All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Just contacted SportCompactCar...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:52 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Splitting hairs once again,
Let me make it more broad for you:
Whatever you can do to your 1995 Max, without touching the actual engine and no FI or Nitrous, I can do to my 6th Gen Maxima and I guarantee you I will out perform you in EVERY way!

And I don't need to get down to a stock 4th Gen weight either.

My engine produces more power and for a longer duration and revs higher. no win there

I'll smoke you in a straight line. no win there

I will out corner you and accelerate out of the corner quicker.(all things equal, ie. we both had coilovers). no win there

Trust me bro, you would lose all the way around.

Having said that it WILL be a better car.

First of all mine is a 98, not a 95. Don't know where you got that from.

Second of all, we've already said it's useless to compare them, it's not apples to apples. My only point is that just because in your eyes it's a better car, does not make it so in someone else's. Nor does it make it the absolute fact. It's just an opinion. Even if you could somehow equal out the performance, handling, etc, one person will say one car is "better" than the other because they don't like the styling, or certain options or - whatever.

Third, thanks for the laugh. It's pretty funny reading through that list of "absolutes" you provided, seeing as you state them with ironclad certainty even though they are just your opinions, and not based on any real world evidence.

You've got a lot to learn my friend, and I am done with this argument now; I can see it's pointless and I've wasted enough time on here when I need to go get a couple things done on my Max that cannot out-handle, brake or accelerate yours no matter what I do to it.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by krismax
yes its light to bad i weigh 260lbs but it could be lighter wheres my resisiter info ill pay if you make me one also
Ya I'm on my way over to the garage now... will be in touch. Not sure what you mean about making one? I didn't make anything... I'll PM you when I get back.

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Once I get my clutch in next few weeks along with Raxles I'm stripping my 5th gen and hitting the track, I am going for the record for a 3.0L also... slicks and all.... F-K the big brake kit I wanted
Are you serious about that? Or just joking... lol

Oh Dandy ya wanna hook a brotha up with some tips on EU ??
I'm just a PM away.. Or AIM or MSN.. lol
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whatever you can do to your 1995 Max, without touching the actual engine and no FI or Nitrous, I can do to my 6th Gen Maxima and I guarantee you I will out perform you in EVERY way!
You're talking to the guy who went 13.1@104 in a 3.0L max.

My engine produces more power and for a longer duration and revs higher. no win there

I will out corner you and accelerate out of the corner quicker.(all things equal, ie. we both had coilovers). no win there

Funny stuff. And the 3.5 revs higher than the 3.0? With the longer stroke? ...the hell?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Dandy.... I'm dead serious bout strippn the weight off my car ! I would like to be around 2800lbs- my car used to be 3005lbs when brand new as I remember I weight it at a local CAT scale. Remember I have no power seats or anything in my GXE, its stripped from Nissan- aka Maxima Type RRR.

Now I do have quite a bit of things repleaced on the car that are lighter... so who knows what it weights w/o my azz behind the wheel.

I need to get the friggn EU in my car, its going to be a year soon since I got it. Customer cars come 1st- they pay me
Old 09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

And I don't need to get down to a stock 4th Gen weight either.

revs higher? ever tried to rev your vq35 to 7500 on stock rod bolts? I didnt think so.

Again, you're comparing your car to a 9 year old car. That's foolish. A 4th gen with 3.5 will outperform, OUTHANDLE, and straight out outperform your 6th gen. Ever go to an autocross? Ever go to the track? Find me a 6th gen that got into the 13's untuned, all motor, for about 1000 bucks worth of mods.

And as was said before, (and i'm reinforcing the fact here) DandyMax's car will destroy any 6th gen.

Let me know when you wanna go to the track, we'll compare times. Make sure to get a race weight as well.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Yeah, I can see that setup making it into a mag. Looks good. Does your engine bay look like that?
Doesn't have to. Fred's setup wasn't shiny or chromed out. it was just a clean VQ35, which is what I have. I'm not trying to gloat, but I don't think my engine bay is in any way horrid.

and no, that isn't me standing by my car.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by DandyMax

First of all mine is a 98, not a 95. Don't know where you got that from.
Doesn't matter, it's a 4th Gen

Originally Posted by DandyMax
Second of all, we've already said it's useless to compare them apples to apples. My only point is that just because in your eyes it's a better car, does not make it so in someone else's. Nor does it make it the absolute fact. It's just an opinion. Even if you could somehow equal out the performance, handling, etc, one person will say one car is "better" than the other because they don't like the styling, or certain options or - whatever.
Styling??? Options??? You're talking aesthetics in an all motor forum??? I'm talking performance. Intake, headers, cat-back, rsb, stb, AFC, coilovers, big brake kit. stock motor!

