Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking Talk about suspension geometry, advanced handling/chassis setup, custom brakes, etc. NOT your basic brake pads and "best drop" Information.

What is a conservative suspension upgrade for my 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:48 AM

What is a conservative suspension upgrade for my 2012?

Normally all about a nice upgrade, but this is DD work car that sees a ton of miles. I've got my Z for when I want to scratch that itch.

All of my prior Maximas had nice suspension, but my 2012 Premium is way too soft. Not only do I feel like I'm driving a 1981 Buick, it is a pain to take to bicycle races. I'm constantly scraping my hitch/bike rack, and if I put my 45 quart Yeti in the trunk the rear sags like something fierce.

I've considered selling it and getting a wagon, but would rather not spend any money.

So - what's it take to stiffen things up a bit and not lose any ground clearance?
Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Lightly modded

You've been on the forums for 16 years, you should know how to search. Also, this is not an "advanced suspension" question, it's a very basic one.

To answer your question, as far as I'm aware, if you want to stiffen up the suspension without going lower, coilovers are your only option. Please don't ask which ones are "the best"....