8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Lease turn in.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Lease turn in.....

Hello,

I'm turning my lease in and wanted to know everyone's experience in doing so with Nissan. I'm currently due for nee brake pads and some rotors and 2 new tires. I'm at 37,000 miles. I won't be leasing again with Nissan and was curious if there was any wiggle room with these maintenance repairs. Should I go after market and replace to save some money before my lease is up or gamble and see if they even charged me for it? I would really appreciate anyone's first hand experience with the 2016 Maximas lease turn in. I'm a little nervous because it won't be cheap if they do hit me with those fees. Again anyone who has actually turned this car or another 2016 nissan I would like to know your experience. I have 3 months left and I need to make a decision like yesterday. Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by central25thst
Hello,

I'm turning my lease in and wanted to know everyone's experience in doing so with Nissan. I'm currently due for nee brake pads and some rotors and 2 new tires. I'm at 37,000 miles. I won't be leasing again with Nissan and was curious if there was any wiggle room with these maintenance repairs. Should I go after market and replace to save some money before my lease is up or gamble and see if they even charged me for it? I would really appreciate anyone's first hand experience with the 2016 Maximas lease turn in. I'm a little nervous because it won't be cheap if they do hit me with those fees. Again anyone who has actually turned this car or another 2016 nissan I would like to know your experience. I have 3 months left and I need to make a decision like yesterday. Thanks again.
Dude, go aftermarket 100%! If you turn that car in the way you just mentioned nissan will charge you above market for each item plus labor. just put two of the cheapest tires you can find and the cheapest rotors and or brakes. REMEMBER THAT SINCE YOU'RE NOT STAYING WITH NISSAN THAT ARE GOING TO CHARGE YOU A "TURN IN LEASE FEE" $450 PLUS 0.15CENTS PER MILE OVER THE 36K YOU'RE ALREADY IN THE HOLE FOR $1,500.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:28 PM

I have 61k on my 16, and haven't needed Rotors or pads. Are you sure you need them?
Old 09-22-2018, 02:37 PM

Google lease turn in tips for good information, but needing brakes and tires at 37k that vehicle was driven way to hard. Don't be surprised if the inspector finds additional things that will need replacing.

Good Luck
Old 09-22-2018, 02:42 PM

guess depends how you drive and conditions, i drive up and down mountains all day in stop and go traffic. Had all tires replaced at 37k, brakes and rotors at around 30k. Now at 47k i replaced pads and rotors again, rotors just because i got a good deal but my pads were already 4mm
Old 09-22-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
guess depends how you drive and conditions, i drive up and down mountains all day in stop and go traffic. Had all tires replaced at 37k, brakes and rotors at around 30k. Now at 47k i replaced pads and rotors again, rotors just because i got a good deal but my pads were already 4mm
You only got 17k on a set of pads? Are you a left foot braker, by chance?
Old 09-22-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
You only got 17k on a set of pads? Are you a left foot braker, by chance?
haha.. no, i even downshift going down the hills everyday to avoid using brakes but thats how i guess, both front rotors were warped anyways. hawaii traffic is bad, drive about 50 miles a day
Old 09-22-2018, 04:23 PM

Nissan OEM Brakes and Rotors are garbage
Old 09-23-2018, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by wild *****
I believe my experience shows that such a blanket statement isn't true.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
I believe my experience shows that such a blanket statement isn't true.
Definitely not true in my experience. I changed the pads on my '09 Maxima at over 100k miles and there was still material left. The rear pads had less material left than the fronts but were still serviceable. The only reason I changed them is that I had the pads and the time so went ahead and changed them. Probably around and hour and half for the whole job. My wife's Murano has over 106k miles and still has the original pads.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:02 PM

Hello,

Why don't you read the paperwork you signed when you leased the vehicle...there is information about end of lease procedure: https://owners.nissanusa.com/content..._Use_Guide.pdf
Old 09-23-2018, 12:38 PM

Hello,

There is language in the lease termination instructions that point out that all 4 tires must be of the same model, speed rating, and brand along with having around 5/32nds of remaining tread.<< (Approximately) You should be getting this information soon. My tires were all replaced @34000 miles though I could have gone further I would still have to buy tires so I decided to replace them for safety reasons and drive the remaining 11000 miles on good rubber. Better to fix the brakes since your price should be lots less than having the leasing company bill you. Good luck and report back what you end up doing.

While on this subject, I asked for and did get a 3-month extension on my lease. Got the paperwork last Saturday and just mailed it back to Nissan Financial. I really like this car!

Last edited by robtroxel; 09-24-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:13 PM

Let's be nice and say there was room for improvement lol.
​​​​​​Has anyone actually had to turn this car in yet? I've been shopping pretty hard this past weekend for brakes and rotors and found a few deals. Does anyone know if they actually measure the rotors or just the pads. My local mechanic told me they won't check them but I would rather here it from some one who has had any actual expeirence with this process. All of my leases previously we're pretty straight forward and they had an allowance for wear and tear. This is my first Nissan and I'm looking for some insight. Thanks again for everyone that has chimed in. This should also help any one in the future hopefully.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:11 AM

Let's be nice and say there was room for improvement lol.
​​​​​​Has anyone actually had to turn this car in yet? I've been shopping pretty hard this past weekend for brakes and rotors and found a few deals. Does anyone know if they actually measure the rotors or just the pads. My local mechanic told me they won't check them but I would rather here it from some one who has had any actual expeirence with this process. All of my leases previously we're pretty straight forward and they had an allowance for wear and tear. This is my first Nissan and I'm looking for some insight. Thanks again for everyone that has chimed in. This should also help any one in the future hopefully.
Look at my post #11, and click on the link I provided. You have been given "insight"...take advantage of it.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RickSmith
Why don't you read the paperwork you signed when you leased the vehicle...there is information about end of lease procedure: https://owners.nissanusa.com/content..._Use_Guide.pdf
Agreed. Go by your paperwork!!

If what is in the link is in the OP's paperwork, then I see no mention of brakes on that list, only tires.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:33 PM

As long as your car is not squeaking your good with a fresh set of tires .Confirmed.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:26 AM

Make sure the tire brand and type is the same at all 4 corners. Any mismatch will also be a write up item for the inspection. Have the brakes checked. Mine squeak in a slow roll after all this winter driving but the pads and rotors check out good
Old 02-23-2019, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Make sure the tire brand and type is the same at all 4 corners. Any mismatch will also be a write up item for the inspection. Have the brakes checked. Mine squeak in a slow roll after all this winter driving but the pads and rotors check out good
Really..Nissan checks that ****? When I turned in my Leased GTO..I had the OEM Bridgestone All seasons on the front and Sumitomo Summers on the back..all they checked is the tread
Old 02-25-2019, 07:09 AM

Really..Nissan checks that ****? When I turned in my Leased GTO..I had the OEM Bridgestone All seasons on the front and Sumitomo Summers on the back..all they checked is the tread
Had mine inspected for lease turn in recently. This inspection was very thorough and as it was explained to me, they want replacement tires with the same out of the factory speed rating at all corners so they check the brand and type of tire.
UPDATE: 2/27/19 Turned my 2016 Platinum in at servicing dealer. They did check for both key fobs, SD Card, all owner manuals, spare tire and jack'
The dealer issues an odometer reading as well and the turn in form that is signed by me and the dealer. Best to make an appointment. (This is all assuming you have had the earlier Nissan car inspecton done )

Last edited by robtroxel; 03-01-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more info for clarity