license plate frames - matte black or chrome?

I'm going to buy some after market license plate frames for my silver 2016 SL.

Living in NJ, I'm stuck with its ugly yellow background with black print plates - nothing I can do about them - and want to improve upon the standard plastic with dealer's name frames.

I'm considering matte black for the front (which will disappear against the black grill and not distract from the car's stock chrome trim) and chrome for the back (which will match the rear trim and not add black to a section of the car where there is none).

What have you done with your frames?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by edoz
i'm going to buy some after market license plate frames for my silver 2016 sl.

Living in nj, i'm stuck with its ugly yellow background with black print plates - nothing i can do about them - and want to improve upon the standard plastic with dealer's name frames.

I'm considering matte black for the front (which will disappear against the black grill and not distract from the car's stock chrome trim) and chrome for the back (which will match the rear trim and not add black to a section of the car where there is none).

What have you done with your frames?
i will go for black...
Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Post pics of your front, side and back end. Then, I can offer my opinion. W/o pics, I'd say black front and back.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:00 PM

I have the Coulis red. Used chrome bracket in the rear to go with the rear chrome accent piece and in front, well, I just attached the plate to the back of the lower grill. Undid about 5 small bolts on the front of the lower engine splash guard and slipped the plate up in there. It is visible and is not stuck on the bumper. I'm thinking of installing a 12v LED in that lower section anyway and it should help illuminate the plate in a cool way without looking so stuck on-ish.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

License frame

Check out "WeatherTech" web site for frames. They offer some nice one!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:35 PM

I bought a very attractive and well made pair of frames from Christiensen & Nielsen Trading Co. They come in matte black & polished stainless steel with two or four mounting holes. I got the four hole, matte black for my Silver SL.

Although the SL has only two mounting holes, the two bottom ones on the frame allowed me to bolt the plate to the frame and then cover those bolt heads with the provided black caps. Now the bottom plates holes are not visible.

One really nice value-added aspect is that the plate comes with a plastic folder with 18 pockets for all kinds of fasteners which saved me a lot of time and extra money going to stores and tracking down the hardware I would have needed.

Notice I said "plate:" singular. You must order two pieces to get a set.

The C&N frames are more expensive than other off-the-shelf brands, however I wanted ones that were well made and would hold up over time. They come with a lifetime guarantee.

Plus, Dave and Sharon were very helpful and answered all of my questions pre-purchase. Can't beat that!

Order here for four hole matte black:
Amazon Amazon

Here for four holes polished stainless steel:
Amazon Amazon

Search this Thread