8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Lease Extended

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Lease Extended

Nissan just approved and put into print a 3 month lease extension for me from Oct 25 to Jan 24 of 2019. I am hoping that will give me enough time to come up with a 2019 Platinum. Meanwhile I am looking at a Lexus ES 350, Toyota Avalon, and a Genesis G 70 or G80. A Stinger is a non starter for me. It is a shame Nissan is going so slowly on the 2019 release. Im sure its costing them sales for us early adoptors with leases maturing. Any one else in my boat?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Did Nissan give you any problems extending your lease? My lease ends in December but i talked with Nissan last month and they told me they don't do lease extensions anymore. I'm also waiting for the 2019 Maxima and want to extend the lease.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:17 AM

Not sure why you'd want to extend a lease past 36 months with a warrantee run out. Do they extend the warrantee during the extension period? Like if the AC dies and you're on the hook to replace the compressor for like $1500, then you gotta turn it in in January... that's a big gamble!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Not sure why you'd want to extend a lease past 36 months with a warrantee run out. Do they extend the warrantee during the extension period? Like if the AC dies and you're on the hook to replace the compressor for like $1500, then you gotta turn it in in January... that's a big gamble!
I see your point, but I would take the gamble. It's highly unlikely anything significant will go wrong in that short 3 months. Nissan builds cars better than that.

Robtroxel,
Be sure to look at the Lexus GS 350 as well.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Maxman200
Did Nissan give you any problems extending your lease? My lease ends in December but i talked with Nissan last month and they told me they don't do lease extensions anymore. I'm also waiting for the 2019 Maxima and want to extend the lease.
No issues at all on the extension. I presented the situation from the point of view that they had no 2019s for me to transition to. They also add your mileage allottment for each additional month. No at all worried about any waranty issues. This car has been great so far for the past 3 years
Old 10-19-2018, 08:27 PM

Last month my son's 2nd vehicle got hit and written off. He didn't want to commit long term to another vehicle at that time so I offered him my 2016 Max SV with 12 mths remaining on the lease which is super cheap @ $460/mth CAD. Less than his parking spot at work. So called Nissan Finance Canada and was informed that lease transfer fee would be $845. CAD tax in. I replied are you joking and they replied read section 30 in your lease agreement and sure enough there it was. To add insult to injury they stated that I would still be considered a co-lessee until lease termination. I then replied I'm done with Nissan. Constantly seeding me personalized promos, emails, etc and then pull something dumb like this. Idiots!

Been a great car for the money, but now wouldn't be sorry to see it go. Was looking forward to leasing an A5 Sportback Quattro for this winter. Not now. Boo hoo.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My 2016's Maxima SL's lease was up in June of 2018. In May, I asked the dealership to call Nissan Finance to extend the lease and the store manager was unable to get them to roll. I called Nissan Finance and they gave me an initial "no".

After reading the forums here, I called Nissan Finance again and asked for a manager. I explained that this was my 5th Maxima and that I would not lease a 2018. Asked if I could extend the lease until the end of the year when they 2019's would be out. The manager didn't seem to push back and sent the paperwork to extend the lease (plus an additional charge for sales tax) until December 20th.

Now, it doesn't appear that the 2019's will be out until next year. Thinking of bailing and moving to an Inifinity Q50. Kind of frustrating.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by BlkMx
My 2016's Maxima SL's lease was up in June of 2018. In May, I asked the dealership to call Nissan Finance to extend the lease and the store manager was unable to get them to roll. I called Nissan Finance and they gave me an initial "no".

After reading the forums here, I called Nissan Finance again and asked for a manager. I explained that this was my 5th Maxima and that I would not lease a 2018. Asked if I could extend the lease until the end of the year when they 2019's would be out. The manager didn't seem to push back and sent the paperwork to extend the lease (plus an additional charge for sales tax) until December 20th.

Now, it doesn't appear that the 2019's will be out until next year. Thinking of bailing and moving to an Inifinity Q50. Kind of frustrating.
So sorry to hear this as it appears Nissan is not very interested in our business for another Maxima. Now that my lease is extended I at least have time to look at the competition. Will you let us know what kind of deals you see on the Q?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:05 AM

Couldn't you lease a 2018 then roll the lease into a 2019. It's good for the dealership as they get a well maintained low mileage used car plus another sale to you less than year, and for you the car you really want. The early lease termination fee and roll over language could be negotiated and put in the 2018 lease. I am only hypothetically thinking here as I never have leased a car before but it couldn't hurt to ask. Don't ask about this from floor personnel, go right to the finance manager.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2019 will be shown in Los Angeles on November 30 and go on sale in December.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Blasterguy
Last month my son's 2nd vehicle got hit and written off. He didn't want to commit long term to another vehicle at that time so I offered him my 2016 Max SV with 12 mths remaining on the lease which is super cheap @ $460/mth CAD. Less than his parking spot at work. So called Nissan Finance Canada and was informed that lease transfer fee would be $845. CAD tax in. I replied are you joking and they replied read section 30 in your lease agreement and sure enough there it was. To add insult to injury they stated that I would still be considered a co-lessee until lease termination. I then replied I'm done with Nissan. Constantly seeding me personalized promos, emails, etc and then pull something dumb like this. Idiots!

Been a great car for the money, but now wouldn't be sorry to see it go. Was looking forward to leasing an A5 Sportback Quattro for this winter. Not now. Boo hoo.
So...you are complaining about a section of a printed lease that you signed when you leased the vehicle...but now all of a sudden it's Nissan's fault that you did not read section 30 and understand what you signed? Well, OK then...it has to be Nissan's fault.

I'm sure that no other vehicle manufacture has language like Nissan uses in section 30 in their leases. You were singled out!
Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by RickSmith
So...you are complaining about a section of a printed lease that you signed when you leased the vehicle...but now all of a sudden it's Nissan's fault that you did not read section 30 and understand what you signed? Well, OK then...it has to be Nissan's fault.

I'm sure that no other vehicle manufacture has language like Nissan uses in section 30 in their leases. You were singled out!
It's a good thing I didn't spend an afternoon with a magnifying glass at the dealership reading about 40 paragraphs on a single piece of paper (front and back) otherwise I wouldn't have leased the vehicle and a good one it has been. No regrets. I just question the idiocy of charging $750. plus tax where Toyota will do the same deed for $300 plus tax. Maybe that's why Toyota has the best customer retention in the business and Nissan one of the worst. And just for you Rick I will add a few of these !!!!! LOL!