8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Text Messaging Oddity

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Text Messaging Oddity

Hi All,

2016 platinum and up until now, any unread text messages on my galaxy S7 will show up on the display in the max as unread and to clear the indicator i will have to read in the max and the number of unread will drop to zero. Also any text messages received while in the car show as unread until i read them. Pretty standard stuff.

Now, for some reason, all messages from the phone are showing as unread. In other words, if i receive 50 text messages that i have already read and responded to on the phone, they will all show up in the car as unread.

I'm using the google messages app and am guessing it may have something to do with the latest version of the app or something.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-28-2017, 10:21 AM

Same issue, same version/Year Maxima. I just got me a Kyocera E6830 Duraforce Pro Android phone but I'm not using the Google Messenger - just the Messenger App that came with the phone. My carrier is Sprint. When I get in my car, all text messages that i've already Read show up as Unread, and I have to scroll and open each one to clean up the notification. My previous phone, a Kyocera E6715 XT Pro did not have that issue. I upgraded my phone and now I'm having this issue. Googled the issue but found no answers online, none in the phone's help topics at Sprint.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ugh, hopefully someone will find a solution, ive gone over all the settings on the phone and in the car but haven't found a solution yet.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

found this thread

https://productforums.google.com/for...le/_abjcuavywo

after all the reading and testing, what appears for me as a fix was to remove google messenger and start using textra. now only unread and new messages show in the car as unread. anything read on the phone no longer appears in the car as unread.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 PM

I find it annoying that the car wants to read who the text is from and if its to multiple people it will read all of their names... then it will read the date and time.. ...just read the message...
Old 03-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Looks like the Textra Messenger works just fine. I have not had any issues receiving new messages when driving, or any issues with older messages that I've read showing up in the Maxima as unread. Good work and thanks Steve121465