8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Foward Emergency Braking(FEB) & Slip indicator lights ON

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Foward Emergency Braking(FEB) & Slip indicator lights ON

Both of these lights recently came on while I was stopped at a red light. It wasn't raining and the car was not moving. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reset them?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:19 PM

If both of those lights are on then the systems are malfunctioning. A reset will not make the problem go away. You are under warranty, letting the dealership figure it out would be the smart move.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 AM

The first thing I would check is the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir. Nissan uses a combo of seemingly unrelated warning lights on braking functions to show low brake fluid level.

Some slight dropping of brake fluid level may be expected as the brake pads gradually wear, necessitating that the fluid push the pads further in order to reach the rotors. But if, after bringing the fluid level up to the full mark, you get this combo of warning lights again within the next year or so, you have a brake fluid leak, and this must be fixed. Should be under warranty.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-16-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the advice. On my way home this morning i noticed my brake lights were also not working. Decided to check my fuses and sure enough the fuse was blown. I changed out my stop light bulbs to LED ones about a weeks ago so that was probably the issue. Warning lights are now cleared.