Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Audio and Electronics (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics-21/)
-   -   V-1 and false alarms. K or Ka band (https://maxima.org/forums/audio-electronics/365436-v-1-false-alarms-k-ka-band.html)

Jeff92se 08-17-2006 12:00 PM

V-1 and false alarms. K or Ka band

I understand the X band could be store door sensors etc.. but every once in awhile I'll get a K or Ka band when I know there's no cops around.

I hear some domestic SUVs with back up sensors are using K bands? Any ideas of what trips K band other than a speed gun?

burnurass 08-17-2006 02:34 PM

not too sure...but those damn Infiniti FX's with their laser guidance cruise control are annoying to drive infront of!!!

alpicone 09-01-2006 02:17 PM

My laser warning goes off a lot from the brake lights from some cars. The high mounted brake light from the Trailblazer & Envoy always set it off.

alpicone 09-01-2006 02:19 PM

Some cars are also using radar based cruise control that is annoying when it ses off the radar detector. I have also seen trucks set it off. maybe some sort of communication equiptment they have.

Kevlo911 09-01-2006 03:09 PM

V1 is very annoying, I hate it. Friend has v1.8 too.

I am going to get a X50 or the new Bell radar.

Jeff92se 09-01-2006 03:14 PM

Brake lights? Odd. Which band? K and Ka?

Someone on anther board said traffic cameras will suddenly make the K band go nuts when it decides to take a picture or something.

Originally Posted by alpicone
My laser warning goes off a lot from the brake lights from some cars. The high mounted brake light from the Trailblazer & Envoy always set it off.

99 SE-L 09-01-2006 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Brake lights? Odd. Which band? K and Ka?

Someone on anther board said traffic cameras will suddenly make the K band go nuts when it decides to take a picture or something.

yeah i have a X50it doesnt do that as the V1 has the best laser detection , my buddy got the V1 1.8V and the trailblazers have plasma rear brake light which cause Laser to go off.

Kevlo911 09-01-2006 04:20 PM

It is not much better from what I have read. Def not worth it IMO. Bell RX65 or X50 hmmmmmmm

AscendantMax 09-01-2006 05:31 PM

there's quite a few door sensors in houston that uses the k-band. i know for sure the two walgreens near my area that uses the k-band for their doors.

steven88 09-01-2006 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I understand the X band could be store door sensors etc.. but every once in awhile I'll get a K or Ka band when I know there's no cops around.

I hear some domestic SUVs with back up sensors are using K bands? Any ideas of what trips K band other than a speed gun?

I believe you're talking about the domestic SUVs using laser brake light...if so, that is true...if I'm driving behind a newer model trailblazer, my LIDAR will go off...but not my radar signals (x, k, ka)

CoolMax 09-01-2006 06:34 PM

what kind of RD? I pick up a lot of "false" K band with my X50

steven88 09-01-2006 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
what kind of RD? I pick up a lot of "false" K band with my X50

I do too...more recently, alot of electronic doors use radar K band....so dont worry too much

CoolMax 09-02-2006 06:54 PM

I have my X-50's City mode set to "No X."
Construction signs also seem trip the K-band. At this point I only may attention to Ka & Laser. I rarely pay attention to K-band either, unless I'm in a more rural area.

steven88 09-02-2006 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
I have my X-50's City mode set to "No X."
Construction signs also seem trip the K-band. At this point I only may attention to Ka & Laser. I rarely pay attention to K-band either, unless I'm in a more rural area.

I generally use this rule of thumb as well...but I still keep an eye out on those K bands...with my V1, I normally get weak to half strength signals from grocery stores, buildings, etc....but I've encountered police radaring motorists with the K band...and those normally start off abnormally high strength...even if I'm like half a mile way, it already sets it off in full blast....THATS when I know something is up, and is no grocery store ;)

As for X band...those can kiss my ***...lol