You load up your car with those options, I load up mine. And I'm telling you "absolutely" I will out accelerate and out-corner you.

And um,
It's a sad thing that so many people on the .org put so much emphasis on 1/4 mile times. You tryin' to compete in the NHRA??? It's about acceleration, braking and cornering!

Of course you know that.

You wanna go fast in a straight line go get yourself a 90's Mustang, install a Vortech SC and you'll go real fast in a straight line. You'll spend more time at the track and less time in the shop too.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:39 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by JClaw
No. I happen to share that option with tons of people on these boards. Half the .org isn't crazy simply because they disagree with you.

IMO a VQ35 swapped 4th gen is a far superior platform than a 6th gen. I'm not alone to think that. Deal with it.
I can swap a twin turbo V12 into a Max and smoke anyone on this .org.

Your point is senseless because anyone can swap a motor and go faster. Like I've been saying, Stock motor.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:41 PM

Alright.... I've had enough of this BS.

Maxima was always THE pinacle of the "family sedan". It was ALWAYS THE fastest FWD sedan you could put your family into.... I'm sorry that the 10 year old 4th gens are not "cutting it" for you anymore. But 10 years ago they where THE ****. Now 6th gen comes around, it has NOTHING on the competition- absolutely nothing. That VQ engine that we all love, really nothing to brag about anymore as its hauling a big fat pig of a sedan around.

Sure 4/5th gens have the terrible handling beam in the rear.... whopptie fukn doo. I bet you my Maxima, with the "oooo sooo bad beam" will run circles around your upside down bath tub.

I subscribed to this thread to hear about WHY our Maximas don't CUT IT as far as magazine worthy cars.... NOT to read about some friggn TN built busted up tooth looking front end jelly bean on wheels that the 6th gen is.

So stop cluttering up my friggn INBOX with responses to this thread that mean as much to me, (and 99% of the people in this thread) as last weeks lotto numbers.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by tavarish
Doesn't have to. Fred's setup wasn't shiny or chromed out. it was just a clean VQ35, which is what I have. I'm not trying to gloat, but I don't think my engine bay is in any way horrid.

It won't make a magazine either. Sorry to bring the truth to you like that. I'm sure you've spent alot of time, money, and effort into the swap but honestly the end result is not that impressive.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:52 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Alright.... I've had enough of this BS.

Maxima was always THE pinacle of the "family sedan". It was ALWAYS THE fastest FWD sedan you could put your family into.... I'm sorry that the 10 year old 4th gens are not "cutting it" for you anymore. But 10 years ago they where THE ****. Now 6th gen comes around, it has NOTHING on the competition- absolutely nothing.
Wrong again!

From 2002-2004(5.5 and 6th Gen) there was NO 4dr, V6 car under 35 grand with the power of the Maxima. Do your research before you speak.

Before you go back and do your research remember I said, 4dr, V6, NA.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

It won't make a magazine either. Sorry to bring the truth to you like that. I'm sure you've spent alot of time, money, and effort into the swap but honestly the end result is not that impressive.
I'm glad you feel that way, but feel free to back your car up with an autocross vid, since you say so much about the acceleration, braking, and handling. Do I really have to say AGAIN that you're comparing your car to a car that was built 10 years ago?

You fail to make any points and come back with opinion. Tell you what, my lawnmower can outcorner, outaccelerate, and outCUT your 6th gen. Trust me bro. In the end, the lawnmower will come out on top. Don't ask me why, I just know. It was made in 2006.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM

Excuse me ? Do you recall Acura TL with 270HP ? 2004 is the year the Maxima died, and when the TL came out. And what the Max runs circles around the TL eh ? I do not think so.... YOU do you research. TL is everything the new Maxima should have been- aggressive styling, great handling, great looking AND feeling interior- but with a VQ under the hood. What did we get ?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM

why do all you guys think so new?
if the mag wants something unique gove em something unique and doesent always have to be expensive....but it helps....

i dont know about other generations but i know in the 2nd generation over seas in europe and australia and other places maximas came RWD in the saem chassis, converting a domestic one (domestic being U.S. because not every one lives there) shouldnt be too hard, and then it would leave room for a VG35ER (that funky xterra/frontier supercharged motor) and then modify it a little bit.

it may not be a super badass 600WHP flashy siper pimp mobile extravaganza but it would be different, when was the last time you saw a boxy thing like that lay down the rubber?....thinking about it, the power to weight ratio would be pretty good.

i have always in the back of my mind thought about this but i would like to see some one try it first too.

