8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

FEB/Adaptive Cruise

Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

FEB/Adaptive Cruise

As I am still fairly new to the Maxima world, I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to find a solution to on any other posts. I travel quite a bit and just here recently my FEB light keeps coming on. That doesn't bother me as much as that it kicks off the dang cruise control that I absolutely need with traveling so much. I have cleaned the sensor even though there was nothing in it. Granted the last few times when I've turned the car off and back on the light usually goes out. That was until today on my way home from New York. It came on in perfect weather conditions and automatically shut my cruise off. Is there a way around them working together?! I could care a less about the FEB but I definitely need my cruise!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM

I want to join in with the same issue.

I have a 2016 Maxima Platinum recently drove to New York and about a hour+
into the trip my FEB light came on and of course the Intelligent Cruise Control went off. There was nothing interfering with the sensor, nothing in the road , no other radar systems in the area. After my first rest stop turned the car back on and it cleared only to go out again after some driving. This continued all the way to New York and on return trip. The bad new is there is no way to get the cruise to work with out the FEB working. I haven't brought the car in to Nissan. Knowing full well that if its not failing when you bring it in they won't find anything. Since being home it failed again on a very short 30 mile trip.

What year is your Maxima ?

If your is failing all the time you may want to go have it looked at by nissan service.

I searched the web and haven't seen any other complaints with FEB system.
So we may be the first one's

Randy
Old 06-20-2018, 03:44 PM

I hate technology like this! I'm so happy my 2017 S doesn't have any of that stuff. That nanny crap never works properly, and I do NOT want my car stopping for me, because no matter how "sophisticated" the tech is, it will never beat my instincts.

I rented a 2018 rogue for work about 2 months ago, and I was driving down an empty street, and it was lightly raining outside. The damned car slammed on the brakes for a second out of nowhere.

Even the new Maxima S now has the FEB, and it defaults to "on" every time you start the car, even if you turned it off previously... So because of the fact that every time I get in the car, I'd have toggle through the menu to turn the damned thing off, I won't be getting a new maxima after my lease is up, unless there is a dedicated fuse for FEB that I can pull... Which I don't think there is. Car companies shouldn't be forcing this automated driving crap on us. It should remain an option... Even if it's a free option, since it's built into the price now anyway.

Sorry to hear about your woes. I'd complain to Nissan corporate

Last edited by CNTRT; 06-20-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Randy
I want to join in with the same issue.

I have a 2016 Maxima Platinum recently drove to New York and about a hour+
into the trip my FEB light came on and of course the Intelligent Cruise Control went off. There was nothing interfering with the sensor, nothing in the road , no other radar systems in the area. After my first rest stop turned the car back on and it cleared only to go out again after some driving. This continued all the way to New York and on return trip. The bad new is there is no way to get the cruise to work with out the FEB working. I haven't brought the car in to Nissan. Knowing full well that if its not failing when you bring it in they won't find anything. Since being home it failed again on a very short 30 mile trip.

What year is your Maxima ?

If your is failing all the time you may want to go have it looked at by nissan service.

I searched the web and haven't seen any other complaints with FEB system.
So we may be the first one's

Randy

Mine is a 2017 Platinum. And everything you have said is exactly what I am dealing with. I have googled and researched everywhere I can think of and have found nothing. All I've seen is where people tell you where you can shut it off at. I know how do that but that's not really my issue. If I turn that off I can't use my cruise and I need my cruise!!! I guess I might need to call Nissan. I was just hoping it was something little that I could take care of!!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM

Read this:
https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...ml#post9174984
Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 PM

Thank you for that information. I plan on taking the MAX in and have it checked

Randy
Old 06-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you for that information. I plan on taking the MAX in and have it checked

Randy
I'm going to call tomorrow. Let me know what you find out!!
Old 06-25-2018, 01:34 PM

Hi Trish8574

I have appointment for Tues June 26 at 2:30pm.
Will let you know
Old 06-26-2018, 01:11 PM

Car went in at 2:18pm today and problem corrected returned to me at 3:05pm
There were multiply diagnostic error codes all pointing to sensor steering angle. they recalibrated and road tested , seems to be working.
Time will tell.

Randy
Old 06-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

There were multiply diagnostic error codes all pointing to sensor steering angle. they recalibrated and road tested , seems to be working.
Time will tell.

Randy
That's great to hear!! Fingers crossed!! Please let me know if you have anymore issues. Mine goes in next week.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:33 AM

Time will tell.

Randy
Thanks Randy. Being able to point to a particular part of the car really helps narrow down the search for answers. Nice to get a fix without waitng for parts. Keep us posted