Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   New member looking for perfomance upgrades (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/703457-new-member-looking-perfomance-upgrades.html)

xD_FEARLESS 01-18-2019 05:17 PM

New member looking for perfomance upgrades

New to the Maxima forums here. Just got a 2018 Maxima and was looking for the best performance upgrades. was looking at Stillen exhaust and intake. just wasn't sure what was out there.

Mason Hatcher 01-18-2019 06:51 PM

Replace piston engine with Turbine.

robtroxel 01-19-2019 06:24 AM

Mason is right. The car is great with the 300 HP it comes with. Cold facts>>> You could start with a high flow air cleaner and the modded exhausts that drone like a wounded cow . Spending spend lots of dough though for very little if any improvement is about where you are at. Enjoy your great ride for what it is. Wrong car to speed mod IMO

doug4cad 01-19-2019 01:56 PM

agree

SLZanoMax 01-27-2019 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by xD_FEARLESS (Post 9193177)
New to the Maxima forums here. Just got a 2018 Maxima and was looking for the best performance upgrades. was looking at Stillen exhaust and intake. just wasn't sure what was out there.

Since you're driving a sedan there's no honest ways of building absolute power worthy of getting out and challenging, well anything. Get you a pedal commander and intake cams. The cai and exhaust will only provide you with a feeling in the accelerator pedal. Jim Wolf Technology has a drop in intake cam you can add to factory valve train and gain about 10-15 hp. If you find anything else worth while please let me know.

RickSmith 01-28-2019 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by SLZanoMax (Post 9193942)
Since you're driving a sedan there's no honest ways of building absolute power worthy of getting out and challenging, well anything. Get you a pedal commander and intake cams. The cai and exhaust will only provide you with a feeling in the accelerator pedal. Jim Wolf Technology has a drop in intake cam you can add to factory valve train and gain about 10-15 hp. If you find anything else worth while please let me know.

At a cost of $1269.88 plus shipping and tax, plus installation for the cam set...not just intake camshafts, that is a large financial investment for a relatively small HP gain.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=459

robtroxel 01-28-2019 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by RickSmith (Post 9193961)
At a cost of $1269.88 plus shipping and tax, plus installation for the cam set...not just intake camshafts, that is a large financial investment for a relatively small HP gain.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=459

A real waste of cash for the very small incremental gain plus what does that cam profile do for your everyday grocery getting trips? Wrong car to begin with.

SLZanoMax 01-28-2019 07:25 AM

That waste of money isn't worth it to you, stick with the recommendations I've given or follow the advice of real power makers and just get another car. Being that our car is automatic and fairly new there's not much power added and especially any that would be cheaper than the 1k mark and any that would produce power above 10 hp. There's no real power adder that will give you any huge numbers that you can brag about. 15 hp with the pedal commander allowing you extract the feeling of every horse is well worth it to me. Even the factory 300 and 261 torque is sufficient enough to have fun, these are no 10 second 1/4 mile cars. Running a low 14 on the 1/4 is fast enough for me plus if you want a race car, buy a race car platform. I spent 36k on my 17' SL and it's nothing compared to my little Honda hatch drag car. It weighs too much and would cost the same of its sticker to produce those track car hp numbers. I guess, just be happy we could beat base Challenges, Camaros and anything domestic that comes with a V6. I love my 4DSC and its executive style.

robtroxel 02-01-2019 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by SLZanoMax (Post 9193972)
That waste of money isn't worth it to you, stick with the recommendations I've given or follow the advice of real power makers and just get another car. Being that our car is automatic and fairly new there's not much power added and especially any that would be cheaper than the 1k mark and any that would produce power above 10 hp. There's no real power adder that will give you any huge numbers that you can brag about. 15 hp with the pedal commander allowing you extract the feeling of every horse is well worth it to me. Even the factory 300 and 261 torque is sufficient enough to have fun, these are no 10 second 1/4 mile cars. Running a low 14 on the 1/4 is fast enough for me plus if you want a race car, buy a race car platform. I spent 36k on my 17' SL and it's nothing compared to my little Honda hatch drag car. It weighs too much and would cost the same of its sticker to produce those track car hp numbers. I guess, just be happy we could beat base Challenges, Camaros and anything domestic that comes with a V6. I love my 4DSC and its executive style.

Thoughtful reply that hits the sums up the slippery situation trying to hot rod a Maxima.

Downhillr1 02-02-2019 09:55 AM

Which mod exhaust brand are you saying drones?