any way thats just my take on this whole thing
Old 09-07-2006, 07:00 PM

God ya'll need to just stop this BS. Allblackmax, your kinda biting off more than you can chew. Im sick of seeing the 6th gen bashing because I disagree with half of whats said. Not all 6th gen members are idiots but we still get thrown into the category. Whatever though, this thread is rediculous.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Excuse me ? Do you recall Acura TL with 270HP ? 2004 is the year the Maxima died, and when the TL came out. And what the Max runs circles around the TL eh ? I do not think so.... YOU do you research. TL is everything the new Maxima should have been- aggressive styling, great handling, great looking AND feeling interior- but with a VQ under the hood. What did we get ?
The Acura TL did not have 270hp. You're wrong. It had 260. And the torque sucked. Man, it's sad that you would even think a Honda engine could compete with a VQ35.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

As soon as i figure out how to use the ignore feature this guy's posts go bye-bye...
Old 09-07-2006, 07:04 PM

2nd gen Maxima- that chassis didn't come in RWD.

1st gen Maxima- aka 810 Datsun came with RWD and it had a venerable L-series straight 6 motor in it. That model came in sedan and wagon.

There is no VG35ER, its a VG33ER with 210HP vs 170 of the VG33E motor. The motor you WANT in the 810 is a RB or a highly modified L28ET with a L30 Diesel crank But what do I know, I drive a 5th gen that blows compared to the 6th gen.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I'm glad you feel that way, but feel free to back your car up with an autocross vid, since you say so much about the acceleration, braking, and handling. Do I really have to say AGAIN that you're comparing your car to a car that was built 10 years ago?
Hey, I'm not the one that started that rediculous argument. I expressed why I feel that dude's Max wouldn't make it into the magazine. Ya'll started with the 6th Gen bashing. Water on a duck's back to me. I know what my car is capable of without an engine swap.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Wrong again!

From 2002-2004(5.5 and 6th Gen) there was NO 4dr, V6 car under 35 grand with the power of the Maxima. Do your research before you speak.

Before you go back and do your research remember I said, 4dr, V6, NA.
Infiniti G35:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/inf...714/specs.html

Acura TL:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/acu...410/specs.html

Nissan Altima 3.5:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/nis...441/specs.html

And here's the Maxima:
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/nis...131/specs.html
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/nis...368/specs.html

/pissing contest
Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 PM

The Acura TL did not have 270hp. You're wrong. It had 260. And the torque sucked. Man, it's sad that you would even think a Honda engine could compete with a VQ35.
Alright per Edmunds.....

2004 Acura TL
Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.2 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 270 hp
Max Horsepower: 6200 rpm Torque: 238 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 5000 rpm Drive Type: FWD

2002-2003 TL Type S had the 260HP engine.

I think I know, since I do work AT ACURA as a technician. And YES Hondas J-series motor CAN compare with that junk Nissan has been producing they call VQs in the last few years. Atleast our engines don't burn oil till their rods hang out the side of the block like most of the current Nissan engine line up.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
vsamoylov

hey since you put in a pic i might as well do that as well. but i will probably will get the same response. nothing special.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Why except the 6th??? IMO, the early 6th Gen 2004-2006 are the best Maximas period. Independent rear suspension, the most power and torque, the best interior, the most room, on and on and on.

But you're right,
If the Max was RWD 400-600HP would be the norm. Well, I can only speak for the 6th Gen.
My point exactly. The 6th Gen is a better car anyway you think about it.

Whatever you can do to that engine I can do to the VQ35 and still be a better car.

Hell, I'm pushin' over 300 lb/ft or torque and all I have are intake, headers, and cat-back.

Whoever said a 1995 Max is better than a 6th Gen Max been sniffin too much VQ30 exhaust.
you didn't start this argument?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
vsamoylov

Alright per Edmunds.....

2004 Acura TL

I think I know, since I do work AT ACURA as a technician. And YES Hondas J-series motor CAN compare with that junk Nissan has been producing they call VQs in the last few years. Atleast our engines don't burn oil till their rods hang out the side of the block like most of the current Nissan engine line up.
dont start bashing on the vq series

Old 09-07-2006, 07:11 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by nismology
As soon as i figure out how to use the ignore feature this guy's posts go bye-bye...
Ignore all you want, I ain't the one that started the bashing. In fact, I mentioned nothing about how better my car is to the 4th Gen until I got attacked.

Furthermore, what's wrong with defending my gen? If I feel the 6th Gen is the best ever it's my opinion and people should not be upset over that.

People who get upset are obviously insecure and can't hold their own in a discussion.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:12 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Hey, I'm not the one that started that rediculous argument. I expressed why I feel that dude's Max wouldn't make it into the magazine. Ya'll started with the 6th Gen bashing. Water on a duck's back to me. I know what my car is capable of without an engine swap.
That's like saying I know what my car's capable of with FWD. No one's done an engine swap in a 6th gen, you couldnt swap if you wanted to.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
vsamoylov

Ignore all you want, I ain't the one that started the bashing. In fact, I mentioned nothing about how better my car is to the 4th Gen until I got attacked.

