8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Vents on the hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Vents on the hood

Anybody know any custom hoods with vents for the 2016 Maxima? Or better yet how much it would cost to add functioning vents to the Maxima hood? I read that engines with CVTs usually run warmer than most other engines with conventional transmissions. These past few months I've added a stillen intake, axleback exhaust and a motordyne y-pipe. I was thinking that adding functioning vents to the hood would alleviate the engine of some of the heat. Would this be a good idea?

*also if anyone has a max with vents on the hood and would like to share some pics that would be great too!
thanks!

Last edited by rablaze93; 02-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:05 PM

First time I ever heard of this, engines coupled with cvt's run warmer than other engine/tranny combo's. Mind posting a link. If this is true, and I highly doubt it, than I would believe Nissan engineering would have modified the engine compartment to take care of it prior to production if a few extra degrees of warmth was a concern.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Richard66
First time I ever heard of this, engines coupled with cvt's run warmer than other engine/tranny combo's. Mind posting a link. If this is true, and I highly doubt it, than I would believe Nissan engineering would have modified the engine compartment to take care of it prior to production if a few extra degrees of warmth was a concern.
But what if I want to increase the performance of the engine? If I was to get a tune in the future wouldn't the engine run hotter? So far I have a stillen intake, axleback exhaust and motordyne ypipe. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to cars but I've been trying to learn as much as I figured one of the best ways would be to ask as many questions as I can. Also on a side note, I do love the aesthetic look of hood vents on a car. It's something I always thought looked awesome.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by rablaze93
But what if I want to increase the performance of the engine? If I was to get a tune in the future wouldn't the engine run hotter? So far I have a stillen intake, axleback exhaust and motordyne ypipe. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to cars but I've been trying to learn as much as I figured one of the best ways would be to ask as many questions as I can. Also on a side note, I do love the aesthetic look of hood vents on a car. It's something I always thought looked awesome.
Forget venting the hood. Engine heat flows rearward and and Nissan already extracts that under the car. As for a tune causing your engine to run hotter, well engines run more efficiently when hotter, to a point. Also, your radiator and thermostat are designed to even out your engine temps. Watch your water temp gauge, left bottom of your instru. panel. If it seem to move significantly further to the right after your hot TUNE (which I doubt you will find for the Max), and it gets too hot your radiator overflow will blow. Doubt you will be able to mod your engine enough to do that so DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:47 PM

I think vents would look cool, but I figured it might be not fit quite right because of the raised bump in the center of the hood (which I think looks pretty cool too)
Old 02-06-2018, 07:29 AM

If you really want them you could get any hood vents off eBay and have them professionally installed.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:07 AM

I think they would look super dope aesthetically. Maybe two on the top closer to the windshield and one on each fendor.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Somebody asked this same question in a Facebook group! lol!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by drakutis
Somebody asked this same question in a Facebook group! lol!
I'll NEVER join Facebook, and if you knew how much information they gather on you , you might think twice about it

Lots of sites gather some information on its users, but Facebook takes it to a ridiculous level. Don't believe me, read this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/faceb...rokers-2016-12

At least with small sites like Maxima.org, they may show me some ads and perhaps even share my email address, but at least I don't have to worry about them trying to record my whole life
Old 02-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fishlet
I'll NEVER join Facebook, and if you knew how much information they gather on you , you might think twice about it

Lots of sites gather some information on its users, but Facebook takes it to a ridiculous level. Don't believe me, read this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/faceb...rokers-2016-12

At least with small sites like Maxima.org, they may show me some ads and perhaps even share my email address, but at least I don't have to worry about them trying to record my whole life
Facebook is the scourge of the internet. Never ever put anything on FB you don't want known to the world. My IT guy hacked into his buddys private section (with his approval) just to show the ease of defeating their "security"
Old 02-08-2018, 03:17 PM

there was a 7th gen with gtr vents on the hood and it looked great in my opinion.