8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Brian Crower Stage 2 and Stage 3 Camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:49 PM

Brian Crower Stage 2 and Stage 3 Camshaft

Hey Guys,

I was on carid.com looking for ways to improve the performance, hp, and whp of my 2016 maxima and I came across these camshafts. Can someone explain to me how camshafts work, if these are actually applicable to the 2016 maxima, what performance gains should I expect, fuel efficiency, noise level increase/decrease, and last but not least if it would be good for the engine or not. So far I have the stillen cold air intake and an stillen axleback exhaust, so i'm wondering if having those already installed would aid into installing the camshafts.

https://www.carid.com/brian-crower/c...4&url=80635560

https://www.carid.com/brian-crower/c...3&url=80635560

thanks!
Rich
Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 PM

Do you even know where a cam shaft goes?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by rablaze93
Hey Guys,

I was on carid.com looking for ways to improve the performance, hp, and whp of my 2016 maxima and I came across these camshafts. Can someone explain to me how camshafts work, if these are actually applicable to the 2016 maxima, what performance gains should I expect, fuel efficiency, noise level increase/decrease, and last but not least if it would be good for the engine or not. So far I have the stillen cold air intake and an stillen axleback exhaust, so i'm wondering if having those already installed would aid into installing the camshafts.

thanks!
Rich
GOOGLE is your friend my friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camshaft

Next week we will have a discussion on The Theological Implications of the Mayan Calendar, including the 260-day count, which is known to scholars as the Tzolkin, or Tzolk'in. The Tzolkin was combined with a 365-day vague solar year known as the Haab' to form a synchronized cycle lasting for 52 Haab', called the Calendar Round.

Once you get camshafts and calendars mastered, everything else in life is simple.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:29 AM

Do you serious want to rip apart the engine of an almost new car for that?

its good to know replacement parts are available, but I doubt this part would make a noticeable difference. If you were after raw power, perhaps you should have gone with the Z instead.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fishlet
Do you serious want to rip apart the engine of an almost new car for that?

its good to know replacement parts are available, but I doubt this part would make a noticeable difference. If you were after raw power, perhaps you should have gone with the Z instead.
I love the body, style, and size of the car its also good for family. Its the best I could get in terms of speed, size, and fuel efficiency all in one with my current budget. I'm also an avid Nissan fan. I would've loved to get the Z if I lived alone. I saw some youtube videos of people who modded their cvts with different things like turbos, tunes, exhausts, intakes but everyone here is telling me otherwise so I'm just a bit confused. I wanna take my car to its optimal level in terms of performance but if its already at that level then I guess theres nothing to be done.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:13 AM

Hello, first you need to do cams and valve springs is about $2000 kit from jim wolf . But the bad news are you cant!!do that because it needs to be TUNE witch is not available for right now.so you will looking about 3000 before install remember we have a 3.5 DE not a HE like the 350z , gain will be not much.

Last edited by A36-SR; 10-22-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by A36-SR
Hello, first you need to do cams and valve springs is about $2000 kit from jim wolf . But the bad news are you cant!!do that because it needs to be TUNE witch is not available for right now.so you will looking about 3000 before install remember we have a 3.5 DE not a HE like the 350z , gain will be not much.
These are an honest, truly and reliable reasons not to carry out that replacement...
Old 10-22-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by A36-SR

Whats a DE and whats an HE? And I've read on another thread on here that someone is working on a tune by january of next year so can't wait for that. I wonder what the gains will be like. I'm not really what my current HP is with the stillen intake and exhaust but i asked a stillen support agent and he said I'd be pulling around 330hp which isn't too bad I suppose.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by rablaze93
Whats a DE and whats an HE? And I've read on another thread on here that someone is working on a tune by january of next year so can't wait for that. I wonder what the gains will be like. I'm not really what my current HP is with the stillen intake and exhaust but i asked a stillen support agent and he said I'd be pulling around 330hp which isn't too bad I suppose.
It's the engine family. Maxima and other front drive V6 Nissans have versions of the VQ35-DE engine. I've not seen an "HE" designation, but I assume it's referring to the rear drive application of the VQ engine.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:32 PM

couldn’t find “he,” just “hr” designation.

link of a good read..
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...omparison.html

not for maxima, still a de vs hr.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:39 PM

Absolutely no use for a Upgraded cam in Maxima.

I own corvette and did my cam and much more. And each mod needs a tune also. But the Vette trans can handle plenty of power.
The maxima Cvt can not ! And it's not even worth it. About the only thing I would ever do to the maixima is Cai and exhaust. Nothing else. If u wanted to mod your engine, you should of purchased a car capable of power and benifits from it.
my 09 Maxima is my daily driver. No engine mods. Soon to upgrade to a 17 Maxima
My 13 Grand Sport Corvette is highly modded.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:37 AM

If you want more power, buy a different vehicle.