All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Full 3.5 Wiring Spreadsheet Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 PM

Full 3.5 Wiring Spreadsheet Anyone?

I know there was a spreadsheet made for all of the connections required for the full 3.5 swap, crossing fingers there's still an active member that's got it
Old 08-02-2018, 11:56 AM

https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...p-harness.html
Old 08-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Well after hunting down ajcool2 he did luckily still have the full spreadsheet. Turns out eng92 had posted 95% of it in someone's thread but heres the link ajcool2 gave me for the Dropbox
​​​​View it here

​​​​​

Last edited by Violator; 08-05-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:37 AM

Any updates?

I'm currently in the middle of this exact swap on my 98 SE 5MT. I already ran the engine harness, and made my dash harness as well as installed the 3.5 and 6 speed.

I'm a lil confused on the wiring as far as the underhood connections go for f36, f37, e13, e14 when matching them up. But i think i figured it out for most connections except
connector f37
pin #2 (red) from ignsw to ecm ignsw
pin #3 (yellow/black) iacv-ficd solenoid valve power
pin #5 (red) power from ignsw to injectors
and
connector f36
​​​​pin #6 (red/black) power to 02 sensor
pin #8 (green/black) from ecm arcon to triple switch to condensor.
and
Connector f18
Pin #4 to ecm t31 crtn
Pin #5 to ecm t102 vmot
and
connector f17
pin #1 park/neutral switch
pin #4 to ecm t81
pin #6 power to backup switch
pin #8 ecm t58 gnd a (I believe I can ground this to body)

Also the SPST and DPST relay that we switch is another thing I'm stumped about for the throttle control motor and ecm. I google searched both relays to get a better understanding of how they operate which helped and also found Aaron (nwp) thread about how he wired up the DPST relay but without pics its hard to imagine it for me lol

I know the info is here all on the org which I have seen but I can't seem to make sense of it. I'm reading the fsms both 98 and 2002, comparing the wires, connectors and sensors and looking at the diagrams but it can get confusing tracing where each wire goes.

Also the link above has the same spreedsheets that I already found on another thread but my copy didn't include what the link above does which is notes 2 and notes 3. I noticed some notes say to tap into and that's where Im getting confused.

Do I leave the existing wire as is and tap into it with say another wire going to the sensor or do I cut the existing wire and tap into one end leaving the other end of the existing wire unconnected if that makes sense.

My brain is overloading and I'm trying to slow down and make sense of this but I just want to be sure before I mess anything up.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. I only posted here in this thread because this was the most recent thread related to the full 3.5 ecu swap that I could find.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by vingodine
I'm currently in the middle of this exact swap on my 98 SE 5MT. I already ran the engine harness, and made my dash harness as well as installed the 3.5 and 6 speed.

I'm a lil confused on the wiring as far as the underhood connections go for f36, f37, e13, e14 when matching them up. But i think i figured it out for most connections except
connector f37
pin #2 (red) from ignsw to ecm ignsw
pin #3 (yellow/black) iacv-ficd solenoid valve power
pin #5 (red) power from ignsw to injectors
and
connector f36
​​​​pin #6 (red/black) power to 02 sensor
pin #8 (green/black) from ecm arcon to triple switch to condensor.
and
Connector f18
Pin #4 to ecm t31 crtn
Pin #5 to ecm t102 vmot
and
connector f17
pin #1 park/neutral switch
pin #4 to ecm t81
pin #6 power to backup switch
pin #8 ecm t58 gnd a (I believe I can ground this to body)

Also the SPST and DPST relay that we switch is another thing I'm stumped about for the throttle control motor and ecm. I google searched both relays to get a better understanding of how they operate which helped and also found Aaron (nwp) thread about how he wired up the DPST relay but without pics its hard to imagine it for me lol

I know the info is here all on the org which I have seen but I can't seem to make sense of it. I'm reading the fsms both 98 and 2002, comparing the wires, connectors and sensors and looking at the diagrams but it can get confusing tracing where each wire goes.

Also the link above has the same spreedsheets that I already found on another thread but my copy didn't include what the link above does which is notes 2 and notes 3. I noticed some notes say to tap into and that's where Im getting confused.

Do I leave the existing wire as is and tap into it with say another wire going to the sensor or do I cut the existing wire and tap into one end leaving the other end of the existing wire unconnected if that makes sense.

My brain is overloading and I'm trying to slow down and make sense of this but I just want to be sure before I mess anything up.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. I only posted here in this thread because this was the most recent thread related to the full 3.5 ecu swap that I could find.
​​​I believe eng92 refferred to that spreadsheet as being all the required modifications. And Aaron I believe only swapped a 3rd gen max which is entirely different

I've only gotten my MT dash and engine harnesses this project got delayed because of work school and the only pick and pull MT car being almost 4hours away. Pulling my 2002 engine Thursday for a buyer and the next weekend id like to be ready to put the new engine in

As for the wiring in the spreadsheet you see the connector number and the wire color and pin number. Most of them just plug right in but if you have to wire it in manually it tells you which wires from which connectors match up and you cut and solder those wires together

Last edited by Violator; 09-15-2018 at 12:09 AM.