Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   2017 maxima Bose system w/ static (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/703561-2017-maxima-bose-system-w-static.html)

Steve345 01-31-2019 07:59 AM

2017 maxima Bose system w/ static

My wife drove through some deep water and the rubber boot on the steering column popped up. This caused a lot of water to flow into the car. It splashed up under the dash and left about 20 gallons of water on left side floor. After the seats and carpet was removed and dried, reinstalled the front driver door speaker has a lot of static noise. It is not always the same. Some days you can hardly hear it other days it is horrible. Question is, where should I begin to look to find problem.

Thanks

robtroxel 01-31-2019 11:13 AM

I don't know how to say this but you have a serious situation. What we can't measure without inspection is if the electronics (computer boxes, etc) have gotten wet. It takes some time for the bad news to appear but I think you should call your insurance agent as it could be grounds for a car replacement. Best of luck but do not delay taking action. Confer with your dealer too.

MadMax07SL 01-31-2019 11:56 AM

Yeah, you should change the title of your thread to, drowned Maxima, static in the speaker there-after. That said, did you replace the door speaker? You can get after-market speakers better quality for around $50-$70 a pair...

Steve345 01-31-2019 01:18 PM

We had car dried out right after. The static started a few days after we got it back. Have not pulled the door panel off yet. Waiting for weather to warm up a bit. Odd thing is that it has different levels of static. Wife is sick about it. Insurance said it is covered but not sure if we waited to long to claim it. Wife is looking at the 2019 maxima because the car has been a magnet for bad luck. Car was rear ended by a teenage girl looking at her phone. Caused $11,000 in damages then this flood crap.

wild willy 01-31-2019 03:14 PM

Water damage is a never ending progressively troublesome issue. I would personally dump the car. Very hard to track down the issues and fix them.

MadMax07SL 02-01-2019 07:11 AM

If after all of that, and all you have is static in speaker....that's pretty good. And if the cones got wet, I'd be willing to bet that replacing the speaker is going to clear that up, Head unit is up high, I am pretty sure all amps are in trunk...the only thing that could have gotten wet with regard to the stereo is the speaker and the wiring...wiring can take a little abuse.

Steve345 02-01-2019 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL (Post 9194237)
If after all of that, and all you have is static in speaker....that's pretty good. And if the cones got wet, I'd be willing to bet that replacing the speaker is going to clear that up, Head unit is up high, I am pretty sure all amps are in trunk...the only thing that could have gotten wet with regard to the stereo is the speaker and the wiring...wiring can take a little abuse.

thank you for helping with the issue. I had the same thought about the speaker. Water may have splashed on door but there was never any deep water in car. Rather buy a speaker then total the car