Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Apple confirmed they are working on Apple Car Play issue (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/699489-apple-confirmed-they-working-apple-car-play-issue.html)

Bnaji 10-07-2017 05:17 PM

Apple confirmed they are working on Apple Car Play issue

if anyone noticed a problem with Apple car play not working right or failing to start after updating their iPhones a few weeks ago, this has just been confirmed with Apple. They are aware and working on the issue. Just spoke to customer support because I noticed it was taking a lot longer to start and would give me an error saying”Apple CarPlay failed to start.”

barrenroster 10-10-2017 06:56 AM

Thanks. I also keep getting failed to start message. Maybe it will also fix the problem of the phone not charging while plugged into the car's usb port (despite having no problems with that before the update).

NisCal17 10-11-2017 11:32 AM

Yep, mine does not work. It worked one time after iOS 11 update but now it’s just saying Starting apple car play....

Exia 10-14-2017 11:53 PM

Mine doesn't work either.
Oh wait! I have a 2016 Maxima... D:

paliforever 10-15-2017 05:55 PM

Glad to hear they're working on it. Thanks for the update OP!

NisCal17 10-19-2017 12:33 PM

IOS 11.0.3 came out a few days ago and it didn’t fix Apple CarPlay.

0107robin 10-27-2017 04:07 PM

Mine crashed today, and now it is not charging. Glad you guys are facing this issue too and not only me... I already called the dealer to set up an appointment for Monday. I hope they fix it asap.

HeightsBound 11-01-2017 05:47 AM

I assumed the CarPlay issues were an iOS update issue. But my phone does not hold a charge/charges in that same port despite the charging indicator being visible. It holds and charges perfectly in the second port, and always perfectly in my wife’s Rouge.

Do you guys think my CarPlay port is damaged?

EDIT: After a very heated back and forth this morning with a condescending Nissan tech regarding my charging concerns, another tech looked at it. He diagnosed the problem, and is ordering a new part for replacement. So I do believe the CarPlay issue is related to the iOS update, but good to know I was right regarding the port not charging my phone.

CAR: 2017 Nissan Maxima SR

kendall89 11-01-2017 09:10 AM

ios 11 issues

I've noted that CarPlay fails to start 50%+ of the time, also that amazon music now doesn't show the now playing info.
glad to hear Apple's aware I feel the all of Carplay is their baby.

Also I waited to install ios11 till two days ago, I'm wishing I waited longer

LuchiaLu 11-01-2017 02:27 PM

IOS 11.1 came out yesterday. It should fix this concern

barrenroster 11-01-2017 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by LuchiaLu (Post 9161333)
IOS 11.1 came out yesterday. It should fix this concern

For me, i think it did. No problems with carplay starting now, and I *think* that the phone actually charges again. Not positive on the latter, as I haven't driven far to really tell.

Bnaji 11-01-2017 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by barrenroster (Post 9161345)
For me, i think it did. No problems with carplay starting now, and I *think* that the phone actually charges again. Not positive on the latter, as I haven't driven far to really tell.

Thanks for letting me know theres another update! I have been meaning to call Apple again about this issue since the last update didn't fix it. I am going to keep an eye out on the charging, because I have felt like my phone hasn't been charging well either! Hope the fixes it for once and for all!