Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking (https://maxima.org/forums/advanced-suspension-chassis-braking-68/)
-   -   Quick Question Tokico Illumina's (https://maxima.org/forums/advanced-suspension-chassis-braking/674983-quick-question-tokico-illuminas.html)

TravisCadello 02-13-2014 08:47 PM

Quick Question Tokico Illumina's

Got the Tokico's installed, My question is why is their a small black box that looks like its meant to hold the Red tip with the numbers on it? I put the Tips on and they fit pretty loosely and probably would fall off, are they supposed to stay on the rod Tightly?

And also, Why does the adjuster screw just keep turning and never stop? How do i know if im actually on 5 or not?

thx....

Amerikaner83 02-13-2014 09:23 PM

it's pretty fragile and it sounds like you broke it.

Prophecy99 02-14-2014 10:31 AM

no they are pretty loose, and how do you know they are on 5? with the red tips on there

you shouldn't have turned it not knowing what settings they were originally at

TravisCadello 02-16-2014 09:05 PM

It didnt break, they just sit on their too loosely for my liking..

TravisCadello 02-16-2014 09:06 PM

I had them on while i set it to 5 then removed caps.

Prophecy99 02-17-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by TravisCadello (Post 8916427)
It didnt break, they just sit on their too loosely for my liking..

you put them on only temporarily for the purpose of adjusting... you're not supposed leave them on there... what does it matter?

Mattx 04-06-2015 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TravisCadello (Post 8915316)
Got the Tokico's installed, My question is why is their a small black box that looks like its meant to hold the Red tip with the numbers on it? I put the Tips on and they fit pretty loosely and probably would fall off, are they supposed to stay on the rod Tightly? And also, Why does the adjuster screw just keep turning and never stop? How do i know if im actually on 5 or not? thx....

I can tell you how you know when ur on 5. There's a flat spot on the top threaded piece that the selector sits on. When you are lined up on that flat spot you are on 5. It only lines up perfect one way. This is assuming your install was on point. Just to let you know, you are only supposed to turn clock wise. You should never turn counter clock wise that is the way they're designed.

ABIGBRAIN 04-06-2015 10:31 PM

Push down on the fender with some force.... you'll kmow right away if your on 1 or 5. Then just set them according to your personal preference.

Prophecy99 04-07-2015 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mattx (Post 9037247)
Just to let you know, you are only supposed to turn clock wise. You should never turn counter clock wise that is the way they're designed.

News to me, and interesting if true???

Mattx 06-03-2015 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy99 (Post 9037347)
News to me, and interesting if true???

Yea I found it interesting as well. I can't remember his name but he's the suspension guru for maximas has his own thread. I can't believe I can't get his name anyway he's the one who told me this.

Mattx 06-03-2015 10:27 PM

Djfreestyle. Sorry buddy. 😄