8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Rear Splitters: Ikon vs Stillen

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 PM

Rear Splitters: Ikon vs Stillen

Why is there such a huge price difference between the two splitters for the 8th gen maxima? Which one do you guys think looks better? They seem to be made out of the same quality so I'm having a tough time understanding the price difference, unless its because Stillen just prides itself in being a 'premium' brand. Same goes for their front splitters/diffusers as well.

https://www.stillen.com/catalog/prod...category/1157/

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/for-...ethane-pu.html
Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM

Keep in mind the ikon pieces aren't painted and are just raw material. It's pretty rough around the edges and comes with no mounting hardware or instructions. I have both the ikon diffuser and splitter sitting here until I can get a shop that wants to paint it because it's ugly the way it comes. The quotes have been around 450 to color match my car which is pretty expensive... had I known that I probably would have just went the stillen route to not deal with having to paint it myself since they had that sale last month. Oh well..

edit: as far as fitment, it seemed to line up with no issues but I'm going to get it installed later on in the month, we will see!

here's a picture of the finish, I starting sanding the top of portion of the splitter that goes under the car, im talking about like the starburst on the diffuser and the actual lip itself that is visible
Attached Thumbnails Rear Splitters: Ikon vs Stillen-img-0614.jpg  

Last edited by punkfs; 03-01-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by punkfs
Keep in mind the ikon pieces aren't painted and are just raw material. It's pretty rough around the edges and comes with no mounting hardware or instructions. I have both the ikon diffuser and splitter sitting here until I can get a shop that wants to paint it because it's ugly the way it comes. The quotes have been around 450 to color match my car which is pretty expensive... had I known that I probably would have just went the stillen route to not deal with having to paint it myself since they had that sale last month. Oh well..

edit: as far as fitment, it seemed to line up with no issues but I'm going to get it installed later on in the month, we will see!

here's a picture of the finish, I starting sanding the top of portion of the splitter that goes under the car, im talking about like the starburst on the diffuser and the actual lip itself that is visible
you want to sell the splitter to me? I cant seem to find it anymore. I dont want to buy the stillen as it is too overpriced for what it is.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 AM
Got Retrofit?

Ikon is a cheap replica of Stillen which is why there is a price difference.

They are NOT the same.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 PM

I bought Ikon and Stillen

Before

Before all the chrome parts got blacked out.

Stillen is way better and the ikon the material can be painted but it will loose the paint. It’s trash honestly, I have them both i know stillen is expensive, but its well worth it the quality is just amazing compare to ikon. I did a few mods to my car.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony Feliu
Before

Stillen is way better and the ikon the material can be painted but it will loose the paint. It’s trash honestly, I have them both i know stillen is expensive, but its well worth it the quality is just amazing compare to ikon. I did a few mods to my car.
well see what the body shop says next week, if it’s workable if not I’m not even going to bother and I’ll take the loss

completely agree, wish I didn’t buy them but too late now. I just couldn’t justify the shipping price . Bought everything near the same time.. 250$ toship Stillen exhaust 80$ to ship intake and the lip and diffuser was around 150$ to ship. Oh well, next time
Old 03-07-2018, 04:13 PM

IKon rear diffuser... i had to get it wrap in carbon fiber bcuz the paint was not going to hold. I was told by a shop owner, he then suggested me to wrap it. So i did looks amazing...
STillen will get it today will also going to have it wrap. Carbon fiber. Its costing me an arm and a leg. Shops in nyc are ridiculously pricey for any single little ****.

completely agree, wish I didn’t buy them but too late now. I just couldn’t justify the shipping price . Bought everything near the same time.. 250$ toship Stillen exhaust 80$ to ship intake and the lip and diffuser was around 150$ to ship. Oh well, next time

when the snow storm stops here i will go down clean my car and take pics.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:18 PM

IKon rear diffuser... i had to get it wrap in carbon fiber bcuz the paint was not going to hold. I was told by a shop owner, he then suggested me to wrap it. So i did looks amazing...
STillen will get it today will also going to have it wrap. Carbon fiber. Its costing me an arm and a leg. Shops in nyc are ridiculously pricey for any single little ****.

when the snow storm stops here i will go down clean my car and take pics.
Nice! Did you already install the diffuser ? How did it fit? Did you have to modify anything ?

only shop here had a 2 month wait just to get the parts inspected . Haven’t gotten the chance to talk to anyone yet
Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 PM

Nice! Did you already install the diffuser ? How did it fit? Did you have to modify anything ?

only shop here had a 2 month wait just to get the parts inspected . Haven’t gotten the chance to talk to anyone yet
will have the splitter wrap in carbon fiber, but also will let ya know if it could be painted. But for sure im having it wrap if the ikon rear diffuser fails to keep the wrap for at least 6 months i will replace it with a stillen one. I will have it wrap Saturday and install everything on monday. I will take pics and post them here it should look great. Ikon came with bothing just the diffuser. Will take a pic of stillen later and post it.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:32 PM

the diffuser fitted perfectly i had it tested before wrapping it.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:04 PM

TODay i will install diffuser and splitter

Old 03-17-2018, 01:13 PM

You must be lucky. The front Ikon lip I received looks to fit like total sh*t. So bad I threw it back in the box and won’t give it a second look. A total “you get what you pay for” product. Waste of my time and money.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:47 PM

Return it and get your money back. Smh

Originally Posted by Mikkellucci
You must be lucky. The front Ikon lip I received looks to fit like total sh*t. So bad I threw it back in the box and won’t give it a second look. A total “you get what you pay for” product. Waste of my time and money.

this is how the rear diffuser looks amazing it fit to perfection. I also did the brembo calipers.(RED).... will send pics in a few from the front
Old 03-17-2018, 04:10 PM

Before

Car looks great except you need to unwrap the gas filler door. It looks wrong on an otherwise tasteful job
Old 03-17-2018, 06:26 PM

like tje spoiler where did you get it?
Old 03-17-2018, 07:03 PM

This is the complete job.

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Car looks great except you need to unwrap the gas filler door. It looks wrong on an otherwise tasteful job
Old 03-17-2018, 07:04 PM

Igot it from my dealer

Originally Posted by blackmax14
like tje spoiler where did you get it?

if you go online to nissanusa.com you can go to accessories and add the sport spoiler when in the cart add thos promo code estore2018
Old 03-17-2018, 07:58 PM

Isn't the stillen one raw unpainted matte black ?
Old 03-18-2018, 04:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

this is how the rear diffuser looks amazing it fit to perfection. I also did the brembo calipers.(RED).... will send pics in a few from the front
nice job on the brakes. What’s your set up? Did Brembo have a kit for the Maxima or did you piece it together from other vehicles?
Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 AM

Sigh. Brembo COVERS.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

LOL you fooled me!
Old 03-18-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crisisx1
Isn't the stillen one raw unpainted matte black ?
it's comes either painted matte black or unpainted