8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

High quality aftermarket HID in 8th gen halogen projector

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 11:52 AM

High quality aftermarket HID in 8th gen halogen projector

Been thinking about retrofitting the SL halogen lamp to accommodate HID. That being said, what is everyone's experience with HID in the original halogen projector using a quality conversion kit (Morimoto, Diode Dynamics, Vanquish, etc.)? Looking for real measurements, or whether there is a true hot spot that shows good visibility far afield, and not just really bright in front of the vehicle. Or maybe this just isn't possible with a lamp designed for halogen bulbs. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:25 AM

I been using Enlight HIDs 6000k No Blue tint, let me tell you they look amazing. The road gets really nice an white, of course in places where is really dark at night. But al far the lights are amazing to me. I think unless anyone has tried all of them they would be able to tell you how each of em work. If you want pics, I can post a few from enlight.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Got Retrofit?

I can set you up with a quality Morimoto HID kit if needed. They won't be as good as a properly designed HID set up but will be on par or better than the factory LED option.

There will be a solid hot spot larger than stock. You don't have to worry about that.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Anthony Feliu
I been using Enlight HIDs 6000k No Blue tint, let me tell you they look amazing. The road gets really nice an white, of course in places where is really dark at night. But al far the lights are amazing to me. I think unless anyone has tried all of them they would be able to tell you how each of em work. If you want pics, I can post a few from enlight.
Thanks. Pics of the road would be nice.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:00 PM

At night

Originally Posted by calabs
Thanks. Pics of the road would be nice.

In the streets with lights
Really dark place no lights on the road
Dark place middle of city island
Low and high halogen bulbs on
All enlight except high beams
Old 07-12-2017, 07:03 PM

TBH they are really good. Im happy i spent 300 bucks on my lights my car looks great. Next will be led reverse and plates.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:44 PM

In the streets with lights
Really dark place no lights on the road
Dark place middle of city island
Low and high halogen bulbs on
All enlight except high beams
Thanks for the pics. Did you do the installation in the same manner as the video Enlight put on YouTube?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:58 PM

Looks like way too much foreground light with those
Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by CNTRT
Looks like way too much foreground light with those
i was going up hill down hill they are the only places dark enough in NYC to take a pic... as you can see i couldnt stop i had to keep moving.. never know a guy come out of nowhere get out. Lol . So i was going about 20mph taking pics. I will do a video i think it will be better but give me a week and ill do it. This sunday, i could do it. This week i have a ton of **** to do.

Last edited by Anthony Feliu; 07-17-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:24 AM

No way lol

Originally Posted by calabs
Thanks for the pics. Did you do the installation in the same manner as the video Enlight put on YouTube?
i did it my own way... didnt removed the tires. I can show you, where i mounted my Ballast. But no enlight video was long as **** didn't follow his way. To be honest, who ever designed the Maxima is gay as ****. So hard to change a simple light bulb 💡 it took me about 1 hour myself to do it. I had never swapped jack **** ever. They only thing is the passanger fog light, you have to inserted thru the bottom because thru the tire is being blocked by the windshield washer container. But the fogs are the easiest did it with one hand without looking just look for the hole lol 😂 but is not hard. The ballast and hid take time i found a nice oneway street and just did it. The sun was cooking my back and the car's engine was hot as ****. But i did it.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:31 AM

Calabs, i order the reverse, license plate, turn signal front and back and break light LED. Some from enlight the other from Diodo dynamics
Old 07-17-2017, 06:34 AM

i was going up hill down hill they are the only places dark enough in NYC to take a pic... as you can see i couldnt stop i had to keep moving.. never know a guy come out of nowhere get out. Lol . So i was going about 20mph taking pics. I will do a video i think it will be better but give me a week and ill do it. This sunday, i could do it. This week i have a ton of **** to do.
https://youtu.be/icbS7iEdb8k

i did a video few months back. Sorry i was in a hurry.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 AM

i did it my own way... didnt removed the tires. I can show you, where i mounted my Ballast. But no enlight video was long as **** didn't follow his way. To be honest, who ever designed the Maxima is gay as ****. So hard to change a simple light bulb 💡 it took me about 1 hour myself to do it. I had never swapped jack **** ever. They only thing is the passanger fog light, you have to inserted thru the bottom because thru the tire is being blocked by the windshield washer container. But the fogs are the easiest did it with one hand without looking just look for the hole lol 😂 but is not hard. The ballast and hid take time i found a nice oneway street and just did it. The sun was cooking my back and the car's engine was hot as ****. But i did it.

Thanks for the info. I've already replaced my fogs and put in a pair of 2strokes for the low beams, so I'm familiar with how to get to the bulbs. I'm thinking about doing HID for the lows, and potentially move the 2strokes to the high beam position. I've also replaced my reverse, door, footwell and license plate bulbs all with LED.

Yeah, there's not a lot of room under the hood for sure, but I've mapped out a better plan for installing the ballasts and the relay harness that is much better than the Enlight video, particularly on the battery side.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think to get retrofit headlights done is better than halogen and led bulb. From what i have read, bixenon hid retrofit custom headlights give you a better light output and they focus the light on the road., i am looking at these ones here , almost deciding to buy them just wondering about if get them in all black , matte black.
Attached Thumbnails High quality aftermarket HID in 8th gen halogen projector-screen-shot-2017-07-18-5.49.30-pm.png   High quality aftermarket HID in 8th gen halogen projector-screen-shot-2017-07-18-5.49.17-pm.png