Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Killer sound??? (Aura Bass Shakers)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 05:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just bought a new pair of AURA BASS shakers for $40 off of Ebay. Supposedly they're supposed to feel as good as subs in your car, without all that high sound pressure level.. does anyone have Aura Bass Shakers Installed?? How do they perform, Are they worth it?? The only thing that pissed me off about getting them, is that i didn't realize that it would cost $65 bucks per Bass shaker to get installed!! that's $130!!!! I'm almost tempted to install them myself but drilling is required and i don't know the first thing about stereo installation!!! Thanks!!

-Ryan (1996 Maxima GXE)
Old 12-09-2000, 06:11 PM

Errr?

Actually dude the high sound pressure level is what makes the "feeling" in your car. Without that all it's gonna do is rattle **** and that's what you want to eliminate. The money woulda been better spent on actual subs, even if they were only Lanzar or Pyramid.

What's involved in installing them? Just uh, a rca or line level adapter cable and some power wire? (Line level/rca = thing from the deck that carries the sound)..

If so, it's doable without knowing a lot about stereo installation but it can be a pain. The easiest way to do it would be threading the power wire through the firewall, and then connecting a wire to the rear speakers and running it through the back of the trunk to the cabin. Then you've got both wires ready to install. As for drilling em down, as long as your not near the gastank or something important, it should be fine.
Old 12-09-2000, 09:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have some

I bought some about a year ago and put them in my car.If you install them in the right place that resonates well, then they will sound awesome. I had mine directly under my front seats. There was no rattle problem at all. it sounded just like subs. since then I have gotten real subs(louder). I hooked up the bass shakers to my surround sound on my tv. I just screwed them on the sides of my couch, and it is really cool. They are pretty neat. If you are going to have them professionally installed, then they should do really well.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:40 PM
Maxtor

Re: I have some

Originally posted by 96sleeper
I bought some about a year ago and put them in my car.If you install them in the right place that resonates well, then they will sound awesome. I had mine directly under my front seats. There was no rattle problem at all. it sounded just like subs. since then I have gotten real subs(louder). I hooked up the bass shakers to my surround sound on my tv. I just screwed them on the sides of my couch, and it is really cool. They are pretty neat. If you are going to have them professionally installed, then they should do really well.
Did you mount them on the floor or right on the bottom of the seat? What type and size of screws did you use? Did you have to drill?

Old 03-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: I have some

Originally posted by Maxtor

Did you mount them on the floor or right on the bottom of the seat? What type and size of screws did you use? Did you have to drill?
If you mount them on the floor of the car, you wont feel them. They need to be mounted directly onto the metal seat pan on the bottom. I just used some self tapping sheet metal screws, so I did not pre-drill. I had to flatten out the seat pan with a hammer so they would sit flush, but they work great.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:31 PM

Re: I have some

Originally posted by 96sleeper

Do you have the BOSE system on your maxima? If so, can you tell me what kind of adapter you had to buy to add the amp & sub to your system. Is it hard by the way to install it?