8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Any Good Tuning Shops for the vq35de ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any Good Tuning Shops for the vq35de ?

Looking to get some work done to my car wondering if anyone knows any good Nissan tuners. I have a 16’ maxima. Need a good shop in the NY area please help me out !
Need somewhere who’s capable of working on the motor and also I need a custom tune. Cars got exhaust and intake. I wanna put cams in. Need a good shop !!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:14 AM

I can sure appreciate your enthusiasm in getting your Maxima to run faster. My comment to you is that you might not be happy if you overtax the CVT. I think it will not stand that type of stress over the long term nor would your warranty cover it.

PS the 3.5 does a very respectable job especially if you have worked over the intake and exhaust systems
Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I hear ya. I still need somewhere to tune it because with the intake and exhaust i feel like it’s not getting the full potential plus it’s burnig more gas

Originally Posted by robtroxel
I can sure appreciate your enthusiasm in getting your Maxima to run faster. My comment to you is that you might not be happy if you overtax the CVT. I think it will not stand that type of stress over the long term nor would your warranty cover it.

PS the 3.5 does a very respectable job especially if you have worked over the intake and exhaust systems
Old 12-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Real Auto Dynamics in Hempstead... Tell them Matt with the grey 2017 Maxima with the steering issue sent you...

they do all kinds of tunes and work on G's, and 350/370z's... Also GTR's and everything else. They have a dyno there too
Old 12-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow man thanks a lot. Got any work done to your car ?
Originally Posted by CNTRT
Real Auto Dynamics in Hempstead... Tell them Matt with the grey 2017 Maxima with the steering issue sent you...

they do all kinds of tunes and work on G's, and 350/370z's... Also GTR's and everything else. They have a dyno there too
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ModMax
Wow man thanks a lot. Got any work done to your car ?
just an alignment... But check them out on FB, they post a lot of pics of the cars they work on... They also have a website
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cool man, I appreciate it
Originally Posted by CNTRT
just an alignment... But check them out on FB, they post a lot of pics of the cars they work on... They also have a website
Old 12-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Sorry there is no tune available for 8 gen max so far.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 AM

no one can tune the 8th gen max. If you wanted a tuner car you picked the wrong platform.

If you want to lose 5-10hp Stillen will sell you a piece of **** warm air intake. Then if you want to gain back 5hp you can try finding a Y-pipe.... but not the one from racing line, they went out of business... there is another one that costs like $400 from some other company... theirs has a j-pipe in it.

Outside of that there are a few axle backs which are worth no power gains.

Best bet it to just pretend you modded it. K&N drop in and call it a day.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dub jones
no one can tune the 8th gen max. If you wanted a tuner car you picked the wrong platform.

If you want to lose 5-10hp stillen will sell you a piece of **** warm air intake. Then if you want to gain back 5hp you can try finding a y-pipe.... But not the one from racing line, they went out of business... There is another one that costs like $400 from some other company... Theirs has a j-pipe in it.

Outside of that there are a few axle backs which are worth no power gains.

Best bet it to just pretend you modded it. K&n drop in and call it a day.
true! Every word! Get 'em dub! Get em'!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:48 AM

Some true maxima is not to make it a race car, but it can be little faster, all my mods custom i made my y pipe and full catback 2 1/2 pipe back in 2015.i order my sr in 2015 was the first one to have one red and sr in az
Old 12-15-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by A36-SR
Some true maxima is not to make it a race car, but it can be little faster, all my mods custom i made my y pipe and full catback 2 1/2 pipe back in 2015.i order my sr in 2015 was the first one to have one red and sr in az
Did you order an English dictionary and English As A Second Language assistance with the red 2015 SR as well? Your English diction is atrocious! I will wager Fatties Gone Wild has better English diction skills than you...and he lives in a trailer park and wears coveralls, with ketchup stains, and flip flops. And yes, Hablo espanol y hablo frances tambien...before anyone criticizes my criticism.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:23 PM

I'm so happy your criticism did nothing to assist with the actual inquiry of this original post(SARCASM). Next time keep your worthless words to yourself.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZarMaxima
I'm so happy your criticism did nothing to assist with the actual inquiry of this original post(SARCASM). Next time keep your worthless words to yourself.

Hey ZarMaxima...I have called you and made you an appointment with a "Feelings Counselor", since your "Tender Sensibilities" were bruised by my comments. Please wait by your front door for the WAMbulance to come pick you up, stocked full of kleenex, with lotion of course, to dry your "Crocodile Tears."
Old 12-15-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by AG2016
true! Every word! Get 'em dub! Get em'!

I did.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Administrator

AG2016,

You can make your point w/o insulting various members of Maxima.ORG. Please learn to get along w/ everyone.

Thanks. Wiz (Moderator)
Old 12-15-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
AG2016,

You can make your point w/o insulting various members of Maxima.ORG. Please learn to get along w/ everyone.

Thanks. Wiz (Moderator)
Ha! AG2016 got in trouble! Now he knows what it feels like to buy a Stillen Short Ram Hot Air Intake.... confusion.. sadness and a loss of power ....

well time for some cookies!
Old 12-15-2017, 05:36 PM

AG2016,

Thanks. Wiz (Moderator)
Wiz...Understood. Pardon my low tolerance for poor grammar and suspicion that I should perhaps call the Arizona Office of Immigration...some of us do try to obey the laws of this great nation.

And Dub, if this the greatest level of "trouble" I get into, I will laugh and carry on smartly with my day. Enjoy your cookies!
Old 12-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Wiz...Understood. Pardon my low tolerance for poor grammar and suspicion that I should perhaps call the Arizona Office of Immigration...some of us do try to obey the laws of this great nation.

And Dub, if this the greatest level of "trouble" I get into, I will laugh and carry on smartly with my day. Enjoy your cookies!
Bro I will share my cookies if interested. Oreo’s. Christmas edition. Half box left right now. And going fast. Can mail some direct.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Clearly you don't understand given your follow up statement. I too, can't stand poor use of grammar, but I chalk it up to people being extremely lazy and posting from their smartphones and not double checking what they said before they hit submit; not what you're insinuating.

Enjoy a nice 6 month vacation, cause it's hammer time. Next time it will be PermaBan.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Banned

Clearly you don't understand given your follow up statement. I too, can't stand poor use of grammar, but I chalk it up to people being extremely lazy and posting from their smartphones and not double checking what they said before they hit submit; not what you're insinuating.

Enjoy a nice 6 month vacation, cause it's hammer time. Next time it will be PermaBan.
Wiz...so naughty! You have a burr in your ****? Or can you not accept the truth and humor in what AG2016 said? You must be one of those "Left Coast" pansy liberals! Maybe someone should ask to see your "Green Card." And no mention of the accusation made against AG2016 by another member? Favoritism? Hmm, seems like it to me!
Old 12-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MAXBACKAGAIN
Wiz...so naughty! You have a burr in your ****? Or can you not accept the truth and humor in what AG2016 said? You must be one of those "Left Coast" pansy liberals! Maybe someone should ask to see your "Green Card." And no mention of the accusation made against AG2016 by another member? Favoritism? Hmm, seems like it to me!
I have no idea what you're smoking.....

Adios.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MAXBACKAGAIN
Hmnn, lemme see here.. Mr AG2016 is banned and immediately a newbie with a single post comes to his defense. Yeah we know it's easy to sign up a new username... You haven't fooled anyone

Might be time to try out the ignore feature, under the profile settings...