Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   New guy introduction... (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/702614-new-guy-introduction.html)

Mike Dee 10-10-2018 05:49 PM

New guy introduction...

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

ive already made a few posts by now but figured you can’t walk into a room and not introduce my ride. I’ve always been a car enthusiast and have owned many cars, mostly Mustangs/Cobras but started making a family and that all changed. My most recent ride was a lifted ‘13 F-150 Ecoboost that was getting about 11-12 mpg. My 50 mile commute to work demanded I get rid of the truck and purchase something a little more practical. I knew I needed a sedan and looked at many cars to include the usual competitors to the Maxima (Accord Sport, Camry, IS250, etc.). I ended up stumbling upon the Max and was instantly attracted to the look. Once I started digging into it more (interior, horsepower, and CVT) I knew this was a suitable replacement. Now, after driving this thing around for the last two months I realize there is more to be done to set it apart. Fortunately I quickly discovered the aftermarket world for this car. As you can see, I’ve already hit Stillen up for the usual bolt ons. Next up, springs and exhaust then eventually commit to a set of wheels.
Happy to be a part of the community. Looking forward to getting to know this car.

zup28w 10-10-2018 07:31 PM

Welcome! Nice looking ride.

414sfinest 10-11-2018 06:28 AM

Welcome and good choice with the Max. Love the white. It’s honestly the color I wanted but wasn’t available at the time and I didn’t want to wait. Lol! Either way congrats on that purchase and welcome to the forum.

Boojack66 10-11-2018 06:54 AM

Welcome to the group, that is a nice looking ride. The aftermarket world for the Maxima is great and you can definitely set your car apart from the others. Good luck!

NisCal17 10-11-2018 06:57 AM

Very nice!!!

Could your share what aftermarket exterior parts you installed?

compyelc4 10-11-2018 07:08 AM

You are always welcome here. There is a pot-load of techies and experienced DIY's on this site, always willing to help.

Yeah, I like the white too, but ended up getting Coulis (metallic burgundy).

414sfinest 10-11-2018 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by compyelc4 (Post 9185044)
You are always welcome here. There is a pot-load of techies and experienced DIY's on this site, always willing to help.

Yeah, I like the white too, but ended up getting Coulis (metallic burgundy).

Same color that I ended up with. Lol. I wanted the white and it was a no go. Then I wanted the blue with the tan/beige interior and nope again. So now I have the same damn color that my 7th gen was. Lol.

Fishlet 10-11-2018 01:39 PM

Welcome to Maxima.org

I love the white too, that was my 2nd choice... ended up going with the Pearl Blue instead

Mike Dee 10-11-2018 08:28 PM

Thanks all! Good to be here. I know what you guys mean about the white, it was really down to the white or black SR for me all the way. The white ended up winning in the end. No regrets.

Mike Dee 10-11-2018 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by NisCal17 (Post 9185042)
Very nice!!!

Could your share what aftermarket exterior parts you installed?

Thanks man! I ended up picking up all the exterior parts Stillen had to offer. The front splitter, rear diffuser, and rear window spoiler.