Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Maxima Refresh (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/703345-maxima-refresh.html)

gerardamorris 01-06-2019 02:37 PM

Maxima Refresh

Just purchased 2019 Platinum Reserve. Nice car. Feels different than my 2016 even though there was no major changes to interior or drive train. Interior is much quieter, and the seats feel more comfortable. Infotainment system is upgraded (clip art on XM, and picture pops up on incoming and outgoing call). Nice to have Android auto and the radar covers the entire care (nice when backing up). There are a few minor annoyances with the change of the infotainment system, but nothing to fret over. Got a fair deal ($41,750) plus was given $23,500 for my 2016 which had 54,000 miles (and fully paid). Done previous business with this dealer (My wife's 2017 Murano Platinum).I really like the new headlights and can live with the rear end refresh.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....0312541910.jpg

Dom864 01-06-2019 02:56 PM

Congrats on a beautiful ride!

MadMax07SL 01-07-2019 07:20 AM

Thanks for sharing the price, what was the MSRP so we have a good comparison,

I know some of these have added features that even the Platinum may not have them all, or may. MSRP would help at least narrow down what kind of percentage off is a reasonable approach.

gerardamorris 01-07-2019 07:27 AM

MSRP for Platinum Reserve $44,375.

NisCal17 01-07-2019 01:09 PM

Nice.. looks sharp much sharper than 2016. By the time when my lease will up for return 9th gen should hit the market. But I’ll probably will go with something else unless 9TH gen will offer decent option for mid level trim. Platinum is of course top of line level. But if I had to choose right now I would probably bought myself 2019 ES350. With a little negotiation you can probably grab 19 ES Luxury package for the same money as Platinum.
Same 300 horses and new body.

gerardamorris 01-07-2019 01:44 PM

Priced the ES 350 luxury before buying Maxima. With the exact same features (minus Andoid auto) as the Maxima it was going to be a non negotiable $49,265 before taxes. Don't like the way the Lexus looks (grill) and no Android auto. For me, I got everything I want and need in the Maxima without paying Lexus money. This is my third Maxima and I've had no trouble at all. Is it the best car on the market? No, some may say not even the best in its segment. But it is the best car for me as I sampled quite a few before making the decision to stay with the Maxima (Kia Stinger, Volvo S90, Infiniti, Lexus)

lindros2 01-07-2019 02:08 PM

wow - this is super, super helpful.
Please enjoy your Maxima in good health!

NisCal17 01-07-2019 04:51 PM

Does it come with full LED headlights? High beam and Fog lights?

FattiesGoneWild 01-07-2019 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by NisCal17 (Post 9192220)
Does it come with full LED headlights? High beam and Fog lights?

Yup. Everything is full on LED front/back.

MadMax07SL 01-08-2019 05:21 AM

Damn, you compared a Volvo S90 with the max? Loaded those things go for twice the price of a maxima! What was the ride like out of curiosity?

Stinger is a nice car, but man you give up a back seat and valet trunk locking capability for me that's the deal breaker. If I wanted a hatchback I'd get an SUV.

lindros2 01-08-2019 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL (Post 9192250)
Damn, you compared a Volvo S90 with the max? Loaded those things go for twice the price of a maxima! What was the ride like out of curiosity?

I drove the S90 - it drives nice (sorry to be cliche, but it drives like a Volvo). Note that the 2018 is significantly different from the 2017 - it has the longer wheelbase (in USA), and is now assembled in China.

The 4-cylinder with turbo/super/electric mix (depending on how much you want to spend) is actually pretty quick, but I hate 4-cylinders (which, unfortunately, I'll eventually have to deal with).

All of that aside, the Volvo blows the doors off of the Maxima on interior quality. There is honestly no comparison - you're talking about a high-end Sentra vs. a legit mid-luxury marque.

