Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Sirius takes a minute to work when starting car (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/703910-sirius-takes-minute-work-when-starting-car.html)

heyguysitsme 03-14-2019 11:24 AM

Sirius takes a minute to work when starting car

Hi- I have a 2018 Platinum (less than 4 months old) and I've encountered issues with SiriusXM when starting the car. Specifically, when I start the car and try to change the station, nothing happens. The Sirius screen is on, but no channel is selected (even though I hear music). Then about 30 - 60 seconds later I'm able to change channels.

Anyone else have this problem?

RickSmith 03-14-2019 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by heyguysitsme (Post 9197591)
Hi- I have a 2018 Platinum (less than 4 months old) and I've encountered issues with SiriusXM when starting the car. Specifically, when I start the car and try to change the station, nothing happens. The Sirius screen is on, but no channel is selected (even though I hear music). Then about 30 - 60 seconds later I'm able to change channels.

I would call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 and complain that you don't have 30-60 seconds to wait. You want music from the moment you start your car. Actually, you demand it! If that Sirius (Pun intended) problem is not corrected ASAP, cancel your subscription.

robtroxel 03-14-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by heyguysitsme (Post 9197591)

I agree with Rick Smith. My 2016 Maxima Platinum did this very thing early on and we kept thinking it was the radio unit but every other part AM/FM/CD and USB came on as it should. I called XM and they suggested a reboot which involved leaving the radio on for 30 minutes an basically resending the authorization signal to my unit. Well it worked and stayed that way till I traded the car

wild willy 03-14-2019 03:17 PM

I dumped them and just stream Pandora.....I do not know why I kept them for so long...NOT WORTH IT!!

kevin_ohio 03-18-2019 06:34 AM

My '16 Platinum does this intermittently and I sometimes wonder if it isn't one of XM's satellites or something on their end. It seems to do it for 2-3 weeks then works perfectly fine for a while before the process repeats. I agree a refresh signal may help, but I think the issue is on XM's side, not the car. Mine started working fine again this morning after 2-3 weeks of the same delay. I'll try and keep track of how long this lasts this time.

heyguysitsme 03-20-2019 09:55 AM

Thanks folks!