Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Climate control wiring conversion from OEM Navigation to OEM non-Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Climate control wiring conversion from OEM Navigation to OEM non-Navigation

I have a dilema on my 02 Max. I am trying to get rid of the OEM navigation, so I can go with an aftermarket navigation system. The integration of the climate controls to the navigation unit is making it a difficult task. I purchased the climate controls from an 02 Maxima without havigation, and I was expecting to find connectors on the back of the navigation unit that would match up with the climate controls on the controls I bought off a non-Navi Max. I am now looking for a wiring diagram to help me determine whether or not the two climate control systems are compatible. If they are compatible and I can locate wiring diagrams, then I will redo the wiring myself. I am really hoping that the rest of the components are the same, and only the wiring needs to be redone. Has anybody tried this? Can the climate controls from a Max with OEM Navigation be re-wired to work with a non-Navi digital climate control panel? I know 02 Maxima's with OEM Navigation are pretty rare, but I am really hoping somebody has done this, and has information that might help me.