SRDemi 01-08-2019 05:52 AM

It looks so much like a Lexus to me now lol. But congrats.

gerardamorris 01-08-2019 06:52 AM

I do realize the Volvo and Maxima are not in the same class. I was looking at all options available to me. This included Lexus ES and Infiniti. The Volvo I was looking at was $49,000, which was still in my price range. I know this may sound silly, but the turnoff was the Volvo did not have electric tilt and telescopic steering column. At that price point one would figure that feature to be a no brainer. Also, at the $49,000 price point there were no ventilated seats or heated steering wheel. Also, I don't like how certain features are integrated into the infotainment system (heated seats and steering wheel, and climate control). To add the features that came with the Maxima, the Volvo was pushing $54,000. A price I was not willing to pay. Certainly, these two cars are in a different class.

robtroxel 01-08-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by gerardamorris (Post 9192260)
I do realize the Volvo and Maxima are not in the same class. I was looking at all options available to me. This included Lexus ES and Infiniti. The Volvo I was looking at was $49,000, which was still in my price range. I know this may sound silly, but the turnoff was the Volvo did not have electric tilt and telescopic steering column. At that price point one would figure that feature to be a no brainer. Also, at the $49,000 price point there were no ventilated seats or heated steering wheel. Also, I don't like how certain features are integrated into the infotainment system (heated seats and steering wheel, and climate control). To add the features that came with the Maxima, the Volvo was pushing $54,000. A price I was not willing to pay. Certainly, these two cars are in a different class.

You have it covered. There is nothing on th market that matches the Maxima for the price / equipment value proposition. Hoping that when mine comes in off an order in 8 weeks there will be some better deals.

NisCal17 01-08-2019 01:08 PM

Well the man has spoken... The man likes Maxima!

afterall we all drive it.

SRDemi 01-09-2019 05:35 AM

Nice! Still think I prefer the 16-18 model. This one is nice, it just looks very Lexus-ish to me.

lindros2 01-09-2019 05:37 AM

The Maxima - at face value - is a good deal. That's why I bought mine.
But over time, you realize the hard plastics (see: foot wells, rear parcel shelf, etc.), the cost-cutting (see trunk balance rods), quality lapses (passenger window issues), recall nonsense (which is truly nonsense), infotainment issues, etc.
Would these not occur on a car 2x the price? Of course we can't say (heck, BMW 750i's have required full engine rebuilds).
But you do get what you pay for.
The Volvo S90 is a nicer car.
The Volvo XC40 is a nicer car (has a higher-quality interior).
And the Maxima Platinum Reserve package is complete rubbish. The seats feel and look like shiny, hard plastic and smell like burnt rubber.

guitarman 01-09-2019 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9192397)
And the Maxima Platinum Reserve package is complete rubbish. The seats feel and look like shiny, hard plastic and smell like burnt rubber.

...and is the color of a baboon's butt.. :rollsmile

Randy 01-09-2019 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by gerardamorris (Post 9192127)
Just purchased 2019 Platinum Reserve. Nice car. Feels different than my 2016 even though there was no major changes to interior or drive train. Interior is much quieter, and the seats feel more comfortable. Infotainment system is upgraded (clip art on XM, and picture pops up on incoming and outgoing call). Nice to have Android auto and the radar covers the entire care (nice when backing up). There are a few minor annoyances with the change of the infotainment system, but nothing to fret over. Got a fair deal ($41,750) plus was given $23,500 for my 2016 which had 54,000 miles (and fully paid). Done previous business with this dealer (My wife's 2017 Murano Platinum).I really like the new headlights and can live with the rear end refresh.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....0312541910.jpg

Congratulations ! Enjoy the ride ! Looks Great !

FattiesGoneWild 01-09-2019 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9192397)
The Maxima - at face value - is a good deal. That's why I bought mine.
But over time, you realize the hard plastics (see: foot wells, rear parcel shelf, etc.), the cost-cutting (see trunk balance rods), quality lapses (passenger window issues), recall nonsense (which is truly nonsense), infotainment issues, etc.
Would these not occur on a car 2x the price? Of course we can't say (heck, BMW 750i's have required full engine rebuilds).
But you do get what you pay for.
The Volvo S90 is a nicer car.
The Volvo XC40 is a nicer car (has a higher-quality interior).

They have a smell?!?! First time I have read about that.

robtroxel 01-09-2019 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild (Post 9192419)

Yeah that is consistant with the monkey butt color. They should upscale the interior in say black or light tan. Could care less about the never to be used rear seat heaters. All that said, I still like the Platinum interior in black

lindros2 01-10-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild (Post 9192419)

First time you've read of leather having a leather odor? Really?
Drive a Bentley. Or BMW. Or Volvo.