Furthermore, what's wrong with defending my gen? If I feel the 6th Gen is the best ever it's my opinion and people should not be upset over that.

People who get upset are obviously insecure and can't hold their own in a discussion.
again your car is only better then a 4th gen in your eyes.
quit saying that. if it was better then the 4th gen, then all the 4th gen guys would sell their maximas and get 6th gens.

2060lbs and falling...

Sounds like jealousy to me.
OMG; you're totally right. I'm totally jealous of your FWD 3500lbs ugly @ss car when I drive a 2200lbs RWD car that looks like a sports car should. BTW, I run basically a bone stock 95 Maxima motor and I guarantee I'd smoke you like a kid on a bicycle any day of the week. Don't talk **** to me son.

Do I smell a lock coming on?
fwd gone rwd cr00

In fact, I mentioned nothing about how better my car is to the 4th Gen until I got attacked.
I guess you completely missed the point then.

post #183.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Yet you havent put anything into this discussion, other than "my car can beat yours cause it's a 6th gen"
aka The Doom Ship

you didn't start this argument?
Hey, well whatdoyahknow, you're a cut and paste artist.

I never bashed the 4th Gen.

Those quotes you posted are not me bashing. You need to read the posts from the beginning.
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by Broaner
OMG, you're totally right. I'm totally jealous of your FWD 3500lbs ugly @ss car when I drive a 2200lbs RWD that looks like a sport car should. BTW, I run basically a bone stock 95 Maxima motor and I guarantee I'd smoke you like a kid on a bicycle any day of the week. Don't talk **** to me son.
dont take it the wrong way but the 240sx is no where close to what a sports car is.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 PM
vsamoylov

Hey, well whatdoyahknow, you're a cut and paste artist.

I never bashed the 4th Gen.

Those quotes you posted are not me bashing. You need to read the posts from the beginning.
you never bashed on teh 4th gen? get real dude.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:18 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
hey since you put in a pic i might as well do that as well. but i will probably will get the same response. nothing special.

That looks like crap, man. There's barely anything polished. You'll never get in a magazine that way. I wish i had a 6th gen. LOL
Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by Broaner
OMG; you're totally right. I'm totally jealous of your FWD 3500lbs ugly @ss car when I drive a 2200lbs RWD car that looks like a sports car should. BTW, I run basically a bone stock 95 Maxima motor and I guarantee I'd smoke you like a kid on a bicycle any day of the week. Don't talk **** to me son.

Do I smell a lock coming on?
Dude, I've seen the vid of your car. It might be fast but it looks....well...much to be desired.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
aka The Doom Ship

That looks like crap, man. There's barely anything polished. You'll never get in a magazine that way. I wish i had a 6th gen. LOL
I never said a 6th Gen will make a mag either.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Yet you havent put anything into this discussion, other than "my car can beat yours cause it's a 6th gen"
If that's all you got from my posts then you need to get hooked on phonics.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 PM

Dude, I've seen the vid of your car. It might be fast but it looks....well...much to be desired.
You have much to say here don't ya ? Like I said before and I will say it again... take that Bucktooth looking "sport sedan" of yours and go someplace where people care about your invaluable opinion. You sound like a middle aged person going through mid-life crisis, but you don't own a "I own the road cause I drive a VETTE" Corvette.... you drive a Bucktooth.

Now leave this topic once and for all, and let people who give a da_mn about performance converse in tranquility.

Bucktooth.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Alright per Edmunds.....

2004 Acura TL

I stand corrected. I'll still leave a TL. I have more torque and the TL weighs 100 pounds more than the Max.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:55 PM

Motor Trend Test of the 04 TL A-Spec package- no power add ons here just wheels and .25" lowering kit with diff springs and shocks + body kit.

2004 Acura TL TL A- SPEC
0-60 mph, sec 6.0 5.7
1/4 mile 14.44 @ 98.17 14.25 @ 97.81
Braking, 60-0, f t 141v 119
Slalom, mph 62.5 66.1
Skidpad, g 0.77 0.83

Motor Trend article - Six Appeal Maxima 6spd vs Audi A4 3.0 Quattro.

This is a fast car, boys and girls. Even with its full load of luxury gear, the SE can flash from zero to 60 mph in just 6.3 seconds. The quarter takes 14.8 seconds at 97 mph.

I stand corrected. I'll still leave a TL. I have more torque and the TL weighs 100 pounds more than the Max.
Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Just contacted SportCompactCar...