All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Building a Time Attack VQ for Competition - in a B15

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by smokinjoe
I noticed one of the sensors by the oil pan is sheered off. I assume this is either a oil pressure or oil level sensor - correct? Does anyone have a spare? I'll check car-part.com too.
That's the oil pressure switch. It just controls the dummy OP light on your cluster. I have a spare one if you need it. It's hard to tell in your pic, but it appears your OP switch is in good condition.

I just removed my OP switch since it does nothing really except notify you when your engine is blown. lol It will help if you are sitting there idling and the light comes on. But at WOT during a race, things happen a tad quickly. And as you already mentioned to me, it's tough to look at your gauges during a race.

What I did was install my cheap Sunpro OP gauge sending unit in place of it. And once the passenger axle was installed, I didn't have any room to install a T fitting with both the OP switch and my OP gauge's sending unit.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM

Thats a great idea - and we're going to add that gauge. BTW, we moved to build to a new thread

http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/6...ecu-build.html