8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Heater Core is generating HOT sense in the cabin car

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Heater Core is generating HOT sense in the cabin car

Hi Guys!
I need some support from you. I recently identify that within cabin car a heat sensation is coming from the area where the feet are on the driver's side. After digging a little deeper about this I removed the cover which is on the right side of the accelerator and detect that there is a metal part that gets very hot. This is the cause why sometimes the car gets hot while Im driving or when I parked it, so do you have some recommendations how to validate if this is working properly?
How can I reduce the heat in this part?
Thanks in advanced

Old 10-09-2018, 07:56 AM

I have no information to give to you at this time But I have been on the fence about ordering a temp gun for a while and you have just given me a reason to order so I will order and check mine hopefully over the weekend.

I also have a antifreeze smell every so often, I originally thought it was oil because it was so random and slight that I thought it was oil but I was mistaken. I am not sure if the car is leaking nor am I sure that has anything to do with what you are experiencing since I have not noticed any extra heat.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Álvarez Javier
Hi Guys!
I need some support from you. I recently identify that within cabin car a heat sensation is coming from the area where the feet are on the driver's side. After digging a little deeper about this I removed the cover which is on the right side of the accelerator and detect that there is a metal part that gets very hot. This is the cause why sometimes the car gets hot while Im driving or when I parked it, so do you have some recommendations how to validate if this is working properly?
How can I reduce the heat in this part?
Thanks in advanced

Wow, that's 212 degrees F!!! HOT. I just completed a 25 mile trip with no heat or air conditioning on and 72 degrees F outside. I just measured the temperature in the general area you measured and got 83 degrees F. I measured the temperature of the dash and seats and they are 82 degrees F. This is about 27.7 degrees C to you. If your heat is OFF you might have a damper door stuck open. Does it get this hot with the AC on? Sorry, I did not notice where you are located.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 AM

Lower ac\heat temp to coldest setting....if its on a high temp setting even when its off you will feel heat....older models were like that. Maybe it could be something else like the new design route or something else...try that first though