Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Detailed Review of 2019 Maxima Platinum Reserve (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/703530-detailed-review-2019-maxima-platinum-reserve.html)

lindros2 02-04-2019 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel (Post 9194400)
Then be lazy - use rim! Still incorrect. What have you heard about your rear seat upholstery?

nothing.

compyelc4 02-04-2019 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKESCREEN (Post 9194365)

wow.

would that be rear seat or backseat? :-)

robtroxel 02-11-2019 07:01 AM

Hey Lindros,

Can you Update us on the progress in getting some of your car's shortcomings fixed? From what I read you are still unhappy. I am more than curious since I have a loaded Platinum arriving sometime in early March. (Went with the Black interior though, still stickered at 45 K) Thanks to you, I will be checking the car over thoroughly before any paperwork is done.
In reading between the lines I detect some dissatisfaction with your lease pricing. I realize it will be more that what we were paying on the then new 2016s but like I said earlier, I will walk away and forfeit the 500 bucks I put down rather than be mad about it for 3 years! Have you thought about replacing yours with a 2018?

lindros2 02-11-2019 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel (Post 9194855)
Can you Update us on the progress in getting some of your car's shortcomings fixed? From what I read you are still unhappy. I am more than curious since I have a loaded Platinum arriving sometime in early March. (Went with the Black interior though, still stickered at 45 K) Thanks to you, I will be checking the car over thoroughly before any paperwork is done.
In reading between the lines I detect some dissatisfaction with your lease pricing. I realize it will be more that what we were paying on the then new 2016s but like I said earlier, I will walk away and forfeit the 500 bucks I put down rather than be mad about it for 3 years! Have you thought about replacing yours with a 2018?

First, I haven't done anything. I want the car to be broken in - 2000-5000 miles - before I have anything done.
Second, the quality issues will force a regional service rep to be present. This was sloppy - it never should have left the factory like this.

Third, I knew going in it would be more expensive. Leasing is simple - you pay difference of purchase price and residual.
I paid about $41k. Georgia tax about $1300. Fees were whatever they are. Dealer and Nissan ate three payments on 2016 (~$1500). All wear and tear on 2016 was wiped out.

Finally, you shouldn't have to forfeit ANYTHING. There is no "custom order" of a Maxima - and even if there were, it's illegal to hold your money/deposit.
This isn't a Bentley or Mclaren.

robtroxel 02-11-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9194857)
First, I haven't done anything. I want the car to be broken in - 2000-5000 miles - before I have anything done.
Second, the quality issues will force a regional service rep to be present. This was sloppy - it never should have left the factory like this.

Third, I knew going in it would be more expensive. Leasing is simple - you pay difference of purchase price and residual.
I paid about $41k. Georgia tax about $1300. Fees were whatever they are. Dealer and Nissan ate three payments on 2016 (~$1500). All wear and tear on 2016 was wiped out.

Finally, you shouldn't have to forfeit ANYTHING. There is no "custom order" of a Maxima - and even if there were, it's illegal to hold your money/deposit.
This isn't a Bentley or Mclaren.

Thanks for your comments. On Dec 31st I gave my dealer 500 bucks to order a 2019 Maxima Platinum equipped with specific options (basically all options except the brown interior) So we may debate the term used but he gets me the car I want with all or most options installed at the factory. Maybe we should call it a "request". Either way I get the exact car I want. There were no other 2019 cars so equiiped in the midwestern region so the 500 bucks shows my good faith and committment to this car. Still you and I both know this is more like a "fishing license" when the car arrives, to strike a deal that we can both live with. Sounds like you got some decent terms after all; but it does cost to be among the 1st. I'd rather lease but also have the option to buy it outright. I like the idea of Nissan delcaring a residual that is often higher than what I can get on an owned car trade-in. I appreciate your slant on whether the deposit is refundable. By rights it should be since I never did sign any paperwork yet.

lindros2 02-11-2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel (Post 9194873)
Thanks for your comments. On Dec 31st I gave my dealer 500 bucks to order a 2019 Maxima Platinum equipped with specific options (basically all options except the brown interior) So we may debate the term used but he gets me the car I want with all or most options installed at the factory. Maybe we should call it a "request". Either way I get the exact car I want. There were no other 2019 cars so equiiped in the midwestern region so the 500 bucks shows my good faith and committment to this car. Still you and I both know this is more like a "fishing license" when the car arrives, to strike a deal that we can both live with. Sounds like you got some decent terms after all; but it does cost to be among the 1st. I'd rather lease but also have the option to buy it outright. I like the idea of Nissan delcaring a residual that is often higher than what I can get on an owned car trade-in. I appreciate your slant on whether the deposit is refundable. By rights it should be since I never did sign any paperwork yet.

Deposit is absolutely always refundable. That's the nature of it. Even on my GT-R ($2k then $10k), I could have walked and gotten it back. And that was kind of a custom order since dealers had to fight for their allotment (mine got six).
Back to the Maxima (your point at hand). *ALL* of these things are going to be tough to get. They're dribbling out. It's almost like anything over an S or SV will be a custom request.
It ALSO appears that Nissan is dumping their fleet sales of the Maxima (this hasn't been publicized).

robtroxel 02-11-2019 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9194879)
Deposit is absolutely always refundable. That's the nature of it. Even on my GT-R ($2k then $10k), I could have walked and gotten it back. And that was kind of a custom order since dealers had to fight for their allotment (mine got six).
Back to the Maxima (your point at hand). *ALL* of these things are going to be tough to get. They're dribbling out. It's almost like anything over an S or SV will be a custom request.
It ALSO appears that Nissan is dumping their fleet sales of the Maxima (this hasn't been publicized).

Yes, I agree. Did a tour of one of our close by dealers lots on Sunday and saw at least 12 new 2018s and 4 2019s (A Plat and SV , 2 SLs all fairly well equipped.

lindros2 06-28-2019 01:50 PM

To @robtroxel and others:
Nissan turned their back on my car. They don't care to resolve any issues.
What a total piece of #@&*&)*#.

robtroxel 06-29-2019 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9204775)
To @robtroxel and others:
Nissan turned their back on my car. They don't care to resolve any issues.
What a total piece of #@&*&)*#.

We are sorry to hear about what is happening with your car. Can you bring us up to date on what has transpired since this thread was cold?
Have you Fed - Exed your concerns to Nissan HQ? I like to start at the top and let it filter down.

lindros2 06-29-2019 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel (Post 9204805)
We are sorry to hear about what is happening with your car. Can you bring us up to date on what has transpired since this thread was cold?
Hasv
Have you Fed - Exed your concerns to Nissan HQ? I like to start at the top and let it filter down.

Nothing other than a call from the entry level regional moron. They need a highly trained tech to diagnose it.
I’ll have a highly trained photographer send photos to every car magazine and the press.
Yet more bulls—t from Nissan. Scumbaggery starts at the top.

robtroxel 06-29-2019 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by lindros2 (Post 9204809)
Nothing other than a call from the entry level regional moron. They need a highly trained tech to diagnose it.
I’ll have a highly trained photographer send photos to every car magazine and the press.
Yet more bulls—t from Nissan. Scumbaggery starts at the top.

Is this about the rear seat back? Sounds like you have a plan of action though my suggestion is not about spending money needlessly. A Fed Ex sent to the upper management will garner far more attention than the usual email will.
As I recall, you have the top dollar model and should expect top dollar treatment. Why not have your attorney author this latest letter and deliver by Fed Ex (Or UPS, etc)?
Your name should go to the top of the list for action.